How is THAT determined? Huh Magnus? Huh Peacegirl? Tell me..

…or better yet, tell the rest of the forum. Justify yourselves.

How is something “Determined”? Who determined it? You?! It’s you, isn’t it? YOU’RE the one “determining” what is determined. It’s a matter of faith, and a matter of what YOU personally believe in.

So something is only “Determined” because you deem it so, right? Correct??

It’s a matter of personal, subjective, emotional “thinking”. It’s a matter of opinion. It’s a matter of debate. So I’m debating it, right now. You have no “objective” criterion for your Determinism. You have no “Science”. It’s just YOU.

Prove me wrong.

If it is in fact YOU that is “determining” reality, determining the rules, determining the beliefs, what is “acceptable” and not… then everybody else deserve to know. That’s how this is all run, isn’t it? It’s about what people believe, subjectively. Where’s the empirical standard? Where are the testing, of these beliefs? What is the “objective” standard? Is there one? How do you justify your beliefs, when you’re wrong so often and consistently? Why should anybody trust something who’s as wrong as you? Is belief primarily predicated on Authority, that who has the most Authority, is therefore most righteous? Automatically correct?

Or is there some sort of process or demonstration of this righteousness?

Why can’t you answer simple questions???

I’m probably missing context, and perhaps you’re asking these questions specifically aimed at the named members, with the aim of rhetoric. If so, feel welcome to disregard - feel welcome, regardless.

There appears to be a chain of causality - a pattern regarding the procession of events.
If it is true, that each event is aligned with each other event, in such that we can infer one from the other,
then there indeed a metaphorical chain binding them together - if one exists, then all other bound event exist.

Existence is. ← this to me seems the most fundamental truth [something is, and we label it existence]
IMO, it is pure state of existence that determines all events, as all events are bound to it [by my definition] -
as existence is, so too must all events be and proceed as they do, in reaction to the state of existence.

Due to existence’s circular nature, it could be described as a pre-defined object.
That all of existence, already inevitably exists. That it’s all set it stone.

Before us, was existence. Existence unfolds as it will - it is as it is.

No, I appreciate your response. Others should emulate you. They should copy the pattern that you just demonstrated.

I want to know more about these “patterns”. What are they? How are they produced? How do they repeat? Are they subjective or objective?

Say more, if you will.

I don’t know if it’s “Existence” that’s repeating. Patterns repeat, yes, but Existence doesn’t seem to be a pattern. Patterns exist within Existence, a subsection of Existence.

I think that humans/mammals/biology latches onto Patterns, because this is a requirement by conscious evolution. If you have a brain, or mind, or nervous system, then it requires pattern-recognition on a basic, fundamental level. It’s necessary, to form ‘knowledge’. It is the basis of (re)cognition.

Without pattern-recognition, there could be no Memorization. And without memorization, life could not evolve.

Genes have pattern-recognition within them. Because Memes extend from Genes. Memetic behavior is predicated on Genetic bodies.

I suspect existence cycles through each possible state [finite number], and each state is connected through a chain to each other state. As there is nothing else to apply influence, as existence [per James S. Saint] rationally is defined as all that has affect - thus, there is nothing beyond existence to affect existence. There is only existence cycling through the same states, without anything else to the stop motion.

An alternative condition to existence than above, is that there are an infinite number of possible states the existence can be in. If this were the case, then existence need never repeat, nor would we ever need to re-emerge. Existence would be ever changing, and not a loop.

If existence can reach a state of oblivion [thermodynamic equilibrium (TE)],
then on a timeline of existence, we [thermodynamic disequilibrium (TD)] are the most unimaginably small fraction -
nearly to the point that we could be rounded off as an anomaly.

But the possibility of TE, begs several questions -
What was before TD, if not TE?
How did TD emerge, and from where did it emerge?
If TD can emerge, what is to stop it from emerging again?

The idea of TE only seems to push the buck somewhere different, without really resolving the primary issue.

I blame Hume for most of this. Damn idiot muddied the waters for anyone with a sub 130 IQ, it seems.

I think possibility is our ignorance.
As it is all determined, there is only one true case -
and the alternatives are fabrications we don’t have the information to eliminate yet.

James S. Saint also spoke about the total absence of alternatives that gives rise to confidence in one’s knowledge / understanding.
[Paraphrasing, and there’s likely more nuance to what he said.]

Possibility / chance / luck are all illusions.
There are the states that existence will be in, whether current or in another coordinate of space-time.
If existence is a loop, then all different states within space-time continuum can be considered for all intents and purposes as existent.

Simple. It is the necessity of cause and effect. The wind blows and the apple falls. You can will it to stay on the tree but you are just going to make a fool of yourself.

THere is nothing you have stated that needs disproof.

You are good at bollocks.

Hume answered a question that damn fools had too to stupid to figure out for millenia.

Nothing after Hume is worthwhile. He blew the whole thing sky high. It’s just that the dust has settled on you and you are too dull to understand it.

Somebody link me to what specific part of Hume you’re talking about, please. I need a refresher.

I makes perfect sense that someone like you would idealize him. He is a fairy tale nonsense thinker, an even worse troll than Socrates or Nietzsche.

“Oh look, you may have rolled a billiard ball into another one and the second one moved as a result, but you don’t REALLY know it was caused by the first ball hitting it! It could have just been a coincidence! We NeVeR rEaLLy KnOw CauSeS fOr SurEe!!”

What a fuckwad. Seriously.

No, it’s “the wind blew and the apple fell.” It happened in the past that the apple fell.

Again, all you are doing is looking with hindsight and claiming that the apple falling was determined. There needs to be no claim of being “determined” for EVERYTHING that happened in the past.

NO SHIT everything that happened in the past can’t be done a different way. Are you really that stupid?

Without the use of hindsight looking into the past, are you trying to say that you can go to an apple tree when the wind is blowing, and tell me which apple is going to fall due to the wind blowing?

Are you some kind of psychic that can predict the future if you look at what happened in the past?? Who will win the next Megabillions lottery?

Big deal, in the past the wind blew, the apple fell, the mailman delivered my mail, Elvis danced, and someone got runover by a truck… What’s your point, that the wind blowing caused the person to get runover by a truck?

What determined how Elvis danced in the past?

C’mon dude… that’s incidental to the example. I can make predictions about what happens If I plung a knife into my hand or I cut into an apple or what happens when I turn the open water bottle upside down.
I hope you’re capable of making similar predictions in your life or you’d be in real trouble… and those predictions come from you expecting a causal link between events, using past experiences to predict future ones…

We can speculate that it’s possible to get a different result because it’s a different day, but that possibility is entirely hypothetical, given we’ve never seen a different result…
IOW, you’d have to take the existence of that possibility on faith.

We need a reason to rule things in, as actual possibilities… we don’t need a reason to rule things out, that’s the default… the list of imaginary possibilities for us to “disprove” otherwise, would be potentially infinite.

Can you simplify and boil this down for me, under the context of Determinism.

What is the “determining” factor?

Are you agreeing with me???

how dare you?!

So “determinations” are based on people’s subjective expectations and predictions of patterns in nature then?

And people determine “causes” from patterns which they believe are most predictable/accurate/reoccurring?

Urwrongx1000, do you really not understand the basic premise of determinism or is this all a big troll?

By all means…

By all means it’s a big troll?