Three AM

You must forgive me, MagsJ. Sometimes, I am very very stupid; other times, I am extremely ignorant. Would it be too much to ask you to repeat your explanation. I promise to acknowledge - and, if necessary, correct my folly.

Thanks in advance.

_
Such a funny guy… not.

I stated my position in my first post… which you already responded to, with more derision.

Thank you for your response, Miss Understanding. :slight_smile:

Oh well, I tried. And having been admonished, why on earth would I attempt humour?

What’s for dinner? :-k

MagsJ, it’s not wise for you to post when you are tired…

Fatigue makes you grumpy - it impairs your vision.
Where there is protest you only see derision.

No! it’s the world and all the sub-par players in it that creates unnecessary conflicts, but not of interest.

Fatigue actually makes people passive, not aggressive, or even passive-aggressive… but nice try trying to play the ole straw-man card, in your attempt to clutch at straws.

MagsJ, I am not clutching at straws. There was never an attempt to create a straw man. Laughing at death and destruction is not in my nature - for you to suggest otherwise is just plain wrong. You have misconstrued my words.

If someone says something that upsets you, it is as well to question their motives, rather than start casting insults immediately.

“What did you mean when you said?”
“That laughing emoji, do you honestly find that kind of thing funny?”

That kind of thing. It tends to help avoid conflict. Conflict has a habit of leading to death and destruction… and hunger… and hunger occasionally leads to starvation, which very often leads to death. No laughing matter.

youtu.be/w0v_pu6miJ8

I sent an email containing the above video (‘The River Dance’) to my nine years old grandson. I thought he would appreciate the beauty. I have just seen his response!

"lol, i don’t really think it’s me!

Next time I come round don’t expect me to do that dance!"

He included one or two laughing emojis. It made laugh, and, for a fleeting moment the woes of the world were no more.

Should anyone feel the need for an hour’s respite, may I suggest you feast your eyes and ears on the following: From 1995

youtu.be/R9KkbU4yStM

Thank you for posting this. youtu.be/w0v_pu6miJ8 It awakened something inside.

In all fairness, I didn’t post it for your benefit.

Oh. You’re weird.

You’re not going to get an argument from me, fella. You sleep well.

I will. Goodnight.

Words. Mere words.

I beg your pardon?

Words. They cause so much trouble.

As much as Cannons and tanks and guns and bombs and explosives and…

…They follow words.

Come in, come in. Please, sit down. I would like you to take a look at this… did you write this?

I did indeed.

Well I have to tell you, you’re a moron.

I’m not a moron, you’re a moron.

And why am I a moron?

Tell me, did you write this?

Yes, I wrote that.

Well then, you’re a moron. Excuse me, where are you going?

I can’t listen to you any longer. I’m going to pay a visit to the local library, they allow you to use the internet. I am going to pay a visit to a philosophy forum… Phil-os-o-phy. It’s the love of wisdom, moron. You wouldn’t understand.

Ner ner ner ner ner.

Moron.

You wanna try reading a book while you’re there, you Imbecile.

You’re insane.

Moron. Make sure you wear a mask.

Do you think I’m stupid, moron.

Later that same day. Messing around in the kitchen with my wife, I referred to her - in a light-hearted fashion - I don’t recall the start of the statement, but it concluded with me calling my wife a moron. I have called my wife many names throughout our 42 years of marriage - not once have I ever described her as a moron.
The following day - again, light-heartedly - I used the word again. It just came out, there was no conscious decision to use the word.
Although we were laughing, I felt compelled to try and explain the sequence of events. Judge not, etc,

Unsuccessfully, of course.

No matter. Enjoy the Christmas Spirit.

And please accept my apologies! Lesson learned! You do and say just as you please! I’ve no idea what I was thinking! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Happy Christmas and a big thank you to all contributors at ILP.

_
Merry Christmas Derley, to you and and yours… O:)

:occasion-partyblower: :occasion-santa: :occasion-snowman: :occasion-xmas:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas Mags, to you and and yours… O:)

:occasion-partyblower: :occasion-santa: :occasion-snowman: :occasion-xmas:

:slight_smile:

Decisions, decisions! What would you advise?

Heat or Eat?
Hypothermia or malnourishment/starvation?

Best to let Mister Johnson decide.

“He gets all the big decisions right.”

Mister Johnson?

I’m not available for comment at the moment. Actually, I didn’t say, I’m not available for comment at the moment. I’m not here. And if I had’ve been here, I would not have said, I’m not available for comment at the moment. I am somewhere else at the moment. And until someone tells me otherwise, I will not be here. It would be wrong of me to comment about where I am or where I may have been. I can thoroughly recommend Peppa Pig World. Forgive me. Forgive me. Forgive me. I’ll be with you in a moment. Obviously, not here. Look there, a flying pig.

