what Kropotkin is aiming for.....

most people, I would say, 99.9% of people, use language to hide
and pontificate, as oppose to enlighten and make clear…

a good example of this lies with this statement…

1 + 1 = 2…

that is an not a statement of fact, but is really an opinion…
what? what are you babbling about Kropotkin?
it is easy to understand what 1 + 1 = 2 means… no, but actually
that statement doesn’t mean a dam thing…it is a hypothetical statement
that has no basis in reality… think about it… what does 1 + 1 = 2 actually mean?

it is a statement that has no basis in reality… 1 + 1 = 2…

I could just as easily say, and have the same validity of form,

people from Mars look exactly like earthers…

let us look at the statement, 1 + 1 = 2

you might say, it is the same as saying one apple plus one apple equals
two apples… but you would be wrong… because the two statements
are not the same… 1 + 1 = 2 is an theoretical, abstract sentence that
has no meaning…whereas saying

one apple plus one apple equals two apples…

that statement is a true, real statement…and different then the statement
1 + 1 = 2…

now one might say, the apples part is implied in the statement, 1 + 1 = 2…
but we cannot accept such an implication in that statement…

it would be accepting evidence outside of the already known evidence…

1 + 1 = 2 is a theoretical, hypothetical, abstract statement…

whereas one apple plus one apple equals two apples is a real, based in facts
statement…

so once again, let us bring to a real statement…

GL: BLM has founders, leaders.
It is an organization with a pecking order and a creed…
(so far you haven’t said anything that would suggests to us that
BLM is any different then the church, the GOP, the masons, or your local
library group)
then you go and enter theory, abstract, hypothetical land…

“It is a anti-white, misandrist organization with Marxist overtones”

this is an abstract statement which means nothing…

you have to go on to show us what it means to be anti-white,
misandrist organization with marxist overtone"

how is BLM anti-white? how is it misandrist and compare it to other
organizations that you think are “Misandrist” and what does marxist mean
and how does that relate to BLM? You are simply making abstract, theoretical,
hypothetical statements with no relationship to reality…

most statements around here are meaningless because they are
abstract, theoretical, hypothetical… without meaning…
like 1+1 = 2…like the statement: “BLM is Marxists”… it doesn’t
mean a dam thing until you connect that statement with the real world…
what does BLM mean? what does “Marxists mean?” even the “Is” needs some
context into the real world…

context, context, context… every single statement must have some context
for us to think about before we can consider it to be “true” or “real”…
no context and that statement is simply an abstract, hypothetical,
theoretical statement… and your statements lack any context, any basis
in reality…

you might say, well everyone knows what “Marxists” means…
and that statement is quite clearly wrong… those who argue most
against Marxism are the ones who clearly have no idea what Marxism actually
means… they provide no context to their statements because if you provide
context, it will show that you have no clue what Marxism actually means…

to give the word Marxism any meaning, you have to connect the word Marxism
with some Marxist explanation… for example, no one on ILP is a actual marxists…
so, how do I know? because one of the key points of Marxism is the ownership
of all the means of production by the state… and please point out anyone who
has advocated that position… I certainly haven’t… or perhaps show us someone
who has advocated the elimination of private property which is another key
point of Marxism (as defined by Marx… not neccessarily by other “marxists”)

in other words, you toss around the word Marxists, but without any context which
means your use of the word is abstract, hypothetical, without any point of contact
with the real world…

bring our words down to earth… what does “Marxists” actually mean?

don’t tell me, show me…

Kropotkin

From what I can tell there are some issues on ILP including influence from inside and outside the forum. When influence from outside the forum is brought into the setting of the forum some context may not make it into any arbitrary conversation. Context is not something that everyone can grasp because most people just go about their daily lives and then get a bee in their bonnet one day and decide to sign up to something like a philosophy forum and try to solve the unsolvable. In any case, at the end of the day, words are about as useful as staring at the north end of a south-bound camel. Actions speak louder than words - that is why I spend an appropriate amount of time blocking my ears because a lot of people are just full of hot air and do not have the gonads to actually change the world - at least change their little part of it because anyone with half a brain knows that they can not change the world for the world is too big to change. Go to China and try that, I dare anyone…

In light of the context, there are many things that need to be considered, such as, how language users adapt certain properties of their language, lexical choice, assumed knowledge between interlocutors, syntax, and other characteristics of a formula based creation leading to some sort of semantic currency in the communicative situation. No one should reasonably expect others to automatically understand what they think they understand. What is appropriate to expect in a communicative exchange comes about by getting some understanding of the potential participants of any potential communicative situation.

