Are You Depressed?

yeah but a person’s temperament isn’t nearly as straightforward a thing to measure as a circle is
nobody can even come to a consensus on what they’re measuring for

I gather that you’re going by the definition that there are two big categories, introverted and extroverted
and that inside each there are two subcategories
choleric and sanguine under extroverted
such that cholerics would fall under a subset of extrovert
and therefore could never be considered introvert

sure
but if you’re going orthodoxicaly by hippocratic definitions you would also need to accept
that you can measure how choleric a person is by the amount of bile in their system
which I don’t think is taken seriously by anyone in this day and age
say it ain’t so

and if you’re allowing for adaptations to it
you might be able to see how those groups might be better defined as eight (4, each divided in two)
as those temperaments come in both introverted and extroverted forms

so yeah
you can go on to say that I’m not using them as hippocrates intended
to which i’ll say whatever, he was wrong
(but not without merit)

if you’re going to take an existing word and use it to describe a physical phenomenon
the dictionary damn hell better have some use
otherwise you may as well smack the wall and call it babeh

i should have added that i also don’t discuss jung anymore
because this is what always happens
i stick to his theories
at the first hint of a disagreement with someone
they go FREUD WAS BETTER ANYWAY

at this rate i will soon stop speaking entirely

“An Ambivert is someone whose overall behavior is between introversion or extroversion.
-An Omnivert is someone who can be either, at different times. 26 Mar 2020”

I just remembered about these options, following Phon’s post… I think that most, when in their comfort zone, can/will be Ambivert… the painfully painfully shy, maybe not.

Continued here:
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 2#p2775324

Let’s leave FC’s thread alone. I don’t want it to get depressed.

_
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKOptbo-QFw[/youtube]

youtu.be/MOWDb2TBYDg

Depression is common for everyone and we face daily or sometime in our life but It gives use new energy if we overcome from Depression.

Depression is ignorance. Joy is also ignorance (but sometimes and somewhat practical)

My entire meta goal in life is to be able to say, “it’s a good day and I’m feeling great” and not be lying.

People really do lie to themselves everyday here… way worse than lying to others.

But I don’t even often afford myself lying to others.

When someone says something like, “hey, how’s it going?” Or “it’s nice out today”, I immediately realize that they are not self realized.

I deflect this type of mind by saying somewhat comical things like “just doing my Jason things”. Or “smoking and pacing”

I have charming canned answers to not make people uncomfortable and still hold my own integrity.

People don’t know the depth of why I answer this way, but they usually smile when I do.

Their smile is deceptive , used to cover their inordinate horror

Fear is a milder expression.*

*fear of depth

My canned answer to “it’s nice out today” is:

“Are you spreading rumors again?”

Things like this just relax serious tension.

I mean, guys are unapologetic for the things they have to do to get sex (exhibiting a higher contradiction frequency).

And they certainly cannot accept that sex hurts the feelings of others while you’re having your best times in life (even though they know it deep down). That’s sadism, that’s psychopathy.

I’ve realized that most people on earth on the continuum of psychopathy are actually significantly psychopathic.

So… I just take it upon myself to pull their spiritual weight instead of getting bogged down with trying to convert them.

Depression is ignorance because this world is shit, but without a plan, people sublimate it… because without a plan there is no hope.

They also can’t absorb how truly wicked they are because of the shallow need to defend their life stories as perfect.

There are lots of layers here, even more than I just described. It is what it is.

_
Some good advice… =D>

You sound as though you haven’t got the slightest idea of what depression is.

healthline.com/health/depre … vs-sadness

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endogenou … 20stressor.

It is quite difficult having a condition that you can’t explain to people …

??

There are levels of depression, when it rises to ‘clinical’ then conversely it is a sign of it descending to the lower levels of being from mere existential trepidations.

Yes, it seems there is a kind of ‘point of no return’, as there exists in psychosis. There is a point when the brain attacks itself with such vehemence that a vicious circle is attained.

Actually there were old therapies tried to get the brain out of conflict with it’self, psychosurgery I believe goes way back, insulin and electroshock were tried, with limited success. But ultimetally, relapses were more common them not.

With the waning of analysis which only a few can afford, psych drugs, street drugs and alcohol are being used, again with limited success, street drugs and alcohol as self cure cause damage to the already compromised conditions of depression .

I heard it said though that milder cases can be simply treated with the knowledge that it’s easier to firm a smile with facial muscles then a frown.

Like the Joker in Batman.

I’m curious … just what could be these lower levels of being?

Suffering from somatic symptoms (high agitation and shivering) of depression and knowing how I feel driven towards coffee and alcohol as a result of it, it makes me wonder whether the lower levels have been reached.

One cant be surprised when haphazard experimentation with chemicals and EM on humans doesn’t usually lead to a chain of disjunct nuances to be ‘repaired’ - but clearly, since the brain is an electrochemical device, the application of chemicals in concert with electromagnetism is the key, if there is any, to artificially remediate brainconditions as well as to do basically anything with the brain. Electrochemical engineering is still a very young and precarious field, but immense progress has been attained the past decades. There just are differing interpretations on what a desirable human mindstate amounts to.