Quantum Pseudo-Immortality

Bad news for suicidal people: death is not an experience within life. You can’t want non-existence because non-existence doesn’t exist. If it did exist, it wouldn’t be non-existence, would it? You cannot actually want to die in the ultimate sense. You can’t want to be outside of your own consciousness, because you wouldn’t be ‘you’ anymore, if you were. You can’t want non-existence. You can only want whatever you’re feeling to stop. You literally cannot escape, there’s no point trying.

Quantum immortality is usually explained in the following way: each time you die, that is, each time your stream of consciousness is irreparably severed, (be it from death or coma or traumatic brain injury) you punch through into a parallel universe where you’re still alive, and you keep doing this forever, such that 10,000 years from now, you will still be alive in some parallel universe in which you’ve somehow been able to survive as a conscious mummy, a freak of nature, like that Sibyl hanging in a jar. 100,000 years, somehow you’re still alive and conscious as basically a desiccated raisin in a wheelchair, a marvel of modern science, a total anomaly. Then somehow you’re still there and conscious long after the last proton decays and the universe has ceased to exist via heat-death, namely by spontaneously re-arranging yourself (or some other substrate capable of bearing your current stream of consciousness) out of emergent fluctuations in the quantum foam as a Boltzmann brain. But that is nonsensical to me, and there’s a much better formulation of the idea that can be made with a few simple amendments.

The premise is the same: I think you just quantum tunnel into the next closest orthogonal universe parallel to the current timeline when you die, and then resume your consciousness in that other universe about a picosecond after the moment you died in this one as if nothing happened. But then an important distinction is introduced: orthogonality, in terms of the spatial proximity of POSSIBLE universes on a branching probability tree conceived as a higher-dimensional structure enfolded in the fifth dimension, from which ‘time’ emerges as a lower 4-th dimensional projection. You just keep branching through universes in the manner described until you get to the furthest possible parallel universe in which you’re still alive, die in that one, and then tunnel all the way back down into the first universe you gained consciousness in, and then re-live your whole branching timeline over and over again from the moment of birth to death throughout the eternities, forever.

In other words, the parallel universe you punch through in order to sustain consciousness has to still be physically possible, and being a 10,000 year old conscious mummy is not possible, so it is simply not part of the branching structure of possible realities you’re moving through. (Similarly, I do not believe that consciousness is a purely computationally reducible phenomenon, so I do not believe Boltzmann brains are possible.) If I get hit by a car walking the street, I would quantum tunnel into the closest parallel branching universe in which I’m still alive and conscious, which would be perhaps the universe where I looked both ways before crossing, it wouldn’t be the universe in which nanomachines were invented by that point and I had been injected with them and made invulnerable to physical damage. That universe, on the branching tree of possible universes, would be extremely far away, so I wouldn’t manage to punch through into that reality until I had traversed perhaps 600 trillion years worth of parallel timelines, if nanomachines are physically possible to create in the first place. But let’s say nanomachines are not created for 1,000 years from now: there’s no way to extend my lifespan by 1,000 years to reach that parallel timeline, which means that no matter how many times I traverse the branching tree, I simply cannot get there. In this case, that reality is not part of my branching tree of possible realities. If they’re created 40 years from now, there are ways I could get there by going through parallel universes, so with enough traversals of my timeline/s, I could and thus do eventually get there, and once immortalized by nanomachines, my branching tree will be extended exponentially, not just in terms of my linear stream of consciousness, my perceived longevity, but extended in all lower dimensions, up to the 4th. So my branching-tree grows in all directions, not just in length, so as to include a bunch of new possibilities (orthogonal timelines) I’d otherwise not have access to.

You quantum tunnel through universes in this way until you reach the furthest POSSIBLE universe in which you’re still alive, and then tunnel back to the start of the branching tree after you die in that one, proceeding to relive the whole branching structure forever. People who live in the era where a technology like nanomachines exist, or who can physically survive from now until they are invented, will have much wider branching trees than someone born outside the horizon of that possibility.

There is only one problem with the question surviveanility, if the description above can be verified.

That is , such continua can not be verified inductively, life after life, since simply put, the resultant patterns of brain waves will no longer be identifiable as ‘you’.

Can you get past this problem , ?