Then there is this:

Logical deduction, when answering a question, is limited by:

1. cognitive limitations
  2. time available to answer the question
  3. openness to influence from the social norm
  4. availability of accurate information

This structure does not only apply to answering questions…and social norms are going to vary somewhat if people are from different regions and/or with participation in different subgroups/subcultures.

I have also noticed the frequency of responses indicates that people probably do not think for very long before they make their responses. I don’t think context is the only problem here. I have tested a few people to see how their comprehension of lexical and syntactic subtleties varies against someone who truly has a magnificent grasp of the language - in this case, English - what I have noticed is that many people have a better memory than a grasp on contextual concerns. I have also noticed that we often forget to use the faculty of imagination to help us decipher conceptual patterns - add this to the lack of asking civilized questions to get better access to intent and throw in some argumentum ad hominem and we end up with a recipe for disaster - things just get out of control - the situation becomes too big for anyone to handle.

Earlier this week I was accused of being unsophisticated as a result of one of my lexical-syntactic experiments in which the receiver clearly had no idea what I was talking about…what was freakishly and immediately apparent was their own lack of sophistication and their lacking in their own inability to observe that they had been primed. So, yeah…subtle shifts in meaning through word choice & order and the ability to detect needed nuances - identifying emphasis…funny thing is I have been called a Yankee thought terrorist by someone who turned around later and said, I don’t know where you are from but I love you encode…interpretation is important before any of us start accusing someone of something - this is horrendously obvious in light of how philosophers of old have been interpreted…

…probably time to stop taking the language for granted along with the available information on the internet and pretending to others that you have any idea of what you are regurgitating…

…this post is not directed at you Peter - I am just elevating your thread a little…raising the stakes for the viewers at home…

For me, any law which discriminates against whites is anti-white, no matter the ‘justification’ or intent behind it, period, I will not stand for being discriminated against on the basis of my race.
Affirmative action and so called ‘Native American’ (Native Americans don’t exist, they’re a social construct) Reservations are anti-white, but BLM wants to take it a step further, they want diversity quotas, reparations, black only hospitals, police departments and schools.
The founders/leaders of BLM are admittedly trained Marxists.
They also want to deny fathers equal rights over children.

[b]Why Reparations

https://blacklivesmatter.com/why-reparations/

This week marked 100 years since the state-sponsored bombing of what was known as Black Wall Street. The Tulsa Massacre was an organized mob attack driven by white supremacy. That white supremacy is at the root of systemic racism that still thrives today.

But we’re done allowing white supremacy to thrive, and we’re past the point of “justice.” Our demand for the people of Tulsa — and for all Black people — is reparations.[/b]

From the horse’s mouth: Patrisse Cullors, founder/leader of BLM, “Am I A Marxist”.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEp1kxg58kE[/youtube]

There you have it, 1:20 into the video she says “I do believe in Marxism”.
BLM is a Marxist organization.

Gloominary: It is a anti-white, misandrist organization with Marxist overtones"
[/quote]
G: For me, any law which discriminates against whites is anti-white, no matter the ‘justification’ or intent behind it, period, I will not stand for being discriminated against on the basis of my race.

K: but you seem to be quite ok with laws discriminating against others…
Jim crows laws for example, which quite clearly discriminated against blacks…
when I lived in Fla circa 1970, I could still see the evidence of those laws…
you seem to be ok with those types of laws…

G:
Affirmative action and so called ‘Native American’ (Native Americans don’t exist, they’re a social construct) Reservations are anti-white, but BLM wants to take it a step further, they want diversity quotas, reparations, black only hospitals, police departments and schools.
The founders/leaders of BLM are admittedly trained Marxists.
They also want to deny fathers equal rights over children.
[/quote]
K: there is so much confusion in this part of your answer, I am not sure how to respond…
ok, let us try this… do Italians exists? or do the Irish exists? by your thought, they too
could be a “social construct”… now as far as your thought on “reservations?”
do you mean, the “reservations” that the whites forced the Native Americans
onto over a century ago…I knew an Native American lady, who grew up on one of
those “Reservations” and she didn’t have running water or electricity until she was
12…and she didn’t grow up speaking english… it was her second language… and yet she
grew up in North Dakota… you mean that social construct? Nationalism by
definition is a social construct… being an “American” is a social construct…

