Philosophy ILP style

Are you taking the piss?

Nope… en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sculptor_Dwarf_Galaxy

I had wondered if you might spot the, er… coincidence, as I wasn’t going to point it out… well spotted dear. ; )

I guess that’s not why you chose the name Sculptor, but you could always say it is… :slight_smile: are you a sculptor, of what?

_

• A creator God created the universe… but does one exist?
  • The universe created itself… from what, how, and why?
  • The natural laws created the universe… did they not come into being after the fact?
  • Maths created the universe… did it use a calculator or abacus?
  • Science created the universe… does the scientific method know about this?

Apart from all that ^^^ what would be the reason for a universe to pre-determinately create itself, or to have always been? so no cause, all effect… all 0s and 1s. Is the universe very Basic Maths, churning out code to create itself, one atom at a time… randomness, becoming formulaic over time, creating a consistency of the production of astral bodies as we know them.

You didn’t read James’ thesis on why the universe exists (very maths oriented) - The Absolute Impossibility of Nothingness - Ever.

I was joking

Sculptor said: I was joking

Oh… hahaha!? :confused:

My question still stands… why Sculptor?

ILP behind-the-screen look (I would be the teacher in this example):

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPr8nComZVg[/youtube]

Well I gotta agree that this forum is a joke and has been for over a decade. The only member here to put anything really substantial down in terms of ‘philosophy’, is Biggs. Though this might be something only he and i understand as nihilists.

And I don’t mean this as an insult really. If the world is a joke, philosophy about it should reflect that fact, and does, in most member’s posts here.

So, why am I still here plugging away at this joke forum, you might ask?

But I repeat myself:

“So, why am I still here plugging away at this joke forum, you might ask?”

Because you’re home bound and u need a hobby to occupy ur time with. Also, you feel a touch of contempt and disgust for the others around here, and you enjoy confounding them. I too share this cruel streak but as of recently it’s not as fun as it used to be.

Sure. But why belabor the obvious.

Because u secretly enjoy socializing with those u beat up. I mean this is all the human interaction u got, right? Hey u take whatever u can get.

Come on, I don’t completely rule out the possibility of being beaten up myself.

Of coming up out of this hole, rescued…even saved.

Then, to paraphrase Mick, “Yeah, straight to Heaven for iambiguous. Me and God, we’d be mates.”

Or, if it’s Maia, me and the Goddess.

“Of coming up out of this hole, rescued…even saved.”

No man there’s no way out. The very nature of ur radical skepticism toward any meaningful certainty - regarding ethical and moral values, not mathematical/physical facts… ‘scientific facts’, etc. - prevents any possible, honest resolution before the Other. The position demands complete withdrawal from the social sphere so to prevent inevitable conflicting goods. Yood be like an epicurean sorta, who tries to limit the range of moral and ethical problem-making by simplifying the complexity of human interaction so that we can’t disagree on much.

Ur a sage dude… like an existential bodisatva.

Unless of course we’re in the Matrix.

Mick Dundee, meet the Oracle: screenrant.com/matrix-oracle-be … es-ranked/

Anyway, here’s the thing. And for all of us. In a world asshole deep in contingency, chance and change, no matter what we think, feel, say and do today, we can never be certain that, given new experiences, new relationships and access to new information and knowledge, we won’t scoff at what fell for on threads like this.

And, if there is a God, there are always miracles.

I kinda disagree with that. What I would need to happen in order for me to experience a substantial change in my ‘world view’, would be something inexplicable, physically, an event, paranormal of whatever, etc.

But insofar as philosophical theory is concerned, I’ve reached an apex and no amount of argument can change that. I’ve heard and done them all, and have reached my position after very careful examination.

On the other hand, given new experiences, relationships and access to information and knowledge, you might come to disagree with that instead.

Okay, let’s call this “the future”.

I’ve reached lots of apexes myself. Theoretical and otherwise. Though who is to really say if my examination was as careful as yours. Not even you can be absolutely certain about that.

You know, given “the gap” and “Rummy’s Rule”.

It’s not a particular argument, but all the arguments… does that narrow things down for you a little? :smiley:

You’ve been doing it a lot less these days, so no need to continue pursue that line of enquiry… for either of us, but I guess you prefer your argument laid out more formally… pity Carleas abandoned the Debate Forum, huh.

Only when the same false unfounded argument is repeated.
That is the ILP style.
No one reads the other’s posts and just keeps banging on regardless.