Perhaps by confirming Ecce Homo’s subscription to the great cyclicality of becoming exactly as i was a very very long cycle of reoccurance ago.

Understanding the effects of the ‘Great Arcana’ and it’s significant redemptive effect of the original sacraficial illiteral nominalism.

This is the first thing I’ve heard you say that is true.

Thanks , and the only true aspect of what is said by ‘me’ and I really din’t know in what sense me is me, otherwise I would refer me as ‘meno’ ; and insisting on the a-priori source of most of what I come to know.

Was the tertiary-capitalism analysis not true? Cuz like I said, I gotta say I didn’t get any convincing coutner-arguments. What about the last thing I posted before this, on “conscious love”, where I was talking about a point of agreement between the Freudian, Lacanian, and Jungian perspectives. Psh. If I didn’t think something was true, I wouldn’t say it, and I’ve said a lot on this forum.

As to the question about “you”. You said: “the resultant patterns of brain waves will no longer be identifiable as ‘you’.”

My answer is that when you quantum tunnel into a parallel reality, what is happening is- you haven’t actually “moved” anywhere. You haven’t ceased to exist in one reality and teleported to another. That parallel reality you jumped to is just an exact replica of whatever brain state was going on the moment you died in the old reality. There is literally no differentiation between one electron and another in physics, for example. They are perfectly identical, such that there’s basically just one electron occupying every point in space that an electron is or has ever been. That is what the electromagnetic field is. That is why there is an electron “field”: in effect, all subatomic particles of the same type are a “single particle”. There is really only ONE electron, and the quantum field describing the interactions of all electrons is just a mathematical expression of their uniformity, of them all being identical. Similarly, there is really only one “you”, but occupying multiple points in spacetime simultaneously. You experience your parallel lives in what seems like successive order, but that is a limitation of your consciousness.

Meno, I was talking about what parodites wrote.

He’s correct.

When we die in one multi verse, we go to the closest one and keep living. He’s actually speaking the truth here.

Meno, you have a continuity of consciousness…

You remember yourself as a 2 year old to this day.

That will never die.

Parodites,

You’re not telling me anything I don’t already know.

I have a job to do. Make existence perfect.

That job entails that everyone gets their desires fulfilled at nobodies expense.

That’s real work. The other kind of work is not real work, but it is supportive work to help us get there.

Evmamdu said:

"quote=“Meno_”]

[/quote]

Yes, that may be true but the continuity per memory is not logically linked through inter generational associations. The closest approach to certainty is through dreams, parapsych. and ideas suspect by ‘real science’ toward it.

But I agree with Parodites on that level.

Meno, at a minimum, someone is always with you in spirit, and… you channel that spirit while also being you.

In this way, the generations carry on in a living way

It’s like the Olympics… they start the games with a single torch that lights all the others.

Hey fuckface, you said this is the first thing I’ve said that’s true. No, this is the first thing I’ve said that you agree with.

The last two things I wrote on this forum were my post on tertiary-capitalism and a detailed explication of the causes and effects of the two world wars, and then a post on the psychological integration of the anima and how hypergamy is not ‘the woman problem’. Those two posts are true, as far as I can see, and nobody has ever convinced me otherwise. Can you? Go ahead, let’s hear it. Fucking convince me.

Otherwise amend your statement. No, it’s not the first thing I said that was true: it’s the first thing I said that you agree with. And that is a reason for me to re-evaluate and try to think myself out of it because maybe’s it’s wrong. I mean, you agreed… so I am probably wrong somehow.

The fact that you agree with me on something is a reason for me to doubt that something.

I’m 17 shots of Jack Daniels in right now btw so tread carefully ya fuck.

19 shots. With all the pharms on top of thatt, you’d probably be dead by now. So how much can you know? I('ve seen the abyss man, it said to go fuck yourself.

I am able to type dangerrously well after a whole bottle of whiskey and a mouthful of vodka dudee. Whaas the fuck. c.

Parodites… this is the best 11 minutes in existence.

Watch this to not spread fake news.

youtu.be/_cnMZctPj1U

And by the way…

Nobody is a bad ass, so stop pretending that you are.

2777 ’

twnnnty secen shootos’’

hold on

t–we–nt-y s-ev-een