Vegetarianism arguments

Nobody likes rejection. That’s the only thing you have left… not logic. Go for it. But, know this, this is a promise you can’t keep.

Well anyways…

Another person who doesn’t know that you can’t ignore anyone forever, so you might as well engage to the best of your ability at the time.

Take it from here dan

So that the could evolve into Man, but if they could predict that, they would switch to hunting monkeys instead of wildebeest and other delictibles, so down the line they would end up on tomorrow’s menu.

ecmandu thinks that logic answers moral questions lol

Oh. You wanna go there? We live in a plan where it’s impossible to be perfectly moral. Iambiguous calls them conflicting goods. Actually, the problem is much deeper than that.

I’ll tell you a fact about our current reality. How it’s constructed.

It’s a shitshow.

To be a hero, you have to violate as little consent as possible.

That sounds counter-intuitive since reality is a shitshow. But that’s how we made it.

im perfectly moral. you just dont understand morality.

Explain it to him?

you think that’s even possible?

Um.

Okay. No.

Mr reasonable,

I’m going to combine multiple threads here that you’ve responded to me in.

You can assert that logic doesn’t explain morality.

That’s intellectual laziness.

Just like there are outstanding math problems, there are outstanding moral problems.

This does not mean that all math solutions are incorrect just because you can’t understand one.

Also, you exist. If you “refute” a proof it doesn’t just suddenly mean you are correct.

Everyone in existence can utter the words “existence doesn’t exist”…

That doesn’t make them correct.

Apparently you think it does.

you drunk right now? you arent making any sense.

Are you insane? You’re not the only person on these boards. Your “contrarianism” just makes you look like an ass - not a funny person.

will take this as a yes

Mr R.

You really want to go there?

If I’m stumbling drunk, I’m still a million times smarter than you.

you are nothing but a big writhing ego that runs off into fantasy when confronted with reality.

You are someone who can’t handle that the spirit world hasn’t knocked on your door yet.

Stop projecting on me man.

bro i am surrounded by spirits all the time i knew about them before you did

No, you cannot minimise death in any sense.
The only way you can limit death is by limiting life, because death is the enevitable end of life and there is no life without death.
Why do you want to limit death?
Surely limiting suffering is more important?
I am here to tell you that because of the existence of the meat industry animal suffering is less. Nature only offers unpleasant injury, disease or predation. Most animals in the wild die of being torn apart limb from limb by other animals; others sucumb to the slow tortue of disease leading to death, some die from lack of food, which is a very painful death, and others die from inuries which make it impossible for them to forage.
Animals kept by farmers get health care, shelter, protection from predation and a continual supply of food. When they die they are killed instantly and painlesslessly.

Animals also provide great benefits to the ecosystem. Animals have always been a part of nature, and they process vegetable matter into meat and manure which fertilises the soil. Pastures are the home to a great diversity of plant species and that provide many other wild animals with food from birds to insects, including BEES. Remiving animals from that system to replace them with food crops usually means deep ploughing, monoculture and lose of species diversity, and soil erosion leading to a dependancy on chemical fertiliser, persticides and herbicides.

Meat provides 100% of the nutrients required by humans to live, lacking only in vitamin C which can be easily got from leavy vegetables, fruits or even milk. It is in the most easily available form to digest.

Thank you.
I will consider your words.

From the recently leaked IPCC report on climate change:

If you need a better reason to quit eating meat than that, I can’t imagine what it could be.