Three AM

Office talk.
If I was to say to you, it’s 6:8, today, what would you think?
Basketball player? No idea. Seriously, no idea.
What if I was to say to you, 9:8?
Why, what reason?
Okay. How about 9:11?
Twin towers.
And?
A lot of people died.
Okay. What if I said, 6845?
Wasn’t that many. Nearer 3,000.
9845?
No, I said, just under 3,000. What’s your point?

You’re lucky, discordant things like that used to bother me.
Guess that’s not a good associative sign.
No, like looking for signs is also bad.
That get’s to my theory of why most dreams , occur before waking, if you can get to sleep after waking, the dream tries to reassociate the conscious to the unconscious state where reduced signs can disassociate dreams from being conscious of them.
So said papa Freud, I suppose. And consent violative dreams are no exception. There we may try to atone for these in dreams that we are unable to while waking.

Now awoke after 3 hours. Things more proportionately appear.Thanks god God, for this miracle

What’s good about it is some energy transfer from higher up, summum excelsior , and immense. childish wonder to connect with the world.

Just sunshine even in a rainy day.

OK :slight_smile:

Thanks for that derelydo.

Now for a change I would like to turn the topic that maybe only night- owls.could trepidate on
, but has relevance here, at any rate. Oops it’s a brand new day gotta take kids to school, maybe tonight, get back to it, with your consent.

Look forward to it, Men. :slight_smile:

Thanks for that, me as well

It is 2:15 pacific standard time and I can mot sleep.
A thought occured to me to try to explore Noam Chomsky, and I don’t know why that occured to me just know.
There is some certainty in the appearance of a thought, especially coming forth upon a premature waking from a dream, or just from a dreamless state of the conscious-unconscious mix.

My dream of Polanyi, a few years back is such a state , for prior to that dream, I had no inkling of who he was.

Now apply Chomsky to the mix and this :

“the study of any aspect of language has a possibility of getting us to the biological structure. … For example, the study of abstract syntax or abstract phonology leads to certain aspects of the biological structure of language, that is, to crucial and intrinsic elements of cognition.”

If encode reads this. If You have corresponded with him , how would this perplexing interpretation go down among the 3 of us. Supposing me, meno, would assume the traditional role of questioning betweem Plato, Socrates. and me
(meno). Or trade roles.
I am fascinated by psychic relevance to Your work, and do not hold a question like this outlandish. other then perplexing.

So mow, approaching 3 am. Will try to resume slumbers, in the hope of some sort of reflection on Your part, and faintly satisfied that I have not abandoned our previous conversation.

-just a stab in the dark’-

Afterthought; if there are some correcting mistakes here in, please don’t hold it against me, for my lessening vision plays a large part in editing. even without the glasses that I normally place besides me on my side table next toy bed-which is the case tonight.

It’s approachIng 3 am and another thought occured to me vis. Conversing with Berkeley babes about Celine’s ’ Long days Journey into Night, that he also wrote 'America.
Now the fog created in my mind awakened only in part, that I conflated Celine with the author who wrote ‘Metamorphosis’ ’ whose name I normally not forget during daylight.

I HOPE SHE READS THIS, as inclusive wwith whom the same stream of consciousness.
But I forthwith will look him up for the benefit of my doubtful mind.

Franz Kafka

It’s now 3 am

metmuseum.org/toah/hd/seim/hd_seim.htm

From wiki:

“Numerically, it is Japan’s largest religion, the second being Buddhism. Most of the country’s population takes part in both Shinto and Buddhist activities, especially festivals, reflecting a common view in Japanese culture that the beliefs and practices of different religions need not be exclusive.”

Not 3 am, but the words would have been composed at around about three am - many years ago! I was ‘enjoying’ a legal dispute at the time. The dark of night, when sleep escapes and one finds oneself deep in thought! I had young children who were at various stages of their schooling. It struck me that I - and everyone I knew - had been subjected to a similar experience. :slight_smile:

M******** stared at M. completely agog.
“I thought we were supposed to be going to court.”
“Court, my boy? Court? Why this is the highest court in the land.”
“You’re joking.”
“Of course I’m not joking. Watch. Listen. Learn. Pay attention.”
“Order! Order!”
"Madame Speaker, as I was saying before I was so
And then a flash of inspiration
Not to be feared
Nothing is to be feared.
“Order! Order! The Honourable Member knows the rules. Now will he please sit down.”
We need to weigh him.
He’s very tiny.
He’s perfect.
It’s time for his feed.
It’s time for his bath.
It’s time for his inoculation.
It’s time to get up.
It’s time to have breakfast.
It’s time to have lunch.
It’s time for tea.
Everythin stops for tea.
Tea, as in gee, did you notice how Naughty.
You naughty boy, stop that!
You naughty girl, stop that!
Ah… but didn’t you notice how naughty they were being.

It’s time to get up.
It’s time for your bottle.
No. Of course you can’t.
Don’t ask questions.
Stop crying.
Don’t be naughty.
You’re too old to do that.
Don’t cry.
Don’t ask why.
Stick a dummy in his mouth.
It’s time for his feed.
It’s time for his need.

It’s time for playschool.
Let’s see what shapes we can make.
It’s time to go home.
It’s time for dinner.
It’s tea time.
Don’t be naughty.
It’s time for Daddy to come home.

It’s time for school.
Time to bend him to our rule.
Time gentlemen, please.
Come along now, please.
It’s two seconds to midnight.
Time you weren’t here.

