Can dogs think phenominally?

If You ever had keen observance of strange dogs, in their assessment of friend from foe, when they are uncertain or, decide to like You or fear you, they look away and bark at someone else

That is primitive projection.

Yes the do have a state of uncertainty at times.

ALl the dogs I’ve had in my life make decisions quickly and decisively.
When you are free from the conceptual, there are fewer choices that need be made.
DO you have a dog?

Actually I was born nearly a feral child. My father was pow in Russia, and my mom arrested for being politically suspect, and a huge sheepdog as my guardian. I remember he was very fond and protective of me. I cried when he died.

But I meant what I said about their change of expression when faced with ambiguity.

And my sweetest dog was a part pit but I lost track of her after by necessity my brother in law took him for the landlord found out and had me gave it away.

I babyied him, thereby negating all negative behavior, only struck hom one time and he had a confused puzzling look on him, felt almost guilty , but she did deserve it.

Do You have a special dog in Your life that You can recall?

I’m looking at her right now.
I can tell from the look she is giving me that her internal clock says its time for her afternoon dinner.
If I ignore her she will lie on her back, look cute and make gentle (ruff) noises as she pushes her paws into the air.

There have been others in my life too.

doggy.jpg

I’m looking at her right now.
I can tell from the look she is giving me that her internal clock says its time for her afternoon dinner.
If I ignore her she will lie on her back, look cute and make gentle (ruff) noises as she pushes her paws into the air.

There have been others in my life too.

Ah! How pretty she is. She seems to have some soft, fawn color running through her coat.

When I was a little girl, I lived with grandparents for awhile. We had a dog who looked so much like yours. Her name was Lady. Your dog’s eyes are wonderfully expressive. Sculptor. They do seem to have such a beseeching look about them. So pretty.

_
:laughing:

He’s so cute and innocent… a dog with morals. :smiley:

Calls for police force to hire German Shepherd after he suddenly stood to attention and reacted ‘disapprovingly’ when his owner mentioned the word COCAINE in passing

• German Shepherd lauded as ‘police dog in waiting’ after responding to ‘cocaine’
  • His owner suggested buying cocaine to test Dante’s reaction to the word
  • Dante immediately stood to attention and appeared to disapprove of the drug
  • The video was republished by an account claiming he was in fact a police dog
  • His owner confirmed that he is not, but often responds to the mention of drugs

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0QBquoEZOQ[/youtube]

She is a daily joy, and we both love her more than it is possible to imagine.

You should see my girl when I say the word “pig’s Ear”. She has become so attuned to it, that you cannot use either word.
We switched to French but she learned in in French too.

I once owned a Labrador retriever named Chester. I’m white. Chester barked violently at a black neighbor who came into my yard until I put my arm around the neighbor to show Chester that we were friends. Chester never barked at him like that again. I wonder what that experience was like to Chester.

My Labrador also had a tendancy to be a racist twat for a hort while. All I had to do was reassure her that black people are okay. She likewise now knows that black people are the same as other people. She’s smarter than the average American.
It’s about overcoming unfamiliarity.
She’s never been bothered by any dog of any colour, though - again smarter than the average American.

Chester was an alert watchdog. He was protective of the family but always non-aggressive with family members and people we accepted.

He was tolerant of cats and small children who occasionally like to beat on him. He received a lot of love and affection from everybody in our circle.

I’m happy to see that understanding of mammalian cognition has come a long way since 20th century behaviorism which sought to explain all animal behavior in terms of classical conditioning, stimulus-response or operant conditioning without reference to their consciousness.

Maybe it was like how we might experience a wake-up-call for Chester or an epiphany. :mrgreen:

When Chester got woke!

Relationships .

youtube.com/shorts/1HEXiPxKTB8

:laughing:

=D>

I think everyone with a dog in the Uk knows all about Andrew Cotter and his two labradors…

During lockdown AC’s job as a sports commentator came to an abrupt end. So he took time out to make a few fun videos of Olive and Mabel his labradors…

It’s been nice to hear Andrew back in his old job commentatiing in Tokyo during the past week, but everytime I now hear him all i can think of his his funny commentating…

youtube.com/watch?v=f2BZNowCXws

youtube.com/watch?v=vPhpJuraz14

youtube.com/watch?v=26FIEX6muAo

And the famous ZOOM meeting

youtube.com/watch?v=nFVHaus_pjI&t=28s

This all became such a world wide phenomenon he wrote a book about himself and his dogs.

:laughing: what a clever girl… I’ve been quite entranced by the ‘kiss your dog on the head and see how they react’ reels, but I’ve chosen a video that includes cats, for comparison… some are cute… some dogs start snarling… some act all pally-like.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_BvRKW5wLE[/youtube]

_
Dogs thinking phenomenally?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxOB13gjBcc[/youtube]

This second video is fake and has a very annoying sound track.