Andrew Tate

Posting in this sub forum because his life advice is, I suppose, under the broad banner of “philosophy”:

I’m curious what the board members think of him.

Odds on human trafficking guilt?

Do you think he gives young men good advice?

What do you think about schools across the UK (and maybe other countries) expressing explicit concern that boys are looking up to him?

What do you think about the trend of many women on the internet saying they would not remain friends with a man if he’s an Andrew Tate fan?

Had to Google him myself.

Let’s see…

Another racist, homophobic, “self-described misogynist”.

Another Satyr?

Then this:

“On December 29, 2022, Tate and his brother, Tristan, were arrested in Romania along with two women; all four are charged with human trafficking and forming an organized crime group.” wiki

“Do you think he gives young men good advice?”

Of course, my own “shtick” here is to focus less on the answers that we give and more on the extent to which those answers reflect the manner in which I construe the acquisition of value judgments as the embodiment of dasein out in a particular world historically, culturally and interpersonally…and then understood in a particular way subjectively. And in a world ever subsumed in contingency, chance and change.

Just in case anyone wants to take the discussion there.

On the other hand, if someone here is convinced that, in a philosophy forum, using the tools at the disposal of philosophers, it is possible to arrive at the optimal or even the only rational answer to that question, by all means, let’s hear your argument.

i think if you watch enough of him, you’ll see that he’s basically just out there appealing to aggrieved young men who feel as though their problems with women are not their fault nor their responsibility to solve. he’s got an audience of young guys with self esteem problems, and he attempts to validate their view with this parody of masculinity that appeals to their fantasy of being “alphas” or whatever. it’s just a schtick and a grift for him, and he’s making a lot of money doing it. if you get what’s actually happening, it’s comedy, if you don’t, it’s a path to deeper social and psychological issues for the listener. the world would probably be better off if he used his time for something else.

It looks as though, for the time being, he doesn’t have much of a choice

it is what it is

He seems like a guy I could use to make myself feel better about myself by commenting on him one way or another.

i just tried that. it didn’t work

Damn, I guess I won’t try then.

dont be discouraged. give it a shot

Ok, the dude seems based :sunglasses:

i read somewhere that they took his cars away

Sad face

I’m tempted, and may do so in the near future. I already foresee my argument. I’d elaborate in depth, but it’s 2am and I think my energy’s about to crash.

Basically:

We’re shaped by natural selection.
Our preferences are that which enabled survival.
Let’s define health as surviving happily / meaningfully.
[we have to compromise in society, move closer to the optimum balance]
Set aside instincts, and evaluate using reason / logic to recognize what truly enables ‘healthy’ existence.
If we could reason that reincarnation is true and inescapable,
and that we will experience each life -
Then we can selfishly make the case for an enlightened view of utilitarianism.
We’re going to be reborn into ignorance / suffering,
it is wise to seek to reduce that suffering for others when we’re in a position of wisdom,
as we will one day endure that other life.

I think people often regard utilitarianism on a really surface level,
but that a very refined form of it, is extremely powerful.
To do it right, imo, we need to evaluate how acts affect everyone - including psychologically / socially.
For example, setting a precedent that it’s OK to murder, has many rippling affects that aren’t easy to pinpoint immediately.
[Again, this is all very surface level comment from me - and would justify spewing out many paragraphs to do it any justice.]

EDIT: misquote / double post

But the above also isn’t even factoring in empathy and the joy of helping others.
This could still fall under the umbrella of self-interest though.

_
Am I the only one that hadn’t heard of Andrew Tate, up until his arrest?

This video, is the first glimpse I’ve gotten, into the mind, that is… Andrew Tate.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gHwe180s-U[/youtube]

__
Banned in schools… well, he did say that school is created to keep your mind
inside of a box [at 2.42].

F31AD19F-C32C-47E4-B116-D00B11C36DA3.jpeg

_
twitter.com/freetatejasmina Wow! apparently there are no victims,
no evidence, nothing.

“Free Top G!” :laughing-lmao:

This crowd marched in support of the controversial social media influencer Andrew Tate

Highly based.

Super awesome.

Truth for the winz.

_
So apparently the Romanian elections are coming up in March, and the Romanian government are worried that Tate’s Tateisms will influence the results… and not in anyone’s [current] favour.

What’s the bet that Tate gets released after the elections are over? :laughing:

Imagine when saying things like “work out more” and “you don’t need dumb bitches in your life” and “I got 30 ferrari’s” are somehow considered to be threats to the political order :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: