Three AM

It’s time there was a thread dedicated to those who are awake at 3 am.

When sensible people sleep laying down
Get up in the morning - sleep-walk to town
What did you watch, what did you see?
Tell me your dreams - your re-al-it-ee?

Just to be clear. You are more than welcome to share your 3 am thoughts. There is only one stipulation, it has to be post 3 am.
No use changing the time zone -
Got up for a piss? Share your sleepy time thoughts.

If it was within my jurisdiction, I would banish anyone from reading this thread at any time other than post 3 am.

Any other time, the world makes no sense at all. 3 a m ers will understand.

Just checking in, on my way from sofa to bed… and I was looking for the cat along that journey, so up and down I went, and then I couldn’t find him and so I gave up and retreated to my room, where I found him… looking at me from my bed. :open_mouth:

:laughing:

But I knew, he was looking for me without seeing, , because sensing me, he yawned and jumped off the bed inconsolable.

Have I become invisible? And why? Does my karma create a rigidity that is more properly a middle, of Ages before an old version hermetic existence, before the age of ice forgotten ? Rather,

a Buddha yawn expiring so long into the night , insoluable, as to either, into the next incarnation without a feel of gentle breeze carrying an empty soul so fully nto night , or fully expunged, from sight.

I’m thinking, it’s a black cat in a darkened room…

Hang on! It’s ten o’clock in the morning!

As for Meno! A little after 3 pm! :smiley: Did you once post under the name of, Obe?

Excuse me. The phone is ringing. (I’ll get this and try and get back)

Missed it. Too late. Your fault! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

(Leaving the office for a moment or two)

3.59! Just in case anyone should suggest that I am not taking this 3 am lark seriously!

Yes, I joined here in 2012 and was known as obe. Obe sounded like, I don’t know, sort of childishly cute, felt silly and burgeoua.

Actually… I had started typing this post at 5am, so post 3am, but crashed on the sofa without sending it, so sent it when I woke up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Il est mon chat/mon amie/il n’est pas noir:

Isn’t he a breeze, a gas, a doll… isn’t he an awesome-looking cat!

MagsJ, Meno, my apologies! Apparently, there is only post 3 am. Every passing moment is after 3 am. Unless, of course, it is 3 am.

That seems to have put to bed the age old problem of time. What is time? 3 am or after. Science made easy. Pk, forget all that nonsense about the Now! It’s after 3 am.

London. Upheaval. It was a little after 3 am, And now we’ve got to suffer these extinctioneers! Disruption after disruption. The planet is dying, blah blah blah.

In the blink of an eye!
Two seconds to midnight, and now it’s after three.
At the very least it may induce a sense of urgent see.

Blah blah blah blah.
Blah blah blah blah blah.
I’ll break your fucking neck, if you touch my fucking car.

Fucking do-gooders. Just cos you want to save the planet doesn’t mean to say we’ve all gotta try and save the planet. It’ll be here long after you’ve fucked off. Now get out of the way. It’s after 3 am. I’m late for an appointment.

MagsJ. your cat is lovely - well, you say he is! :slight_smile:
Very switched on animals. I am not a cat man, myself. I admire them! I was round a friend’s house and their cat entered the room. He/she stood in the centre of the room, poimted it’s tail skyward and appeared to take in everything that was occurring in that room. I recall thinking at the time (it was after 3 am) :slight_smile: “that cat is better acquainted with the goings-on in this room than me.”

A 3am appointment? :open_mouth:

I’m ready to crash!

No, no, no! Goodness knows what you read into that!

Sometimes I see my folly. Other times I turn a blind I.

Pleasant dreams. Fly,

I don’t think I quite get your folly. :neutral_face:

Headed to bed, after working through some thoughts all day… I’ve concluded that it’s not me, it’s them… someone else’s unfounded thoughts and feelings has nothing to do with the other.

3:33 right now Sunday morning.Searching to get in touch with the central part of the universal energy
and thinking this is not really coming from inside.

Male it short but wrote Below Sartori, in the psychology section, and occasioned by such a paranormal occurance as had happened about a month ago.

(Not a dream)

Went into a gas station and asked.the.attendant if he has seen an upsurge of.winnings in lottery scratch-offs
He said , no, and he asked me the same question in retort.

I told.him of a.fictional account of how much I had won, the type of.game, for.there are.several.

I made up an amount for.the sake of. Omversation, and made up a 50 dollar win on just one particular game, just to keep the talkative mood going.
A.couple came in at that point , with scratcher in hand. It somehow strangely prompted.me.to go up to them and looking at.the game and recognising it as the same one I had just.talked about with the service attendant, innocently asked.them how muxh they had won. I couldn’t habe ascertained the amount for I was not within that point of view.

