The Changing of the Seasons

Up until a couple days ago it was scorching hot here in NC for about 3 weeks, and has been hot since spring. It kind of forces you to stay inside in the air conditioning due to the extreme heat and humidity.

It’s now September and a couple days ago it turned cool overnight and the humidity dropped substantially. I suddenly had a feeling of fall being just around the corner. It does something to me when I get that feeling.
I start to feel different, almost like an instinct an animal would have to start gathering nuts and feeding heavily because they know winter is coming. I have all kinds of feelings of joy, and sadness, and thoughts of when I was young playing outside, and the leaves falling.

It starts getting dark earlier, and the sun is at a different angle. The clouds move across the sky and block the sun momentarily, the shadow moves across the ground, and then the light returns. I remember having a feeling of winter coming back then, and I still have it today, 57 years later. I’ve been around the block a few times, and around the sun 57 times, so I’ve experienced these feelings for a while. There’s just something about the fall coming that makes me feel like I have an instinct to do something because winter is on the way. It’s hard to describe the feeling, but it’s here once again.

What do the changing of the seasons do to you? Do you get a feeling of joy when the first warm day after winter arrives? Do you get a strange feeling when fall starts to arrive? Let’s hear it!

I like the cold best.

Even if I start shivering I feel blissed out.

I Always tell people, “I won’t complain about your season if you don’t complain about mine”

My favourite season is definitely winter, as I really don’t like the heat very much.

youtu.be/NNBoblTvC4k

As summer turns into fall, it is always bittersweet. My summers of ago were more treasured than any time following, so summer is my second favorite season to go and do, explore, and build.

Autumn by its smells alone is my most cherished season. There is a bewitching done to all by Fall’s intrepid steps towards the dead of winter. I, however, am elated when a subtle chill is felt even though the sun warms your back with its face.

I used to love the winter until my accumulated age made it seem too harsh to endure for the length of time needed to breathe in its cleanliness, to invest in its weighty stillness.

Spring, there I look forward to lilacs and tulips, but Spring is ‘eh’ in my book.

Give me summer with an ocean view then fall with a forested backyard then summer followed by another fall with a winter mountain top a short drive away and voila, perfection.

I don’t literally ask for much, I just expect a lot. :smiley:

I dislike the height of Summer… far too hot, and the depths of Winter… bloody freezing.

I’m happiest in Autumn, as I find the other Seasons draining.

Those longest days at the height of Summer are dire, and those longest nights in the depths of Winter are dull… for it takes far too long to await to see the sun set during the former, and to arise during the latter… for there’s only so much daylight I can tolerate, and darkness I can bear. I don’t mind the inbetween moments, of the rest of the year.