Perfection

Perfection is the condition, state, or quality of being free or as free as possible from all flaws or defects.

Has that definition been changed to include, “as free as possible?” I don’t remember perfection ever including any flaws.

Does perfection have limits?

If so, what are the limits placed on perfection.

everything has some limits. perfect for what?

All you have to do to be perfect is to define everything you have as perfect and deny that any thing you have is flawed or defective.
It does not really amount to much.
What is a defect or a flaw is a matter of opinion.

Magnus Anderson wrote

Perceived beauty may lead one to reconsider Plato, his Theory of Forms/Ideas, wherein the perfect form exists in its essence “elsewhere.”

The knowledge of perfection is ingrained into our psyche somehow, but what makes the easiest sense is that we, all humans, have already been exposed to all perfection “elsewhere” even before we were born, so our knowledge of beauty, perfection, is first hand, tastes aside.

Or sure, science says symmetry, proportion, without flaws, but that still doesn’t answer why we recognize the value in beauty in and of itself.

Is beauty familiar?

Are we inherently accustomed to beauty, which also speaks to perfection, as if we are innately familiar with the qualities of the perfection found in beauty.

What is your first reaction when you see something most would deem ugly? Ex. The Elephant Man

Is ugliness not familiar, and that is why it impacts us so, we can’t help but stare in dismay?

This ability to judge approximately alike(personal tastes aside as far as preferences)may speak to a familiarity regarding our accumulated perceptions discerning much of the material world.

We already understand perfection. Most chase it. However they can.

I’ve considered beauty and perfection before.

Beauty is a bunch of things at once.
Association.
Instinct.
Culture.
Personal preference.

One definition of perfection is sufficiency.
Eating the perfect amount of food excludes over-eating.
Likewise, perfect things exist at best when there is not too much and not too little.

Above, I copied the internet’s definition of perfection, sufficiency wasn’t included. Using perfect as an adjective to describe quantity I understand, but I believe that perfection actually applies to quality rather than quantity.

Mind explaining your list of things regarding beauty?