the next part of this confusion of yours is this “the founders/leaders of BLM are
admittedly trained Marxists” and so the fuck what does that have to do with
the price of tea? you sound like those idiots like Observ and UR…
as far as I can tell, BLM has already run its course… it will hang on of course,
but it won’t amount too much… it was born of the moment and will die a long,
lingering death…we have moved on…but I shall in another post respond further to this…

and as far as reparations go, I have in an earlier thread, said that I felt
reparations are a bad idea… but once again, you just announced a point,
leave it without context… what is the context of denying fathers equal rights
over children… that is pretty much the legal standard in America today…

you say they want diversity quota’s, black only hospitals, police, and schools…
once again, everything is about context… in what context do they want these
things? in your overimagined reading of things, you might have mistaken BLM
demand for wanting more police to be black and the higher ups of police, to be black…
and that is a good thing… you might imagine that to mean they want “separate”
police force… again, be clear exactly what you mean by "BLM
wanting X, Y, and Z…WHAT is X, Y, and Z?

now connect the dots… you seem to think everything is a “Marxist”
organization…how is BLM an Marxists organization? what defines it
as being a Marxist organization? once again, context matter…

Now I know you are going to say, its leaders are Marxists, so BLM is Marxists"
but I hope you aren’t that lazy… for example, one might say, I am a republican…
but which GOP do they belong to? there are at least three distinct GOP parties
right now… you have to get into the weeds to work out which GOP party they
might belong to… you have to have context…

Kropotkin

Fuck me, I really gotta deal with all this shit?
Can’t I just say shit sometimes without having to debate every single point?
I think people who aren’t way out in left field on this will already get the gist of what I’m saying.
I’m running out of patience here.

:laughing:

Are you okay with Jim Crow laws as Peter has accused you? Peter tries to justify the politics of today with the past that has been changed for the better as if he and you are existing in 1960 now. Yes, Gloom justify your present existence against a past you had no part in.

Also, has Peter accepted BLM as a Marxist organization after you provided proof? Or is he trying to deny it with his example of three GOP parties, which surely makes them not real GOP parties.

You’re puttin words in my mouth.

Most ‘natives’ are mostly white genetically.
‘Natives’ don’t even have to be mostly native to qualify for benefits.

Conditions on reservations have vastly improved.

They’re leaders of a sociopolitical organization advocating far left policies, not to mention thousands of them are committing acts of terror you fucking idiot.
If BLM leadership isn’t directly encouraging acts of terror, at the very, very least they’re not doing enough to discourage it.
Marxism itself is pro-revolutionary violence.

If there was a sociopolitical organization advocating far right policies, whose founders/leaders were admitted trained Fascists/Nazis, and thousands of their members were committing acts of terror, are you telling me you wouldn’t be the least bit concerned?
Of course you would be you fucking hypocrite.

If the manager of a McDonald’s posts on facebook or twitter he’s a Fascist/Nazi, he’ll be doxed, fired and his life will be pretty well ruined, meanwhile dems roll out the red carpet for Marxists, the double standard is glaring.

To tens of millions of Americans Marxism has the same connotations as Fascism/Nazism, and for good reason, it lead to the slaughter of hundreds of millions of people, often on the basis of their ethnicity/religion.

You don’t just sound like an idiot, you are a fucking idiot.

You stupid fuck, radical left and right politics aren’t coming to NA and the EU, they’re here, with every year sociopolitical, economic and racial tensions grow, we haven’t seen the last of BLM and far left hate groups like it.
If you think radical left and right politics are miraculously confining themselves to the 20th century, you got another thing coming.

Why stop at affirmative action and diversity quotas, why not reparations?

They want to take it even further, give more rights to mothers at the expense of fathers.

BLM = everything?

Now let’s get 'really philosophical" about it away from the maddening crowd.

Ism’s and schisms are very very pass by now, and are definitionally deconstructed and are really benkrupt.

What really matters, most is the constructed notion of the idea of the melting pot. Even Capital is on a disaster course, or at least the ideals which has so long supported it, bug what matters here is the vampiristic ad lib suck of essential humanism from the whole system, which so far has been on a total decline, .

The NWO, as a mode of rehabilitation has failed in the West for various reasons, overcumming Spengler’s pessimistic forewarence by skips and jumps.

The soul of man has been held at bay by Black soul, and sorry to say, if has literary been done by the use of musical chairs.

