A challenge to Æon

Over at KT, Æon, posted this:

[b]Αγοραφοβία – “Fear of Open Places”

Not exactly, this is only the new world, “Americanized” (per)version of the word…

Fear of Philosophy
Fear of open, honest Dialogue
Fear of being Exposed, as the Charlatan, Faker, Snake Oil salesman that you are (Gypsies)
Fear of Intellectualism, Logic, Debate
Fear of Truth[/b]

Gee, he wondered, could that possibly be about me?

Now, since I “cannot reply to topics in this forum” over there, I challenge him or her to come here and discuss these fears.

I ask only that we come to agree on a particular set of circumstances around which some people are afraid, while others actually revel in them. Like, for example, the MAGA candidates winning the elections in America next week and Trump returning to the White House in 2025.

Or a world where all abortions are illegal or a world where abortion on demand prevails.

Of course, I will allow Æon to choose the context.

Finally, that the discussion and debate does not devolve into “huffing and puffing” and personal attacks.

Lol, epic.

If we’re going to have a traitor in the White House anyway then it might as well be someone funny and who isn’t a senile pedo Alzheimer’s patient trying to start World War 3.

Uh, another pinhead?

First, let’s add some context:
knowthyself.forumotion.net/t3024-topic

Latest response from Satyr:

You can consider my response as speaking on behalf of Æon, of course.

Consider your self-centeredness, your selfishness and Ego here, were you not called an Agoraphile for this exact reason?
Aren’t you proving the point of the thread?

Maybe if you fall on your knees before Satyr, groveling and scraping, kissing his boots, that you might get a second chance on KTS?
Is it worth it?
Do you believe I’ve paid a price for insubordination and breaking the rules there?

Exactly, -you- revel in the attention, even if it’s negative, while most shy-away from the spotlight of exposure that Philosophy brings. Obviously those that engage in the Agora, in public Philosophical debate and argument, are a small minority of the participants and audience of Philosophy forums.

Is modern politics conducted in the Agora? No, it is not. It is conducted through Jewish-owned and controlled Mass Media. Jews control and dictate the course of conversation and any limited “debate” in the United States. And what do you really want here? Trump? Abortion? Are these not propagandized talking-points by the State (Trump) or Church (Abortion)?

You are leading the conversation here. That is at your discretion and ability.

This should not be in the Philosophy forum. This is in-fighting and should be in the Rant forum. My personal (right) opinion.

Among my personal Saints is front and center Saint Elizabeth of Hungary, but oddly enough it is most importantly, Saint George, the dragon slayer; all changes booked ahead as China becomes the next empire.

Then it ‘s quite a different game.

Note to others:

I no longer read or respond to the posts of the fulminating fanatic objectivists here. Let alone the pinheads.

Though, sure, your experience with them might be different. So, it’s always possible they will post something that, in your opinion, might be of interest to me.

If so, by all means, please pass it along.

Meanwhile, Æon will either take up my challenge here or he won’t.

He already has. He’s Urwrong.

You see much despite seeing so little.

Philosophy has abandoned this forum though, given Ichthus’ judgment, so best to carry-on at KTS forum.

Work on your spit-shine and shoe polish, Iamb. Maybe Satyr will unlock the door for you?

Nothing?

No responses??

Do users on ILP even log in anymore?? Well, I leave you with this. KTS is around the corner to those interested in Philosophy:

You’re pulling my leg, right? Next you’ll be telling me that fizzarolli is gib!

Though, admittedly, it wouldn’t surprise me if every single one of the “users” over there was, is, and always will be Satyr. Including you and me.

Seriously though, if our sexual predator here is their sexual predator there, then back to this:

including you & me

ahhh the infighting

Remember that one time in your head? Yeah, me neither.

It’s like she is following me around from thread to thread… #-o

You’re in the livingroom, arsehole. You want a private convo, take it to PM. dumps bowl of popcorn on your head Have fun picking the popcorn kernels outta yer asscrack!

