The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Sculptor makes intelligent comments in several threads.

Dude, none of us are perfect. I wouldn’t even ban UrWrongx1000

I MIGHT send a small portion of his threads to rant.

Nobody on ILP deserves to be banned now.

The only permaban that I was involved with was a dude who would use the quote function and then type things I never said and debate them!

That’s crazy asshole on a whole ‘nother level!

In my fucking, almost 30 years online, I’d never seen that before …

This group, not so bad.

This group is not so bad, I agree.

The previous group seemed ok too.

Some thinking as you know is brought about through emotional pathways as opposed to rational pathways(I call this rational mismatching) - sometimes people are locked in the emotional zone, so to speak.

When I first arrived here I received this welcome: Welcome to the acid bath.

:evilfun:

I can appreciate this

:sunglasses:

I’ve thought a lot about moderation over the years…

Most boards have some type of pit that only registered members can read. This is supposed to discipline them, because people in general want to be read.

ILP has the sandbox though, so I don’t know how important rant is here…

One thing that is important, if someone is acting like an idiot, is for the general public to have access to seeing the train wreck.

Rant for example could be made into a public forum that’s renamed “we think this person in this thread is being a massive idiot and ass (you be the judge).

Something like that.

That picture reminds me of this I found in the internet:

MELSM_and_the_wrong_side_saddam.png
Looks pretty similar.

It is almost always the case that people only support those who are in their group. “Group dynamics” is the keyword.

Ah, group dynamics! That’s one of my specialities, also the trolls in one of the four groups that always exist on the internet.

I therefore invite you, the trolls too, yes, them even more: ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 2&t=196726

I have read all of the thread Otto. I like it - you also answered a question in that thread for me. Thanks.
I am not in any group(segregation) on this forum but I do like to mingle when I have time.

Take care Otto! :smiley:

After so many days i got some free time so i decided to share some thoughts about this subject because i think that this goes down far far deep than we generally think.

first of all, as i mentioned in my previous post in this thread, the basic elements are five not four. The element of sky must be included in the list.
This sky element is like mother element means all all other four elements comes out from it. it is something like what we consider spacetime in physics where all other forces like gravitation manifest themselves.

There is an order in the elements also which is Sky, air, fire, water and earth if we put those in top to down order. Sky is gender neutral. Air and fire are male elements while water and earth are female elements. Every person use to have its own unique different proportion of the mix of these four elements which makes every individual unique.

These elements do not exist in equal portions in us. Two lower female elements, earth and water exist in majority while fire and air are in lesser quantity. In a sense, there are no pure males but only shemales. but yes, the portion of maleness use to differ in all of us and that decides our nature. In the same way are are no pure females either. Every female requires some portion of malenss to exist. Extremes are possible in nature and compromises must be there in order to exist.

Nature/existence is predominantly female. We can see it in our reproduction system. Our reproduction requires only a hint of maleness( a tiny sperm) to reproduce. All the rest is done by females but the important thing to remember here is that minuscule portion of maleness is essential. Creation is not possible without that.

Now let us take all elements one by one.

First comes the earth. Earth represents solidness, immobility, ability to take heavy impacts and absorbs almost everything which is inserted in it. the element of earth gives mental strength to absorbs shocks but excess of it creates laziness too. Water is also shock absorbent and because of its fluidity, it has the nature to take the shape immediately of the vessel in which it poured into. It affects out nature un the same way. It creates adjustability to new situations in one’s nature and calmness too.

Being female elements, earth and water have the tendency to move down while other two male elements, fire and air have the tendency to move upwards always.

Next in the line is fire. As it is warm so it adds aggression in one’s nature. The last one is air and just like its nature it creates vagabondness and instability. people having excessive air element cannot stick to one task or relation long enough.

with love,
sanjay

This is all just an ancient and thouroughly discredited science.
It’s a theory that does no work.
“Fire” is not a feature of human behaviour or aggerssion or anything else of the kind. Its just a word you can loosely use to help describe such things.
To say otherwise is an example of the cart pulling the horse.

The warmth of the fire symbolizes not only aggression or destruction at all, but also and, as I find, even more well-being (think of e.g. warmth at the campfire, Easter fire etc.), solutions and compounds by warmth/heat (compare physics, chemistry: elementary particles, atoms, elements etc.), warm-heartedness, love, also hot love, heat, eros and - not to forget - light: without fire (light) there would be nothing to see at all, there would be no sense of sight, no organs of sight (eyes).

[tab]Only a test.

S_.png[/tab]

I did not mean that fire element is not necessary. Both of fire and air are as necessary as other two but not in their proportion. Humans also need a hint of fire and air in their mix.

A little bit of aggression is necessary for survival. In the same way, a little bit of air element is also required to initiate necessary changes but even a slight overpresence of these two male ingredients can cause more damage in comparison of other two female elements.

That is precisely what we are seeing in today’s society. For many reasons, the ratio of two male ingredients has increased in present day humans and that is causing disturbance in equilibrium.

With love,
Sanjay

The Four Humours is a dead science

This is all just an ancient and thouroughly discredited science.
It’s a theory that does no work.
“Fire” is not a feature of human behaviour or aggerssion or anything else of the kind. Its just a word you can loosely use to help describe such things.
To say otherwise is an example of the cart pulling the horse.

@ Zinnat.

Is the belief in the elements still very widespread in India?
Would you like it to stay that way?

youtu.be/r58GQYFZeLE

These sorts of discussions interest me - not so much for the subject matter in this case but for how the opposing sides attempt to communicate their own ideas to each other. In other instances, in other forums, I have seen the science(and philosophy) fanboys dispute based on belief rather than hard work. Essentially letting the perceived majority think for them. In other instances on this forum and others, I see both sides work hard to present their respective points of view.

From what I have been able to discern this is more of a discussion than a debate for the side that is genuinely interested in the OP.

For the reasoning I have mentioned, I have chosen to be an observer rather than a fully engaged participant in this thread. I personally don’t see any real harm to the discussion.

I like the climate zones I, II, III, particularly the cold zones I and II which I want to discover like Eric the Red did.

E.png

Zone I is too cold for me.

I do not think so. During the last decade or so, internet has made a lot of inroads in India and that is changing the way people think. It was not so 15 years back but it is now, either for better or worse.

With love,
Sanjay

The Internet alone has made so much happen in India? Or could it have been due to something else too? I think especially of the economic growth in India since a few years.

India is the worst example of rampant capitalism. Fake democracy overlords an illiterate and poverty striken populace with a dictator at the helm. He presides over abscene levels of inequality, economically, and socially.
The Internet is mobilized to further control the people.
Paradoxically Kerala has one of the most advanced social medicine systems in the emerging South, and massive contrast to the thousands of funeral pyres and exponential infection rates. But the shit will hit that fan all too soon.

It seems a common problem that world leaders (Trump, Boris Johson, Balsenaro) that contract covid and survive seem to have a cavalier attitude to lcokdowns and other measures necessary to fight the pandemic. If Modi gets COVID we can only hope he dies of it.