The Harmonic Triads

Something I’m playing with to organize some dialectics that make three-part syntheses.

The attached Venn diagram is just a sample/key to start.

See this Google Sheet for many more triads.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wxtknEW5QLl8etwcmtjFOwUEQNbqGwsKpNeaQmPiY3M/edit?fbclid=IwAR3v5nqXBU4fabaJ4h_GvNpnyI0RcqExhSObc-DIoUlOCWhMIg9ezBMnTmA#gid=0

Interesting

ikr

self = other

As when, for example, Christ said, “but I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you”?

How about a context to bring the Harmonic Triads down to Earth?

Yes - the transcultural Golden Rule or royal law of love (cooperation, correspondence, etc…) found in every major culture in history in various forms.

Note to others:

Well, I had to try, right?

Perhaps Urwrong will bring it all down to Earth.

As for the Golden Rule, believe it or not, there are criticisms of it:

Effectiviology website

So, given particular contexts, let’s explore the Harmonic Triads in regard to this.

That is my goal this semester if everything goes well. I have done work on it previously but thank you for that resource. That’s basically what I wanna do for the rest of my life. But not just theoretically. Both/and. Philosophy and science never should’ve got divorced.

Beauty, Truth, Morality—these are the virtues of the Ancient Greeks, do you have more to say about them?

Did Catholicism/Christianity go beyond them? Did Humanity learn anything since, in the past 2000 years?

Or did they get it right the first time?

Tell me more. Moses said it first, though. Or… whoever he got it from. Prolly has been oral tradition since the get-go. Wouldn’t doubt it. Reminds me - I was listening to this potential eastern philosophy prof that spoke about poking seven holes in a face… it was weird. But I think … it’s this. Or came with it. I dunno.

UPdated, btw:
Meno_ of ILP introduced me to Otto’s Mysterium Tremendum (Kant calls this the sublime, but we’re changing it to tremendum) and Mysterium Fascinans (Kant calls this the beautiful, but we’re going to keep it as fascinans). Keeping the third one as Wonder. Cuz. Sometimes. You just have no clue if you should run or worship :wink: www2.kenyon.edu/Depts/Religion/ … 1/Otto.htm

I shared a special Venn to represent it in the ILP link^

I know I used keeping/changing interchangeably. Oh well teheh.

Hm. Fight. Flight. Worship. I like that. But I’m leaving it out :wink:

Erm. WTF. Ok bye.

maybe the Mysterium triad is better termed a sub triad or some better word than sub? Since it fits in between the spaces of the main triad. But it’s a triad in its own right, as well. Maybe that is a better way to do the phases (I, II, III). trying to think if I can think of a triad that actually has three phases and what the phases actually represent (it’s in the doc) but obviously I have not had coffee.

Somebody answer this question with a triad
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=196959

Sentence structure

Levinas

tektonics.org/jesusclaims/trinitydefense.php

Take your pick.

Are you referring to live (red), move (blue), and be (yellow)?
quora.com/What-Athenian-lit … Acts-17-28

Curious for your source otherwise.

So I just started reviewing Nicomachean Ethics. It’s literally right there in the first line. However if it goes earlier than that I am interested in your source.

law (blue), grace (red), truth (yellow)

gotquestions.org/grace-and-truth.html

My Source, is using complete sentences and paragraphs to express philosophical ideas.

You should try it.

nah

p.s. Wonder, Tremendum, Fascinans, man