Can dogs think phenominally?

FIve words: says more about the observer than the observed; it probably indicates the instrumentality of the observer in how the obsevred is to to used.

Then, we’d be back to the dead/ alive cat in the box, the observer unsure to open the box for fear of a sense that the observed would depend on his sense of it.

Reductionism did not just happen, it’s involved in anticipating diminishing verity, and it is probable that the observed acquires this sense on another level.

Does an animal has a sense that soon it is to die on way to the butcher? Even apart from the bleeting which is probably understood by the herd.

I am not pulling this stuff out of a bag, for instance, the dog senses something, that is on a very general level , like pain, bunger, affection, need for someone to takce care of it’s needs. That corresponds to a similar human link, where specific objective correlations have some sense with it.

The logical types differ , but their sense link, connecting the levels of appreception.

The dog can infer man’s actions through learned behavior of various responses, but the human must identify the causally linked response through the chain of relevant cues given.

So the relationship between the observer and the observed can not be quantufied, except maybe a long chain of inputs and responses, as they rise slightly in complexity and subtleness.

Both have to learn from one another, the owner of the dog has to gage the learning in accordance.

Chose your five words, and use them to answer the thread.

Sculptor said:

“Chose your five words, and use them to answer the thread.”

Walkies.
Dinner/food/eat.
Treat.
Get it.
Fetch.

My girl would not be happy without “Pig’s Ear”, which she knows in French too.

“Cats and Rats” gets her highly excited too.

Interestingly I have found that there is plenty of absurdity in the generalization process and absurdity stops this side of the interlocking processes.

Due to again: a number of related processes that have already produced the most accurate and most useful judgments.

Some absurdity may be correlated between geeralization in human beings and lack of.
specified processes in the dog brain

Things can go awry in the canine’s brain too, Meno.

Unless this is a double back to human beings, in which case you already know my thoughts on that…

:laughing:

Did you ever really say what you meant by “think phenominally”

The difference in mind between man and the higher animals, great as it is, certainly is one of degree and not of kind.

Charles Darwin

It may work both ways retroactively and may not, depending on the beginning of the inqury,.

You are right Meno

Because of this, sometimes we have to step back…

Let things run their course and then consider. Lucky for all of us who are alive we have already made enough useful and accurate judgments to stay on course.

Where would we be if this were not the case?

A phenomenal knowledge depends on no reduction to a previous level of learning.
For instance, if I suppose a logical basis to the acquisition of knowledge, then the sense of the meaning of that learning may not yet be codified in any language signal other then the awareness of action and reaction corralates to spatial recognition. The phenomenon by this elementary arrangement may not adapt to higher configuration, until the lower is codified into memory.

The instinctual behavior in dogs has not been codified into learning, because it is based on a level, which has no configured pre set code within the measurable codified cycles between generations presupposing some such awareness on a differing time lines.

Right , this observation is fitting.

But for those who have not lived long enough to run their course, and start up again prematurely, the course reset may result in insufficient basis of sound judgement, causing more uncertainty as the new test applications become more challenging and many formed objectively.

In my stepped back and contemplative state, I am in a position to agree with you…

…and I do.

:-k

I further suspend my judgment.

nah.
It is to the contrary.
WHo the fuck started this thread?

Words salad.
Phenomenal thinking is all about reflecting on learned experience.

Meno…

…I am reminded that…

…we are born so useless but end up with a more developed consciousness…

…many animals are not born so useless but have a less developed consciousness.

For some, it may help to exchange useless with helpless.

…anyway, just a thought.

Sculptor said:

“Phenomenal thinking is all about reflecting on learned experience.”

That depends on the brain-mind problem of verifying the meaning and the content of ‘re-flect ’
Do images of prior experience denote a specific image within a context, or, a situation that establish the built up reservoir sum total of significance, or weather the point has been reached where there are as of yet no such signification that can connect all the "background noise’ attributed to such situation.

The key to this dilemma is the frequency of re-collecting those elements that present a continuous enrichment of qualities or qualia necessary for a ’ gestalt’ or a sufficient collection of such elements.

Dogs can do it to a level indicative of their comprehension, their reductive ability depends on a prior significant collection. The productive, construction of such elements in dogs , does contain mostly fixed assemblages from which it deconstructs to lower level generalized signals attributable to lesser contextual tie-ins, where phenomena is recollectable in complex channels, and this series created templates of sequential memory.

If collectible, then the re-cognized sequence of such templates do not break significantly enough to form a series of such that have enough of them to find meaning in, as a foundation, without which, the phenomenologically reduced idea can actually guerentees a meaningfully retained signifier.

Such totally regressed idea lacking proper foundational significance has been compared to a salad like assemblage of un re-cognized signals, with variable spatial attributes which may make little sense.