Those under the age of 50 will not recall John Major. Heard him recently - he was bemoaning the standard of Boris Johnson’s premiership… his untruthful ways in particular. Found the attached, it was typed out on my old amstrad. Thought I would title it - retrospectively: More whine Edwina.

For whom it may concern.

The donkey told the tiger, “The grass is blue.”
The tiger replied, “No, the grass is green .”
The discussion became heated, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, so they approached the lion.
As they approached the lion on his throne, the donkey started screaming: ′′Your Highness, isn’t it true that the grass is blue?"
The lion replied: “If you believe it is true, the grass is blue.”
The donkey rushed forward and continued: ′′The tiger disagrees with me, contradicts me and annoys me. Please punish him."
The king then declared: ′′The tiger will be punished with 3 days of silence."
The donkey jumped with joy and went on his way, content and repeating ′′The grass is blue, the grass is blue…"
The tiger asked the lion, “Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the grass is green?”
The lion replied, ′′You’ve known and seen the grass is green."
The tiger asked, ′′So why do you punish me?"
The lion replied, “That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green. The punishment is because it is degrading for a brave, intelligent creature like you to waste time arguing with an ass, and on top of that, you came and bothered me with that question just to validate something you already knew was true!”
The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn’t care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand. Others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t.
When IGNORANCE SCREAMS, intelligence moves on.

:slight_smile:

K: I hear and understand, oh great one…
to the best of my abilities, I will attempt to obey this…

Kropotkin

=D>

Major the only other PM I know that prorogued Parliament.
You might think - pot calling kettle black and Major was a dick but Johnson it bigger and more flaccid.

Johnson is the Jabba of flaccidity.

Maybe there is a poem around that construction to be done?

Thanks for your input, Sculptor. No poem, however I did unearth the following from 1993. It may be wasted on this forum’s predominantly youthful American audience. I am sure you will recall one or two of the names!

I used to write to a chap who was in prison. I tried to entertain.

I believe I may have been trying to capture Mister Major’s assertive nature. Also, back in the day, there was a degree of sycophancy amongst parliamentarians! Thankfully, that has all gone. If memory serves, Major sacked Lamont in order to save his own skin. Thankfully, that no longer happens.

The fourth page* (should anyone get that far) one could easily swap Stalin for Putin. Also, back in the day, the Tory Party had something less than a caring nature. Thankfully…

Here goes. Please overlook the poor quality. Only allowed 3 attachments. *Bit messy - page four to follow. GW!

Continued. Three pages in previous post.

My favourite anti-capitalism story.

First heard it in 1986. Served as something of an eye-opener for this political ignoramus. It was part of a programme first aired on Channel 4 in the UK. I would imagine it is because of informative programmes such as the attached that the government are now seeking to “sell off” Channel 4. Or it may well be because the Channel recently embarrassed Culture Secretary, Nadine Dorries. One or two politicians have big egos and can occasionally behave in a vindictive fashion! :slight_smile:

“I’m going to start with a story which was told by the American cartoonist Al Capp. The story’s about a creature called the Shmoo. The Shmoo was 10 inches high, something like a pair in shape, and a beautiful creamy white in color. It had no arms, tiny feet, and big whiskers under its nose. The Shmoo had only one desire: to serve the needs of human beings. And it was well equipped to do so. It’s skin could be made into any kind of fabric. Its flesh was edible. Its dead body could go brick hard, and be used for building, and its whiskers — well its whiskers — had more uses than you can imagine. If you looked at a Shmoo with real hunger in your eye, it dropped dead in rapture because you wanted it, after first cooking itself into your favorite flavor. Well, since they multiplied rapidly, there were plenty of schmoos for everybody, and they even looked good in the environment. Almost everyone approved of the schmoos. But some people weren’t keen on them. The rich capitalists hated the Shmoos. Since Shmoos provided everything people needed, nobody had to work for capitalists anymore because nobody had to make the wages to buy the things capitalists sold. And so as the Shmoos spread across the face of America, the capitalists began to lose their position and their power. And this made them take drastic action. They got the government to tell the people that the Shmoo was un-American. The Shmoo was causing chaos, undermining the social order, people weren’t turning up for work, and they weren’t going to the department stores to buy anything. Well, the government propaganda, convinced the people, and the President ordered the FBI to gather the Shmoos and gunned them down. Then things went back to normal. But a country lad called Li’l Abner managed to save one female and one male Shmoo. He carried them off to a distant valley where he hoped they’d be safe. “Folks ain’t yet ready for the Shmoo,” Li’l Abner said. But Li’l Abner was wrong. Folks were ready for the Shmoo. It was only the capitalists that weren’t. The capitalists didn’t like the Shmoo because it gave people independence. And when people don’t depend on them for work and for goods, capitalists lose their privileged place”.

youtu.be/IJtSXkZQf0A