..the mind boggles.

When someone thinks they’re telling me about myself, and I say… yea, I know.

More to follow…

At times one knows less about one’s self then another , but other times maybe not…

Actually, from my frame of mind, it’s not what someone thinks that he or she is telling others about themselves, but the things that some of us ourselves manage to convince ourselves are true. For example, a sense of self embedded in the “real me” in sync with, among other things, “the right thing to do.”

In other words, they fail to grasp that their own moral and political value judgments are rooted not objectively in God or ideology or deontology or some such other “transcending” fundament, but subjectively given the existential trajectory of their very own lives.

Consider this thread hijacked! :laughing:

There’s the rub.

The ebb and flow of life… and therefore mind, due to their relentless inter-connectivity.

The most creative way to self-diagnose, that I’ve ever heard. This guy is awesome, in his comedic delivery of a very painfully-touchy subject, for some.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbDtyaI4_30[/youtube]

When you say “the right thing to do” do you mean, on all things socio-political or on our every day evaluations… or on all and every thing?

Da-sein?

The mind boggles… as to why you think I should. lol

On yesterday:

At a fam drinks gathering yesterday, some minds were quite concerned and dismayed, that society at large is narcissistic, vengeful, and errs on the side of immorality. As we watched people coming and going, from the pub’s terraced forecourt, they could start to see some evidence of that unfolding.

I went into Judging mode, during our time together, but it was all in good jest… and not mainly about them, but they were surprised that I was in a judging mood.

Some don’t handle emotional-aspects and decision-making well… well she didn’t, and I just wanted to go to bed, but couldn’t… until my guest felt she had sufficiently purged herself of her relationship-related emotions, and finally left.

_
They never knew I had a friend such as he… known each other for over 15 years now, and had a long catch-up yesterday early-evening when we crossed paths, on the way to our respective destinations, but my kin didn’t think I knew a Male such as he? but I do!

I said we’ll soon pass by for cocktails… as we had done once before, and he seemed in agreement of that, and so we soon shall.