Almost unbelievably they announced winning 50 dollars.

I was.dumbfounded, as I still am, to a degree. Now, its 3:45 am.time for bed.

Obviously Neptune is your ruling planet.

That is what you took from his anecdote? It didn’t occur to you to ask Meno why he felt the need to engage in a fantasy? To keep conversation going!!!
Gotta be Neptune! Clearly I am missing that which is obvious to others.
Help me. :-k

What is more, the lapis is the “Master,” as appears from the following passage of the Rosarium: Et sic Philosophus non est Magister lapidis, sed potius minister: “And so the Philosopher is not master of the lapis, but rather the servant.”

This is a little bit above me, but what you’re saying is, you disagree with Pluto.

Plato.

You don’t think philosophers should rule? I thought they was wise.

Rule? I didn’t say they shouldn’t rule. How fast are we travelling? Why would you think someone calling themselves a philosopher… never mind. How fast?

I’ve no idea.

You didn’t read the books I recommended, did you?

I couldn’t remember one, and no one’s heard of the other.

What do you mean, no one’s heard of it?

Searched online. Every bookshop within a ten mile radius. Presumably it was some kind of April Fools?

What were you looking for?

What you told me to look for: The Bertha Tragedy.

You’re an idiot.

You can’t say that any more, I’ve retired. My last day today. 65 today!

Oh! Congratulations, My best to you and Mrs derleydoo.

How’d you know I call myself derleydoo? My private life’s private.

No secrets in this office, you should know that. I take it you have signed the non-disclosure agreement?

Paraphrasing. Putting together the incidents of the last 65 years.

Genuine milestone. An old age pensioner. That would account for my exuberance!
Today. Did more people join the ranks of pensioner, or did more people leave the rank of pensioner?

Free at Last. Thank God Almighty. Free at Last. [-o<

Congratulations darley. Make use of it!

Use it wisely again the cliche comes to mind, time is wasted by the Young, sometimes the personal outbounds , overflows, as that innoscence cries out for repetition, when it does want to repeat It’s self infinitely, sorry for the defining moment when fear of not being overcomes existence.

And then? As is now, and ever shall be, into that absolute no inkling whence from come back but absolutely not from the fear of nothingness. For there is no such thing, but for the love of the many, who can not be left like It is .

Then once this: then immediately the Self becomes a tremendous multiplicity which can only be attained , at first, through intercession, through the one, the One, then the Many.

K: from your brother from a different mother, congrats…I am truly happy for you…
the reason I haven’t participated in this particular thread is simple, I haven’t been
awake at three am. and that was the requirement of this thread… to be awake at three am…
until tonight… I finally had the day off and the thoughts of several days were rolling
around my mind… so I wrote and wrote and wrote… and now my mind won’t shut
up and let me sleep… so here I am… thanking Mr. Derleydoo for his escape from
the burdens of work… thank god he is free, free at last…

as for me…I don’t write to change the world… as Mr. Derelydoo wrote me…
No, I am not vain enough, with ego enough to attempt to change the world…
that takes a young man’s ego and I am just behind the Great and powerful
derelydoo in age…and thus no longer young…I no longer hope to change
the world… at best, I hope to get someone to consider changing their mind…
little less changing the world… it is kinda like when I was younger and wanted
to win the billion dollar lottery…Nowdays, I would be happy with a buck
and change in lottery winnings…I am dismissed by many around here and that
is ok…because they value shallow and superficial philosophy… should they
ever consider me a “valuable” philosopher, I would have to reconsider
my writings as junk… and perhaps give up serious philosophy and read
the harlequin romance version of philosophy which is Ayn Rand…and think
what deep thoughts lie there………uhhhh, not…

I really don’t know what I want to say here outside of congrats to the fine,
upstanding person that is derelydoo… and I hope to be free someday as he is
free……

Kropotkin

Free at last! What nonsense! Meanwhile, in the offices of PCH&N. :laughing:

MagsJ and Meno changed the rules. I’m not sure of Meno’s political leanings, but the whisper in the office has it that MagsJ is shortly to stand as the Conservative candidate for her local borough.

The three am curfew was lifted, Kropotkin - it couldn’t be enforced. Pity, because it is one of the few occasions when the world appears to make sense. You are welcome to pop in for a cup of tea or a coffee any time. Best to call after 3 am.

I had a dream! [-o<