Why nobody can understand Nietzsche

It’s a sure sign of inadequacy to grasp to Nietzsche.
What historyboy actually looks like, and what he thinks he looks like
image_2021-09-13_211826.png

I don’t think I understand him either, but feel that I am always near to. As a matter of fact, most deliberately misunderstand him for fear of the irrational.

Dan~

Shivers. Ah, such profound wise words, Dan.

Sapere Aude!

On the other hand, if you do without some things only because you want them and others prevent you from having them, how free is that? How free were the Jews in Nazi Germany? How free are many women now in Afghanistan?

It’s like everything else: we need a context.

And, given any number of contexts, general description intellectual contraptions like that can lose their punch.

Iambiguous,

This is true unless you manage to let go/to detach from those things after coming to realize that they are things which are not important to your happiness. That also can at that point give you a strong sense of freedom.

The Jews were not free in Nazi Germany, neither are many women, men and children in Afghanistan, but at the same time, does “real” freedom, inner freedom, depend on where we are and the kind of a life which we are living. I suppose though that it depends on the kind of individual that someone is.

Think about those words. How often do we actually deprive ourselves of real freedom, holding onto things which do nothing but soothe our egos (when there is really no soothing there) whether it be material things or things which we believe make us more intelligent, profound, awesome, in the eyes of others - all of those things which only feed the false ego, and in the long run make us feel more imprisoned within our selves, because we are so desperate to prove to others just who we are. So we go on grasping and grasping and grasping and feed the lion instead of the more intelligent lamb. lol

So, freedom really can come from learning how much we can live without and dumping it. We need to learn to be the right kind of nihilists and stoics to.

Here, of course, you would have to take each particular thing past Jews and women who are being persecuted. Each, as individuals, is going to be dealing with their own special set of circumstances. Some will find it easier to detach or let go of them than others. And they might let go because there really isn’t any other option or [perhaps] the option exist to organize politically with those like themselves and fight back against those who take the things away.

Again, for me, frames of mind like this are rooted subjectively/subjunctively in dasein. I don’t think in terms of how reasonable people ought to react to circumstances such as this, but in how each of us comes to react existentially given all that predisposed us in our own unique lives to think and feel one way rather than another.

Then the part where freedom itself gets all tangled up in things like religion and ideology. How, for example, many Palestinians think of those who rule Isreal as no less tyrants and oppressors than Jews thought of the Nazis who ran Germany. Or how many in the Taliban in Afghanistan genuinely believe that it is Western values in regard to women that are truly immoral.

That part where I am considerably more “fractured and fragmented” than the objectivists among us.

Here of course we will need actual contexts in which each of us as individuals can speak of those freedoms which are most important to us. And, to the extent that we can do without the things that do not reflect “real freedom”, all the better for us.

But what “for all practical purposes” does that mean for each of us? And what happens when in pursuit of those things that we construe to be embedded in “real freedoms” we come upon those who either object to your own value judgments here…or even attempt to prevent us from pursuing them?

Do you mean truth is not where the Trumpers eat?

False.
Neitzche wrote to all capable of reading and understanding.
Germany was and still is at the forefront of Classical Philology and Classical studies.

That is bullshit too.
He had a lot to critique, aristocracy included.

Usual bullshit ploy of all conspiracy nuts - the claim that details of your fantasy are all concealed, and known only to a precious few - you included.

Non sequitur.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
youtube.com/watch?v=SRvCvsRp5ho
Are you a “cowboy”??? :laughing: :laughing:
Here’s some of your friends
youtube.com/watch?v=ESPSccfmJXQ

In democracy every aristocrat feels like a pig in Teharan.
[/quote]
In Teherarararan?

marxists.org/archive/trotsk … tzsche.htm

“Nietzsche became the ideologue of a group living like a bird of prey at the expense of society, but under conditions more fortunate than those of the miserable lumpenproletariat: they are a parasitenproletariat of a higher caliber.”

The tragedy of all this is that N was a commentator and polemicist upon the gross hypocrisy of society.
He never had a manifesto.
That is, not until his sister, after his death changed his message into a Nationalsist antisemitic manifesto, neither of which ideaologies appealed to Nietzsche.

But generations of crazies from Nazis to Randroids have his image as a wank fantasy. and just don’t get it; cite the idiotic OP of this very thread.

Neech was my first love and I’ll never abandon him. What I do is put his ideas into revolutionary service, as a kind of catalyst for empowering the working class. In fact, anarchists of all colors did the same throughout history. Renzo Novatore as my favorite.

Course if neech knew I was doing this, he’d want to beat me to death with his moustache. But like trotsky I understand him and how his philosophy developed, so I’d not blame him.

Neech gave us Critical Theory and inspired a century of Post Modern thinking.
But some of those that worship at his feet are clueless.

I wouldn’t go that far as to declare that there have never been hard women. How about the Amazon women, how about Brunhilda?

I wouldn’t go that far as to declare that there have never been hard women. How about Your Mum?

Right now a suspicious history boy is looking over renzo novatore. He likes what he sees so far and even utters something like ‘how splendid is this predecessor!’ Then he sees renzo say ‘communalize material wealth’ and he drops the book to the sound of a needle sliding across a record.

I think as soon as he gets to the Wiki entry that says antifascist, History Boy will have a little fit and question his own previously undying support for his Precious nietzsche. He will have to fall back on his sloppy second Rand.

Nah. HB is a by-the-book nietzschean, so he has to hate fascism just like fritz did.

:laughing:
Yeah HB is also famous for crying over dead horses and going insane from syphillis, and having sexual relations with his sister.

"I am a railing alongside the torrent; whoever is able to grasp me may grasp me! Your crutch, however, I am not.— "

*mic drop

dup