How Mean Is Your Character?

How Mean Are You on a scale of 1 to 7? 7 beingt he meanest.

0 voters

(as compared to people you know)

We’ll need an actual context of course.
Or, rather, I will.

it depends on how you define it really, but i can tell you that i am psychologically capable of doing really immoral shit and then still getting a good night’s sleep. i dont go out into the world looking for mean things to do, but when it comes down to it, ive always been willing to be as mean as necessary to get what i want. not sure how that sounds, but it’s honest. most all the time im nice though and will use my time and such to help out people around me if they need it. i think most people on average are not as mean as me, but i know a lot of people who are way meaner than i am.

I am super nice 98% of the time, slightly guarded but generous and friendly to a fault. One of my Sister’s is probably a 6 and the other is like me, a two at most. Other than my Sister 666, I don’t know any other mean people IRL. I know selfish and/or unfriendly people but not really any meanies.

I am moderately mean, and moderately unmeaning , both literally and figuratively. Guess kind of stuck in the middle.

this matter is somewhat paradoxical because I exhibit characteristics that could be classified as both sociopathic and hyper-empathic.

Two quick examples. I have absolutely no regard for any living members of my family. If any of them died tomorrow, it would mean nothing to me.

On the other hand, I literally fainted a few months ago after watching and execution video at kaotic.com. I researched what happened and found out that I had a nervous reaction to the images and my heart slowed down (forget the name of condition). What happened was I started feeling so light headed and nauseated I couldn’t finish the video. I felt disgusting and immediately made my way to the shower. In the shower I sat down and just tried to relax under the hot water. In about ten minutes I got out of the shower… but here’s what happened: my blood pressure had dropped because I was sitting down… so when I got up, grabbed the towel and started for my room, I fucking fell over and bashed my shoulder into the door falling flat in the floor. I do recall a split second when my head went blank, so I technically fainted. But I immediately came back when I bashed into the door.

I suppose I can be mean with what I say or how I treat others property… but I don’t condone violent physical contact and would avoid it at all costs until and unless I felt attacked. I do not support capital punishment or torture (even for military/war purposes) and I have reservations against the methods of animal slaughter and even eating meat altogether (even though I do). Animal cruelty goes without saying and another sociopathic tendency perhaps is that I’d sooner see a piece of shit human burn to death than watch him kill a puppy.

And I was cruel to animals as a kid for a brief period around nine.

I can learn to dislike someone so much that I either don’t care if they died, or even prefer that they died.

So I dunno. I’m a strange combination of traits here.

_
I am very guarded… does guarded equate to being mean? I don’t know, but also… I don’t really care.

No.

Oh.

I’m not evil anymore in most ways.
I’m benevolent but cold.
I adopted vegetarianism as part of a plan to no longer harm sentient life.
I try to improve my nature / character also.

Mean has at least two meanings.

1. miserly, careful wth money, ungenerous.
  2. Nasty, unpleasant, cruel.

And a definition.

I don’t need a definition.

I think I’m a 2… because I’m really chill, but f with me too much and I’ll soon tell you about yourself.

People are mean when they don’t have enough wisdom or fortitude to earn respect.

Being good is a lifelong process. Can you say the right words in 1 second or is it going to become a fight?

Live and learn I suppose. And hopefully some grace along the way.

Thats a great answer man, and a great post in general.

I relate to several of these traits, with the exception of the attitude toward family, as you know.

My character has turned meaner in the past decade, because I began to notice how much damage being the generous, understanding and forgiving guy had been doing. Ive become a second amendment type.

I feel very deep and overwhelming love for all kinds of creatures, including some humans. That love has increased in depth and intensity and in duration of its ‘spells’ (waves of emotion) since Ive become more willing to damage the causes of those that are less than honorable.