Philosophy ILP style

Because u secretly enjoy socializing with those u beat up. I mean this is all the human interaction u got, right? Hey u take whatever u can get.

Come on, I don’t completely rule out the possibility of being beaten up myself.

Of coming up out of this hole, rescued…even saved.

Then, to paraphrase Mick, “Yeah, straight to Heaven for iambiguous. Me and God, we’d be mates.”

Or, if it’s Maia, me and the Goddess.

“Of coming up out of this hole, rescued…even saved.”

No man there’s no way out. The very nature of ur radical skepticism toward any meaningful certainty - regarding ethical and moral values, not mathematical/physical facts… ‘scientific facts’, etc. - prevents any possible, honest resolution before the Other. The position demands complete withdrawal from the social sphere so to prevent inevitable conflicting goods. Yood be like an epicurean sorta, who tries to limit the range of moral and ethical problem-making by simplifying the complexity of human interaction so that we can’t disagree on much.

Ur a sage dude… like an existential bodisatva.

Unless of course we’re in the Matrix.

Mick Dundee, meet the Oracle: screenrant.com/matrix-oracle-be … es-ranked/

Anyway, here’s the thing. And for all of us. In a world asshole deep in contingency, chance and change, no matter what we think, feel, say and do today, we can never be certain that, given new experiences, new relationships and access to new information and knowledge, we won’t scoff at what fell for on threads like this.

And, if there is a God, there are always miracles.

I kinda disagree with that. What I would need to happen in order for me to experience a substantial change in my ‘world view’, would be something inexplicable, physically, an event, paranormal of whatever, etc.

But insofar as philosophical theory is concerned, I’ve reached an apex and no amount of argument can change that. I’ve heard and done them all, and have reached my position after very careful examination.

On the other hand, given new experiences, relationships and access to information and knowledge, you might come to disagree with that instead.

Okay, let’s call this “the future”.

I’ve reached lots of apexes myself. Theoretical and otherwise. Though who is to really say if my examination was as careful as yours. Not even you can be absolutely certain about that.

You know, given “the gap” and “Rummy’s Rule”.

It’s not a particular argument, but all the arguments… does that narrow things down for you a little? :smiley:

You’ve been doing it a lot less these days, so no need to continue pursue that line of enquiry… for either of us, but I guess you prefer your argument laid out more formally… pity Carleas abandoned the Debate Forum, huh.

Only when the same false unfounded argument is repeated.
That is the ILP style.
No one reads the other’s posts and just keeps banging on regardless.

Your post is also a drive-by :-"

I am a sculptor sculptor.
I work in clay and make moulds.

Your questions assume a creator.

You are covered in virutal cuts & bruises, your legs are broken and you are on a virtual guerney, but you never read other people’s posts, and so you do not know you are a dead man.
Such is the ILP way, and as one of the longerst reigning posters, your dubious method has infected the whole Forum like a virus.

…but will divulge no further?

Moulded body parts, or arts & crafts? :-s

My enquiry assumes nothing, but asks much… from the thoughts that were whirling around my mind on the matter, of the beginnings of the Universe.

Your inquiry assumes the universe hasn’t always existed. :smiley:

Lol

I do err on that side of the argument, but constantly revisit the matter to continue pondering upon it further and more, as it is a veritable conundrum that seems impossible to solve… and so the thinking goes on and continues.

Rational people don’t have that problem - ever consider converting? :-k
:-"

What you mean to ask “moulded body parts”??
I do some figurative sculpture and some abstract. For example I am currently working on a garden robot whose eyes will light up at night. The sculpture will be designed as a rust coloured decaying broken robot with a little life left given from a small solar panel. I am also working on an 8in rough form of a boy to represent my recently deceased brother. When I cast him in resin I shall include some of his ashes into the form.
My last commission was for a large copy of “The Object” which appeared on Led Zepellin’s Presence, except that this version insread of being 6inches high was made to 1 metre in height.

If you care to examine your post you should be able to see your false assumption of “creation”, in eacn and every question.

Is that what rationality is… not thinking, but believing… in one option out of many? and converting to what, exactly… to another’s beliefs on such matters, over One’s own?

A good question here is… what is obsrvr currently up to… :-k

What rationality IS - is clearly seeing when there is only one option left after careful scrutiny - then accepting the only possibility left. Endlessly wondering and worrying and scratching the wound - that is what rationality is NOT. :wink:

“Up to”? :-k

Thank you for the insight and clarity, on what equates as rationality… I shall bear this in mind, when faced with future decisions that need to be made.

Yes… :-k

Lol