The market’s appeal did not happen yesterday, but has been a eroding road, where working for consumption for most has become a market full of declining quality. However, the attractions an equally continental euroethnic historicism has also lost it’s glimmer, especially since the dialectically materially minded Russian empire list it’s attractive duplicity since Peter I, who wanted a Petersburg to rival Paris as the hub of civilidation.

Add to the fate of the Russian serf, the very late fate of the American black man is merely a topping for an over baked pie.

Soooo?

The handwriting on the wall went south into the political manure, and it’s codification has refused to be decoded.

Ssystemic and systematic overhaul of the financial system has been predicated a long time ago, and management by oversight by wordily unified systems of exchange .

If the discussion can be democratically reduced to an either or grass roots level of participation, then a lot of mystery could be knocked out from under it, rather then politicians talking in and around in codes.

They’re founders/leaders are Marxists, they’re pushing far left policies, they’re committing violence en masse, if they’re not calling for the wholesale nationalization of the economy just yet, it’s only because they’re gradualists and they know this shit takes time.
Clearly they’re working towards that objective.
That they’re not denouncing the violence their members are committing makes their founders/leaders and the whole organization complicit in it.
They’re a Marxist, terrorist hate group.

I accuse her of something, that is for sure…but I can not accuse her of something I believe she is too lazy and too stupid to understand and in turn making her understanding a part of her beliefs…

…she could do with losing a few pounds too…

More like, from the horse’s arse. I don’t think she really knows what she believes in, actually.

My money is on her not knowing fuck all about Marxism. Maybe she read some article in some magazine that she got from some newsstand…tickling her ears…despite what she claims…

It looks like she just finished masturbating. At best, I would call it Barxism - to illustrate: her bark is worse than her bite as far as her understanding is concerned…then I have to wonder about her accusers too…does it appear that she is talking a lot about Marxism in this video aside from her stated belief…?..so, up to the minute twenty mark she says hardly anything - to me she is saying nothing…then the big moment when she states her belief…she says a little more of nothing after the big moment and then a little bit of crap about Martin Luther King and COVID…blah blah blah…the video is actually…pretty…awful…she likes making videos…does not seem to bring things together very well…mish mash followed by…ring that motherfucking bell(her words)…

Four minutes and thirty-four seconds of my life I am never going to get back…another rabbit hole, Alice…

Seems like the people on both sides of the argument here could not analyse(or for that matter fight) their way out of a shithouse. The argument being, what is presented in the video - not this thread.

For the sake of completion I guess I should add a definition - tickling […] ears: People saying or suggesting things to others to please them even though what they say is untrue just for the sake of winning them over - taken from Collins(online dictionary)as a suggestion for definition to be added. Link to Collins - this saying has been around for a while. It also means filling your head with only what you like…I would suggest to the point of not having a philosophy of concepts that are complementary to each other - meaning the person is in conflict with themselves - such a person is not worth following…it is not worth jumping on their bandwagon…whatever…maybe when she as co-founder, not founder comes back with something solid(as in real knowledge) instead of inciting emotion will she be good for her side.

…in any case, one has to learn to fight their way out of a shithouse before harping on about things id est learn to analyse properly…or get off of the high horse…

What’s kroping up today, Kropotkin?

Zookers - you really are nutters - not just the communist pundit I thought. :confused:

Is that a trait of all communists? Is that why they had to make so many Americans so uneducated and mindless - so as to increase their number? - BLM, antifa, woke liberals? - Are they all as horridly inept?

You really believe that “1+1=2” is just a speculative white-man theory? :open_mouth:

Have you ever heard the word “definition”? Or the term “definition of a word or symbol”? It might be new to you so let me explain -

The statement that “1+1=2” serves as a definition for what the symbol “2” means.

“2” (of anything) means 1 of something plus another 1 of that something - “2” = “1+1” (of anything)

It is an explanation of what symbols mean - NOT a speculative theory of what might be true.

It’s no wonder the “progressives” are so digressive.

obsrvr, you evil white man (I presume), did you really just say 1+1=2??

No no - I said “2 = 1 + 1”.

:smiley:

“1+1=2” means “1+1 is an expression that represents the same number represented by the symbol 2”. It’s a statement about language. It’s similar to saying “In English language, the word apparent and the word obvious mean one and the same thing”. And since language is part of the world, the two statements are indeed stating sonething about yhe world.

&