[ watch this space ]

Sometimes I feel like I’m doing internal space exploration. There’s a lot to be discovered “out there” and where no man has gone before in the depths of the sea — and the self — “in here”! I learn new stuff all the time about nature (see elephant boobs post further down my wall for a recent example), but …

The self that transcends nature also transcends its depths and heights. What you find when you explore (inter)subjectivity (The Neighbor, if you will… yourself) is even more mind blowing. FOR EXAMPLE…

Some are deathly afraid to challenge their beliefs. It gives them existential dread rivaling any fear of heights or spider imaginable.

But peer over this edge over here with me… just a little… You’ll be okay… :heart: We’re standing between a BIG HAIRY SPIDER and abysmal nothingness… we have nowhere else to go… but see my eyes… I’m not scared… we’re okay, here… for now…

If you ground moral truth in God’s goodness, you worry (rightly!) all will be permitted if there is no God/ground. If you ever doubt God’s existence, you begin to feel the world slipping out from under your feet, as if you are falling from a great height. Don’t worry. We’re still here safely on the edge.

Scientists (of a materialist or naturalist bent, anyway) would dismiss God as an unnecessary hypothesis and have you fill the void with values grounded in nature (stay close!!! BIG HAIRY SPIDER!!!), whereas philosophers (of a similar bent, but …they feel… a more coherent one) would take your dread seriously…but then have you creatively fill the void with values of your choosing (granted… they would put the weight of the whole world on that choosing…) (watch out!!! there’s a whole lotta NOTHIN down there!!! ECHO ECHO echo echo …).

Now… what do you see as we stand on this precipice together, between the BIG HAIRY SPIDER and abysmal nothingness? You don’t see the ground. But don’t worry. We ain’t goin anywhere. Stay with me here a bit longer. I won’t push you in either direction.

Suppose… maybe… [ watch this space ]

So close to home where all serious travelers warn not to try to return, but when Ol’Nick took Christ up, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up and promised him the world in that soon to be forgotten bargain, well, then one can not even find it seriously in Webster’s, cause such is the cores broadness of degraded memory.

And as things go on in this or that spacial equivolant, the less to memory it registers. while that warning signs are all there. the better for the epithet:

“Ignorance is bliss”

You go too close to the fire, you simply get burned as a heretic or a witch.

But there aren’t any of those nowdays. they get branded which is just as searing hot. .

Don’t add junk to the OP that was never there, gangsta.

This reminds me of the ocean sized bottle snafu lolz. Anywhayz. I apologize if an apology is still needed, but I am grateful for the times I needed squashing. If I read too far in… you started it.

Me too, & although we conversed prior, there is an odd no holds barred, unafraid developing very from inside to out . - me, so the point is unnecessary.

Glad to hold on to the friezes of conventional wisdom

I commend your attempts to mangle language while demonstrating you’d rather mangle than endure silence. I just like to mess with it as long as still comprehensible. If it isn’t, and if someone wants to comprehend, they will ask. Assuming they know they don’t know. You know. And I don’t want to ask if you don’t want to be understood. Do you? If not, then it’s probably none of my business. In which case, I hear you as much as you want me to. If I don’t… say what you need to say. Thought it had been said. I hope you are well.

Thanks. I am dredging the limits to the conventional and my excuse is the disassociation and cut off meaning from a partially derived convention starting with James Joyce.

I am freely flowing, and although placing the butdon to You my reader to make sense, I am ultimately I am trying really hard to be understood

And how’s that working out for ya?

It appears at first glance thats how it goes. for Me, but it’s not so…but then nothing is gained and nothing lost.

I guess breaking even could be said to be fortunate

I’m sure I don’t know what you mean/intend, or how fortune is measured here. In any case, I hear Gestalt is all the rage, and sometimes we see things we didn’t notice the first time we looked. Or even the second. I wish you well.

It is fortunate that there are those who have always dredged the limitless but, it is risky and at times dangerous to go into the very limits of a yet to be defined underworld, with the recurrent question of : whether some Thing is pushing such travel, or, it has always been an intentional effect.

But then to some such questions are neither conditional , meaningful or relevent.

Truth always withstands the fires of reason. Anyway… I just got done watching The Map of Tiny Perfect Things. So good.

But (back) by the way. Whenever I read the existentialists who say we would carry-on with our value finding and meaning creating just the same whether or not God exists… I have to laugh. It’s no wonder they converted before death.

Even Nietzsche acknowledged the hunger. I bet that horse bore the full weight of the sudden insight that connected the dots.

I’m entering finals week & start back to work full time the week after. Gotta save for my trip out to see my first grandchild in July.

I have two tests and a paper to write.

Be well.

Thanks, wish You likewise.

Oh, here is something Ichtus:

"“It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.”

– Joseph Campbell

hm. the weirdness of things that are weird.

…uhm.

hm.

Looking at this can not think how much descent occurred since, literally AND otherwise.

Not falling into the tragic ’ victim’ mode, and with a certain kind of guarded self assuring slap to the back I can say that holding up quite better then thought, into the venturesome territory that exists underground ; in spite of tragic family occurances.

Job has become am exemplar, and so did Thoas Mann, of offering some brace where the back may have suffered by the slap

I am watching this and other spaces, some furtively, some not so in an effort to go in the usual direction of memory’s wastebasket.

But I am going to resume the pot, that those who can refrain some such material around the hole that reminds them of something, something missing, dark and vacuous , like a kitty cat circling around a bowl of milk, and then go out and pick forgetme nots.

Springtime weather around here with temperatures in the high 80’s and low 90’s is the muse that could be rekindled with periodic dips into the pot filled with classical gas.

Unless the idiot goes to Russia lnext year; bankrupt and all with fear that some happening will happen like the time before, with the circle dance exhibition in a boat on the Danube, too much booze right behind the folk dance person.
But what happened next surprised me more then those privileged to witness it.

Later…

It became a memorable polish csardas exercise in a blue Danube abrogated some Strauss would have wanted to dual somebody.

Even the gypsy kings were em bare assed… Boy crazy is a gross understatement, course it was pathetic and misaligned.

Remembrances of nightmares passed ( up)

Everything is weird when I wish it was plain.