Jack And The Kitchen Window - Google translates my stories

Jack and the kitchen window

Jack stood in front of his kitchen window and rhapsodized about the woodwork. ‘What a stupid kitchen window this is,’ he reported, 'this woodwork is not beautifully finished. I’ll call the carpenter. ’ Outside the wind was blowing. Jack called the carpenter. After ringing three times, he answered: “Tim’s Carpentry, what can I do for you?” 'Yes, with Jack. My window isn’t bricked in properly. And the woodwork is … not satisfactory, of quality. Can you come by today? ’ “That’s going to be tricky in this weather, sir, Jack … did you say? “That’s right, Jack is the name.” 'That’s going to be difficult in this weather. But for an extra commission I can see what I can do for you outside office hours. ’ 'Which is good. Just come when it suits you, an extra commission, if it is not excessive in size, is waiting for you. ’ “Excellent then, Mr. Jack. I will report to your address around coffee time after dinner, provided it is in town. Your address, where exactly do you live? ’ ‘I live on Kanarielaan. Number 88. Three high. I will see you then.’ Jack hung up with a sigh of relief. Finally, his kitchen window would meet the high standards he set for all of his interiors. The day was already successful.

[Jack en het keukenraam
Jack stond voor zijn keukenraam en rapsodiseerde over het houtwerk. ‘Wat is dit voor een stom keukenraam,’ raposdiseerde hij, ‘dit houtwerk is niet mooi afgewerkt. Ik bel de timmerman.’ Buiten raasde de wind. Jack belde de timmerman. Na drie keer rinkelen nam die op: ‘Tims Timmerbedrijf, wat kan ik voor u doen?’ ‘Ja, met Jack. Mijn raampje is… niet goed ingemetseld. En het houtwerk is… niet bevrdedigend, van kwaliteit. Kun u vandaag nog langskomen?’ 'Dat gaat lastig worden in dit weer, meneer, Jack… zei u? ‘Klopt, Jack is de naam’. ‘Dat gaat lastig worden in dit weer. Maar voor een extra commissie kan ik buiten kantooruren zien wat ik voor u kan doen.’ ‘Dat is goed. Komt u maar wanneer het u schikt, een extra commissie, als die niet buitensporig van omvang is, ligt op u te wachten.’ ‘Uitstekend dan, meneer Jack. Ik meld me dan rond de klok van koffietijd na het eten aan uw adres, mits dat in de stad is. Uw adres, waar woont u precies?’ ‘Ik woon aan de Kanarielaan. Nummer 88. Drie hoog. Ik zie u dan.’ Jack hing op met een zucht van verlichting. Eindelijk zou zijn keukenraam aan de hoge eisen voldoen die hij stelde aan al zijn interieur. De dag was nu al geslaagd.]