Yawn

So this thread is a lie. Satyr lives inside your head.

Call me again, when you have something interesting to say.

Someone invited me to KT forum but it looked boring and full of ads. Couldn’t even find any interesting discussion.

This place might be full of trolls and idiots but at least there is some interesting discussion here.

Can you provide a few threads as examples?

I’m new here but this is the most interesting one I’ve found so far, ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … 7#p2875097

I would like for that discussion to continue to develop.

In terms of the following which I think was supposed to be from the other forum, I didn’t see much here.

Ok there is the observation that transgenderism has an aspect of personal coping with one’s own mental illness, yes that’s certainly true in some cases. But no acknowledging the very different kinds of transgenderism that exist. Or this victim mentality that I equate with radical reduction, an attempt to make a topic or idea or aspect of reality seem simpler than it actually is, in order to relieve oneself of the burden of needing to try and understand it better while also simultaneously making oneself an “expert” on it (because you’ve artificially made the topic so small that now your narrow singularizing take on it can appear to exhaust the entire relevant concept-space). For example trying to boil so many things down to “fear”, as if that’s an explanation in its own right, or trying to explain something like a religious movement in terms of being a mere reaction to a different one, or saying that entire religious movements or entire countries/societies composed of hundreds of millions of people have or produce “no culture”. It’s just false reductions and silly platitudes. I don’t see why people consider that sort of thing to be interesting, I guess it feeds some kind of egoic narcissism or whatever. But it’s definitely not philosophy.

I’ll take a look there.

I consider topics like Human Nature, peoples’ definitions of God(s), the nature of Reality and Existence, history of philosophy and philosophical thinkers, history of ideas, etc. interesting. Philosophy leads to an examination of the most difficult, important, and profound questions of life and existence. Ten years ago I could ask such questions, on this forum, and receive a slew, dozen of answers by next morning, ranging from low to high quality. Nowadays, if I ask such question, I’d be lucky receive a few responses, and none of them interesting or high quality. I believe Western civilization is on the decline, thus a decline in philosophical conversation, thought, introspection, and collective courage to confront profound insights publicly.

I believe the point Satyr made there, was that Transexuality/Transgenderism is yet another method or cope that modern people use to ‘hide’ in public. It is, by definition, an attempt to change gender. And since this cannot be done biologically (genetically), then the transgender fad is based on deception, as appearing to be the opposite gender, when discriminating minds know that no true change has taken place. Thus, these trends, of public/social Deception, are very relevant to the topic (Agoraphobia).

I counter-argue that it must be ‘Philosophical’ because Philosophy itself originates in the Greek, Hellenistic Agora. It was from those places and times, that Greek citizens would argue in public their ideas, letting them debate and play out as superior/inferior, accepted/rejected. The Athenians based their Politics from this method. Even to this day, Western “Democracies” are presumed to center around a Senate, with Senators orating, as an Agora (Senate Chambers). The premise of the thread, then, is -phobia, Fear of such a place, or Fear of what it would mean to expose oneself publicly. This can be transferred directly to Philosophy forums, where, most people (especially the audience that does not participate), keep to themselves their ideas, because they are believed to be weak, in flux, changing, and malleable.

People are attracted to ‘Strong’, ‘Firm’ idea(l)s. Thus, strong-minded thinkers, Free thinkers, are a magnet within the Agora. This is a point sorely missed by ‘Iamb’, who made this thread, because he lacks charisma along with lacking ‘Strong’ ideas to affix an audience. He is not respected. People do not seek him out. He cannot Lead a conversation, etc.

But that’s enough of the personal attacks. The point of the matter is the ‘Agora’, and what it means to confront and occupy an Open space, before your (Hellenistic/Greek) peers, and convince a majority of them of strong ideas. It is no simple nor easy task. This is the birthplace of ‘Philosophy’. So I do not see how it can be anything-but philosophical.