Four more Moral Principles

…Came upon some more Moral Principles. Here they are:

There is always a fitting choice.

Do things in the right order!

Do things in an efficient manner!

Search for the very-next step that could result in reaching your ethical goal or fulfilling your moral purpose!
[size=50][This, of course, assumes your goals are ethical.
Is that too presumptuous in your particular case??][/size]

Personally, I have a short-term goal and a long-term goal. My immediate goal is to make people smile.

My long-range goal is to get people to be aware that we are all brothers and sisters in our one human family, and to love one another.

…Now you know where I’m coming from :exclamation:

Furthermore, I learned that Anger results from Fear. It is true that Love drives out Fear. To avoid living in a state of anger, one is to make an effort to express love, to be loving.

Your views on any of the points mentioned above?

Here is another vital Moral Principle:

Love and respect GOODNESS :exclamation: :exclamation:

This means: Give your emphasis and attention to
what is positive;
harmonious;
fitting;
orderly;
constructive;
ethical;
is that makes for progress;
and …even is ehphonic.

Focus on the above, instead of giving your time and attention to negativity, or what is violent, disharmonious, chaotic, unethical, corrupting, bickering, vicious, bitterly-argumentative, and/or in an attacking mode (such as, for example, a name-calling debate between politicians.)

What do you say? Can you re-orient so that you mainly care about Goodness? You would then advocate for it; spread it around; pay it forward!

I’d like to hear your views.

Application of ethics is nearly universal.
It just requires some forethought.
Sound minded individuals usually understand me exactly.
And if i have deduced a moral principle,
they will also understand it quite quickly.

Greetings, Dan:

Thanks for responding to the request for more perspectives. I agree with what you found to be the case.

How do the rest of you Readers feel about the five Moral Principles? I plan to live by them, to apply them in my life. Could you?

And recall the distinction between Efficiency and Effectiveness which I explained in an earlier post in a previous thread. It has relevance here also.
Effectiveness --Intrinsically-valuing other individuals – is far, far more valuable than mere Efficiency!!

Comments? Opinions?

I decided on being as moral as possible long ago.
Ethics is a part of me.
It is part of the core of my consciousness now.

Thank you, Dan, for a fine contribution!

Question addressed to all readers, Forum members and participants:

What is the very-best way to get people to the point where they can truly and sincerely say “Ethics and morality are part of the core of my consciousness now”?

It is often said, “People learn ethics at their mother’s knee.” But that is not necessarily the “Ethics” to which the new paradigm for Ethics refers, namely, the Ethics concepts found in THE STRUCTURE OF ETHICS booklet linked to below in the Signature.

:arrow_right: :arrow_right: That modern Ethics indicates that we don’t wage war unless our land has been invaded, and then only to drive the invader out. Otherwise we engage in nonviolent direct-action to make change, and mutual-aid pacts, and “Marshall Plans.” It explains that War is: organized mass-murder done in the name of some noble cause. And it upholds Social Justice and a well-trained community- police force steeped in rehabilitative justice and reconciliation…

Your opinions and ideas? :question: :question:

For me, it came from questioning and peer support.
I asked myself what kind of ideal world would i want to live in.
Then i applied the ideal world to my behavior and values.
The peer support was from other moralists that encouraged me for the most part.
But questioning what would be the best choice, was the basis of my moral growth.

I conclude that you are a very wise man, Dan. There ought to be more people like you. I note that you also are kind to animals. These other animals are said to be less brainy than humans but sometimes I wonder …lots of human beings, at least here in the United States, seem to be quite ignorant about what is in their true self-interest

Thank you, once again, for sharing with us your profound insights, your wisdom.

Does anyone else have a view on these topics, or on the five Morall Principles offered? What are the basic Principles by which you live? Tell us.

Although in this thread five more moral principles were given, it might prove helpful to readers to be reminded that a listing of basic moral principle are given on pages 27-28, within the chapter :“What is Morality?”, of THE STRUCTURE OF ETHICS. A link to it is here:

myqol.com/wadeharvey/PDFs/TH … ETHICS.pdf

So if you want to see that basic listing that may take priority, check out those two pages in that booklet. The first Principle mentioned in that summary has to do with respect.

Check it out. Tell us what you think after perusing that proffered list.
Can you concur with those principles?