Are You Depressed?

Are you depressed?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

or perhaps not at all.

getyarn.io/yarn-clip/6d46df52-d … cf760eacfd

I used to be depressed for definitely 10 years. I didn’t take any pills though or feel really hopeless. I just was depressed as fuck because people were not what I reckoned they were and thus I was also not what I reckoned I was. I got into low down trouble and that sort of helped me forcing a way out, because I was still me, not some loser.

Depression is resentment the inability to overcome the reasons for it. But because I am Nietzscheanic I knew all this and I didn’t take my resentment as something noble or worthy, I just realized with a lot of pain that I was weak of conscience and perhaps even weak of nature. I had to find that out. I did find it out, I was hardly weak lol but damn, was it useful to think I might be.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depressive_realism

Which is why its rare for a philosopher not to be a misanthrope.

Only the French can pull off a kind of neutral stance. Which is why France is the best cure for depression, and why the French live longer, and why “God in France” is a saying.

In Germany you have to be insane and poetic to make sense. In French you can say there was dust on the window and the sun was hot and people will understand the soul of their ancestors.

Damn it, now im actually being esoteric.

i albert camused it because i fucking love the fuck out of life

Melancholic, but not depressed… it’s always been my natural default mood setting since young, then sometimes Choleric, then barely Phlegmatic, and hardly ever Sanguine.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_temperaments

Four fundamental personality types
Most individuals tend to have aspects of their personality which identify with each of the four temperaments. However, there are usually one or two primary temperaments that are displayed at a significantly higher level. An individual could be any combination of the following four types.

Sanguine personality type is described primarily as being highly talkative, enthusiastic, active, and social. Sanguines tend to be more extroverted and enjoy being part of a crowd; they find that being social, outgoing, and charismatic is easy to accomplish. Individuals with this personality have a hard time doing nothing and engage in more risk seeking behavior.

Choleric individuals tend to be more extroverted. They are described as independent, decisive, goal-oriented, and ambitious. These combined with their dominant, result-oriented outlook make them natural leaders. In Greek, Medieval, and Renaissance thought, they were also violent, vengeful, and short-tempered.

Melancholic individuals tend to be analytical and detail-oriented, and they are deep thinkers and feelers. They are introverted and try to avoid being singled out in a crowd. A melancholic personality leads to self-reliant individuals who are thoughtful, reserved, and often anxious. They often strive for perfection within themselves and their surroundings, which leads to tidy and detail-oriented behavior.

Phlegmatic individuals tend to be relaxed, peaceful, quiet, and easy-going. They are sympathetic and care about others, yet they try to hide their emotions. Phlegmatic individuals are also good at generalising ideas or problems to the world and making compromises.

I am obviously Choleric.

No I an not depressed not by any means, life is beautiful and god is not god spelled backwards.

Depression is a luxury some people are not allowed to make. And that is the honest truth.

Actually…I wanted to change my option to yes, because I do get depressed at times. But I just don’t want to admit it, because it is a sign of weak mindedness.

I rather settle for the anxiety at times.

However the way You had it set up, it is not possible to change it.

I agree on all points.

I am not depressed and my personality type is between melancholic and phlegmatic

Mediate more, they say… and so you do… and then the thoughts came, and what horrendously negative and awful thoughts they were… why would the mind even do that to it’s host, to such a debilitating extent as to cause the worst anxiety that could ever be imagined.

But one can get through it… if you just keep going, and when you’ve had enough for the day, just go to bed and do it all again in the morning… until one day, many months later… you wake up, and can now keep them at bay, at will… the power they once had over you, now gone forever. A rite of passage, for All to experience at some point in their lives? who knows.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7u5N2MfTNU[/youtube]

And there is a quick cure, it comes through a crack, when You experience Your first miracle, and that person you prayed for becomes loved!

Well I wish I’d known that sooner/months ago… #-o Wish I’d seen that video sooner rather than later/last year though, too. :neutral_face:

How would I, or anyone, be able to emotionally grow if we didn’t experience new phenomena and things/how would they be able to become innate…? they wouldn’t! A wasted experience has no utility in the first place.

True! So for me anyhow the other side of the equation is to not look back, regretfully.

I might go for that option… if ever there’s a next time :stuck_out_tongue: but I pray to my ancestors that there’s not going to be a next time, or they wouldn’t have done their jobs right… but I guess it’s good to know what one can be capable of, before walking away from the resultant state of it all, and leaving it all behind me.

I hope that for you too, I really do…

I have always found this type of question fascinating, because it is impossible to feel any which way all the time. I am familiar with sadness and I have happy moments. But to say I am sad or happy, as if it were permanent way to define myself just doesn’t work for me.

Change is the constant.