Are kleptomaniacs worse off ?

I don’t believe it. at any rate,it’s probably a cover for something far worse and I disincline to believe in letting that cat out.

Far worse. I admit that, too!

Would You believe that far worse can actually bring up an antidote?

I’ll believe in anything at this point.

Would you believe you’re one of 5 people i keep up a conversation with in life. :-"

…and free goods… unless you get caught… then you only get nuthin but time… in jail.

Yes, but are they worse off?
Worse off then before they acquires it?

Before, way before, they reas -No exit’- they were happy puppies. They said well. They could stay in their self appointed space. There was no Muslem Brotherhood

Yes, but are they worse off?
Worse off then before .

Only their conscience can tell them, as it is impossible for another to think themselves in that same situation, so as to know or not, whether a person who seeks sensory highs benefits from those highs in the long run.

Does the reward override the guilt, in such types?

That’s the thing. It is not that they appear to have a diminished sense of conscience, but it is in a sense at times a form of self punishment based on an over the top become compatible to the process of deconstruction

Their moral aspirations take a backseat , or a second tier effort to a minor key.

Suzanne Langer suggested. as much:

“Symbolism was the ‘new key’ to understanding how the human mind transformed the primal need to express oneself.”

The act of a kleptomaniac may symbolize the struggle to weigh the act with the reward on a less then fully conscious level, on the symbolic similar levels of values/goods to be exchanged. so as to evaluate the element of unconscious risk taking to the level that may be am antidote to primal , more literal guilt

Lady Machbet’s obsessive handwashing may cover a far more serious debt , where indebtedness was actually a serious crime in them England.

Kleptomania is very similar to an obsessive need to create some kind of balance betweem the act and the resulting moral confusion about it,merely as a litmus test of such balance, so as to escape the slippery sloped justification to let it roll-dowm into the misunderstood depths of uncontrolled prior unmanageable sets of circumstances.

In an era of uncertain and unrecognized phenomenal causation, a nuance or a suggestive semblence may more likely to help avoid such rolll,
and help create an effect that may actually counter the myth of sysyphus.

Note: my references are only indications of learning to fill the gaps between existential and those underlying issues which may block a relationship betweem subconscious and conscious elements in the comstruction of guilt

MagsJ says:

“Does the reward override the guilt, in such types?”

No.

So why be compelled to repeat a pattern that leads to a negative?

Because accentuating the positive often, more often them not , leads to it’s negative.

Because being positive, doesn’t mean a positive outcome… or at least not all of the time, but sometimes?

Most times would be more preferable, I guess.

Not really, it’s just as circuitry can change directly by increasing the changing the source of energy, re: manipulating voltage and ampere, so can A/DC be manipulated by changing the magnetic frequency within the coil, by transforming the direction of the current-like from the back to the front, that is, if grounded.

Are you suggesting that prosecuted kleptomaniacs should be electrocuted? :-s

No. What I am angling toward is the suggestion to an imbalance that develops between having to pay for supposedly conscious choices( whether they coincide with the relative nature of what a fully conscious state is) versus the rebounding value of that choice, is either one: having too steep a price, either in real terms after a legal adjudication, or one that a person feels bad about.

Society"s challenge consist in an outward sourced punisment, that by analogy inflicts electromagnetic punishment that takes some slack out of stares like depression, where a person is less likely to be effected by negative brain/ electrical energy sources, if his ‘conscious’ realization has a bias against society’s approach toward conviction and punishment.

The anology is proper , because there is noticeable electronic circuitry, measurable, that d I change variable through the very separate segments if the cortext.

In case of theft, these variable neuron associations may build up and deify internally and project the difference or introjected it. Either way, an electrocution may still hapoen, by a case of a very severe shift in internally built up imbalance and a guilty oerson, even guilty for a slight, may suffer celebral hemmirage, and in that sense, literally iver charge himself, within the build up of an unbounded potential negative energy built up within the internal circuitry of his mind/brain. In that sense, there is no need to differentiate between the brain and the mind…

Are Kleptos more active on rainy days?

Are rainy days more boring than non-rainy days, that push kleptos to procure others’ goods in order to ensure that a boring day becomes less boring, by fulfilling a need to activate the feel-good receptors in the brain?

i think it might come down to the individual. sort of like addicts, there are those who care that they’re wrong, and those that don’t.