This coat, is it wise to give it to these people?
You’re questioning the wisdom of Christ?
Not exactly.
That’s exactly the way it is.
But how do I know that you’re not some kind of illusion?
I am.
Well, there you are.
Exactly. I am your illusion, your reality, your hopes, your dreams, your aspirations. I am everythin to you. The more you trust, the more I give.
Pressure? You talk of pressure?
I am the pressure - I am the blood
I am the wind, the rain and the flood!
I am life - I am death
I’m your first - and your final breath.
I am the fire that burns and the balm that sooths.
I am more than you think I am.
For example, I am
The wisdom of the sages
Who know not a thing.
I am the telephone - I am the ring
I am the apple - I am the core
I am the football match - I am the score
I am the dodo you thought was dead
I am the purple - I am the read
I am the things that you fear when you’re scared
I am the portion - I am the shared
I am the P in the Blockbuster show
I am the source of above and below
I am the up and the down in a lift
I am the giver - I am the gift
I am more than you’ll ever know what I can be
I am sure that you’ll never know what I can see

So you see,
It’s unwise to play games with those who have access to the best
Call it teacher training, call it just a little test.
I won’t say flying colours, did I pass or did I fail
In fact, I’m looking rather peaky, I’m looking rather pale.
But I mustn’t be complaining, I must grin and gently bear
Pretend it doesn’t bother me, pretend that I don’t care.
Pretend that I’m not angered, pretend I’m not in pain,
Pretend your loathsome conduct is not driving me insane.

So, girls…
I suppose the point I am trying to make - in the middle of the night, is
You have no idea what goes on in the offices of PCH&N.
The pen in hand, you understand
That, my child, I am.
The pickle in the pickle jar
The sweetness of the jam!
Love you more!
:slight_smile:

K: I can imagine this poem as words to songs written by Pink Floyd or a strange
Beatles song…if I had any musical ability at all, I would turn this into
an epic concept CD… or as we called it back in the day…an album…

it is a little too mystical for a Who album… but maybe RUSH?

Kropotkin

(Post edited… in order to avoid confusion! Non-members could easily misinterpret)

youtube.com/watch?v=b_zHQ6kFuQ0

Oh my love, I am so so sorry – I failed to protect you.

Don’t worry, Daddy. I had the first seeds of a cancer – I would have died in a little under two years. Today’s little incident saved me, you, mummy, my sister, my brother, a great deal of pain and suffering.

You fail to realise, Daddy, I’ve been breathing the spent fumes of a combustion engine since you first took me out of the pram and put me into that buggy… when I was just nine months old. Of course, I could smell something when I was in the pram. I just accepted that that was what the air smelt like. It was only when you put me in the buggy - AT NINE MONTHS OLD - that I could see where the smell was coming from! If only you could have seen what I could see – goodness me I was breathing the stuff throughout my entire life. Didn’t you realise? Those fumes have given rise to countless numbers of cancers and unnecessary deaths. The buggy is quite possibly the most dangerous form of transport on the planet. What on Earth were you thinking, Dad?

Any way, you should rest easy, Daddy, in the knowledge that I died for a greater good. It was all part of some kind of some kind of higher order’s method of drawing attention to the dangers of the motorised combustion engine. What you might describe as a deadly menace. Whether it is seen as such is another matter.

So, dry your eyes, Daddy. And please, do something about those fumes. One in two people, Dad!

I will see if I can get them to discuss your concerns at Davos, in 2022.

Love you, Daddy.

NB: I have not watched the video, and I would urge others to refrain; there can be little to be gained. No one wishes to see unnecessary destruction. No one! :laughing:

I would have answered in the original thread. However, the reader was expressly asked us to imagine.

Seemed more fitting in Creative Writing! :slight_smile:

thank you derley for bringing up the point of
how this person is using the pointless and needless death of
a child, a 4 year old… to make political points against his opponents…

every death, every child’s death should be a time of grief, not
one of trying to score points… and I am glad you reminded us
of that…

Kropotkin

I thank you for responding, PK. However, that wasn’t necessarily my intention.

Many folks don’t tend to believe in a good, God-like, higher power type, all seeing, all knowing kinda thing. Others do.

Occasionally, I am reminded of the expression: That which a good, God-like, higher power type, all seeing, all knowing kinda thing, WILLS - happens. That which a good, God-like, higher power type, all seeing, all knowing kinda thing, DOES NOT WILL, does not happen.

Hence, when I see something which at first glance appears to be utterly catastrophic, I try very hard to see what it is I may be missing… the good.

Often, I tell myself, it may well be the case that’s it’s a balancing act - KARMA - nature’s retribution for lost harmony. Is it possible that the ‘victims’ were receiving their just deserts?

Perhaps the ‘victims’ are paying for misdemeanours perpetrated way way back. It’s as well to remember; that which many do not believe in - a good, God-like, higher power type, all seeing, all knowing kinda thing, has eternity to work with when it comes to administering justice.

:slight_smile:

_
Derleydoo duuude… aren’t you doing the exact same thing you accused urwrong of,
…and having a laugh over the matter in your OP?

A very unconscientious thing to have done, in attempting to get your point across…
especially when lives were lost, regardless of which side of the political scale or
what shade of the colour spectrum, they were on.

Thanks MagsJ. I am going out, shortly… Please can you quote the offending statement. I will do my best to address your concerns later. Thanks.

Is this the offending item? I note a laughing emoji?

NB: I have not watched the video, and I would urge others to refrain; there can be little to be gained. No one wishes to see unnecessary destruction.

No one! :laughing: