easy ideas, hard ideas

I had to bring this…

…from Know Thyself to here.

Why? Because Satyr now has the Know Thyself forum set up such that he and others can say what they will about me there. And, then, after reading their points, accusations, attacks, I am confronted with this:

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Okay, Dan, here then, given a particular context pertaining to moral and political value judgments, in which there are conflicting assessments of what constitutes “the truth”, let’s explore this more substantively in regard to how moral nihilism reflects the “easy, useless” idea. How it is indicative of the “weak mind”, the “flabby and shortsighted” mind.

Let’s examine this through a discussion that revolves around a set of circumstances pertaining to nihilism and the truth. You can provide us with examples of how you are able make these distinctions more substantial.

You chose the conflicting good. You choose the context.

[b]Note to Satyr, Impulso Oscuro, Æon, Kvasir, WendyDarling:

You’ve got things set up over there at KT so that you can comment on Dan’s points about me, nihilism and “the truth”, knowing full well that even though I am listed as a “user” at KT I am blocked from defending myself there.

So, I invite you to come here where I can defend myself.[/b]

What dungeon? That forum, along with all of my 1,047 posts, simply “disappeared” from KT. Unless it still exists in some “hidden” corner of Satyr’s “one of us” clique/claque there. Link me to it.

And even in the Politeia forum where the dungeon once existed, I’m met with this:

Permissions in this forum:

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Even though just above this it notes:

Users browsing this forum: camus666

My handle there.

Can you believe this bullshit?! His master Satyr rigs the game there so that those like him can assert whatever they wish about me while resting assured that I am unable to respond to any of it in either the agora or the politeia!!

Note to Æon:

Come here then. After all, you’re not just another KT chickenshit are you? Cuddling up with Satyr to keep me out of the discussions there?

And, yeah, I’m partial to philosophy. But I thrive as a polemicist as well. So, I’ll be more than happy to thump you around in the Rant House if you prefer. Or, sure, you’ll be thumping me around. If nothing else, I love a challenge.

Did you message Satyr to get clarification about your posting rights and/or to get reinstated?

If you can’t message him, then ask Dan to message him for you.

I noted that a number of times with him when I was able to post in the dungeon. About posting in the agora. To no avail. But now both the dungeon and I have been “disappeared” from KT. At least to the best of my knowledge.

As for Dan, when he comes on board this thread, I’ll bring it up with him.

Or are you of the opinion that he is actually not aware of the points that I have raised here?

But, sure, why not:

Satyr,

Over at ILP, Phyllo suggested that I “message” you about the fact that, while I am listed as a “user” here at KT, I am not permitted to either create threads/posts here or to respond to them. A clarification please.

camus666

Yo, Phyllo!

Here is the reply I just received from Satyr:

[b]"You are exactly where you belong and where you ought to stay…among your own.

It has been determined, after all.
I have no choice in the matter."[/b]

And, again, I would never argue that it has been determined, only that, given the manner in which I understand determinism “here and now”, this seems the most reasonable conclusion to make. That I may well be wrong. Especially given “the gap”.

Now, are you yourself willing to admit that Satyr is, in fact, a flagrant offender in sustaining a situation in which he and others are permitted to say what they will about me there, while refusing me the opportunity to rebut their attacks and defend myself?

Also, that it is not unreasonable to describe him as a chickenshit in that I have invited him here countless times to discuss and debate his “intellectual contraptions” in regard to conflicting goods and moral nihilism?

Okay. You can read but you can’t post. So you are basically banned from KTS.

Somebody ought to inform Aeon so that he doesn’t put his foot in his mouth again.

Also, in my view, Impulso Oscuro, Kvasir and WendyDarling. They have also posted on Dan’s thread.

iambig the extent to which you are big mad about them over there i swear to god actually makes me laugh out loud. almost nothing makes me laugh in real life. but watching your butthurtedness does it. i dont know why.

You have absolutely no idea what really motivates me here. On the other hand, I have a pretty good idea of what what motivates you to respond as you do here.

The thumping I’ve given you over the years here makes the thumping that Satyr gave you over there appear trivial by comparison.

For example:

Note to godot:

Did I say that right? :sunglasses:

a thumping?

To be fair, the KTS girls seem to be obsessed with him.

I wouldn’t call it obsessed… more like dissecting a frog in a lab… not that I’m calling Iam a frog or anything.

ILP… blowing things up out of proportion, as per… that’s why this place annoys me sometimes, you lay down a good sound logical argument and all you get back are presumptions of obsession and insanity. Wishful thinking on their part, but it doesn’t make any presumptions so.

They keep dissecting the same frog, over and over.

I wonder why. :icon-rolleyes:

Yeah, if I do say so myself.

But, in not being an objectivist on the matter myself, I certainly won’t argue that how I understand the word here [given our exchanges over the years] is how others are obligated to construe it.

I’m perfectly willing to allow them to decide for themselves if “thumping” is the right word. Though I suspect that “politics” will inevitably come into play here. In other words, those who generally detest me here – a lot, right? – will see the thumping coming from you instead.

Not much I can do about that, right?

So, sure, by all means, take advantage of it.

From my frame of mind, however, anytime you give me yet another opportunity to note this…

…here, is a satisfying experience.

Though no less rooted subjunctively in dasein of course.

Yo, Dan!

You’re up!!

Define “him” please. :sunglasses:

We’ll need a context, of course.

Preferably one that revolves around the points that Dan raised about me, nihilism, the truth and easy ideas, hard ideas above. You know, until he comes on board here himself.

On the other hand, going back to the pre-Socratics in the West, and their equivalent in the East, the same frogs have been dissected now for millennia. Over and over and over and over and over again: all the Big Questions and ethics and politics and human psychology and anthropology and the human condition and, well, no need to list them all individually, right?

It’s just that some insist on claiming the very patent itself on dissecting. Objectively as it were.

Again, Mr. Chickenshit can luxuriate in the “set up” he has there. Insist that only in thinking as “stringently” as he does about everything under the sun is one not spouting inanities and word games like me.

Comfortably knowing that with the “set up” he is safe there from me.

And though, sure, while this is all mostly just entertainment for me now, it is still no less important for me to note how dangerous minds like his can be. Once they gain power in a venue not as infinitesimally insignificant as KT, they can easily destroy the lives of those who dare to challenge them. Think Hitler of course. Or Stalin. Or mini me Trump. But it can be anyone able to enforce their own dogmas in any human community. Online or off.

Let’s see how our own beloved WendyDarling fares there in being “tolerated” by him and his clique/claque.

On the other hand, admittedly, I’m not much following her own reaction to Satyr above:

Wendy: “Is a pregnant mother a multiplicity? I can see her as a singularity housing a multiplicity.”

Then after Satyr’s usual intellectual gibberish…

Wendy: “So the cohesion of multiplicity is not the singularity, existence?”

Of course Wendy is a firm believer in the Soul. So it may all be well over my head. :sunglasses: