Brain vs Mind

Although you start off with the definition of double aspect theory, what you go on to describe and assert sounds like mind-brain identity theory.

Various types of energy(most unidentified)in infinite patterns. Thingness=energy pattern
Mind and body are not of the same energy or the same pattern.

That’s something you need to figure out, but it might be unrelated to the thought that freaked you out. Your original question was “does thinking happen in the brain or the mind?” If the mind is thought, what would the question be or would it be?

I mentioned the ‘different story’ so you wouldn’t assume I meant that the body and its thought process was all there was.

Wendy, don’t forget about me…

If by energy you mean the quantitative property that must be transferred to a body or physical system to perform work on the body or to heat it as physicists do, then by defining mind and body as patterns of energy, your theory is ultimately a physicalist one. Whereas according to the double aspect theory, the physical and mental are two aspects of some third X. Spinoza called it the universal substance. William James called it beyond subjectivity and objectivity. Schelling called it the identity of spirit and nature. Schlierermacher called it the universe or the cosmic whole. Hegel called it absolute spirit. Heidegger called it Being.

I call it energy for now since that is the closest understanding I have to it, but its not an energy our scientific equipment can detect. I believe it is physical but not visible from a living perspective in this dimension, however we can feel it when we process emotions.

From your eyes down to your stomach, within that area we not only process but we exert our emotions as energy. Mid-torso up to our eyeballs.

I don’t know if you have ever felt emotionally charged, but if you ever have or do, realize that your emotional reactions will radiate as “energy”, be it intuition in your gut, as nervous butterflies in your stomach, as disgust in your throat and stomach, as joy and triumph from your head, as love from your chest, in all the areas from your eyes down to your stomach every emotion is processed and reflected back into your immediate environment.

You’ll never feel an emotion radiate in any of your limbs or your lower torso because that is not where your mind/soul resides in your body. Emotionally charged energy is palpable, its physical.

Ever walked into a room where people have been fighting and you can feel that energy around those people without having been present for the fight?

In other dimensions the mind/soul is visible. I believe what all of them are referencing is the mind/soul as their “X”, but like I wrote earlier still undiscovered by our sciences.

Yes I have felt emotionally charged and I’ve had the experience of a room seemed charged with the electricity of emotions. And yes energy is one of the words people find suitable for X. However, X may or may not be limited by what is known of the laws of physics. So perhaps it would be wise to think of it as energy metaphorically not literally. In other words our claims about this X are phenomenological. That is they’re about how it seems, not about it what it is ultimately. When we make claims about what it ultimately is we’re either in the realm where physics and psychology intersect or in the realm of metaphysics. In the first instance it seems we need controlled experiments and in the second it seems there’s no possible way to ground our speculation.

To whomever this may concern, the mind is the energy. One in the same, but thought directs the energy into action.

Felix Dakar says:

“So perhaps it would be wise to think of it as energy metaphorically not literally. In other words our claims about this X are phenomenological. That is they’re about how it seems, not about it what it is ultimately. When we make claims about what it ultimately is we’re either in the realm where physics and psychology intersect or in the realm of metaphysics. In the first instance it seems we need controlled experiments and in the second it seems there’s no possible way to ground our speculation.”

This is credible.

This is partly credible but mostly incredible

No matter how we use this energy to do our own thinking, yes, doubtful to ever be resolved. However, being the optimist I am, I believe we can keep inching closer once people learn to accept that we’re dealing with intelligent energy which I am not labeling any such God. Again, no God label. I am only edging us closer to understanding, not providing full understanding.

Truth is stranger than fiction.-Mark Twain

So true, Wendy, and the incredible fictional part that has been called scifi, has turned into truth, literally bringing sci-fi into the realm of parapsychology, or another way to describe metaphysics.

For instance, in the case of Mark Twain, considered by many to be one in eight of the greatest psychics who ever lived:

"Mark Twain predicted the Internet and social media

In an 1898 story, Mark Twain appears to have accurately predicted the Internet. The story called From The ‘London Times’ in 1904, is thoroughly set five years in the future (at the time).

It centers around a young inventor who develops a device called the telelectroscope. The device, as it turns out, sounds very familiar to us today indeed:

“As soon as the Paris contract released the telelectroscope, it was delivered to public use and was soon connected with the telephonic systems of the whole world. The improved ‘limitless-distance’ telephone was presently introduced and the daily doings of the globe made visible to everybody, and audibly discussable too, by witnesses separated by any number of leagues.”

So true, Wendy, and the incredible fictional part that has been called scifi, has turned into truth, literally bringing sci-fi into the realm of parapsychology, or another way to describe metaphysics.

For instance, in the case of Mark Twain, considered by many to be one in eight of the greatest psychics who ever lived:

In an 1898 story, Mark Twain appears to have accurately predicted the Internet. The story called From The ‘London Times’ in 1904, is thoroughly set five years in the future (at the time).

It centers around a young inventor who develops a device called the telelectroscope. The device, as it turns out, sounds very familiar to us today indeed:

“As soon as the Paris contract released the telelectroscope, it was delivered to public use and was soon connected with the telephonic systems of the whole world. The improved ‘limitless-distance’ telephone was presently introduced and the daily doings of the globe made visible to everybody, and audibly discussable too, by witnesses separated by any number of leagues.”

Well, I claim that humans are only semi-conscious with limited perception but that doesn’t mean we can’t accurately dream of the future.

quote=“WendyDarling”]

Well, I claim that humans are only semi-conscious with limited perception but that doesn’t mean we can’t accurately dream of the future.
[/quote]
Most people can’t in the wider sense. Just like with horses with their blinders on, but even those under tremendous and seemingly unbbearable duress, can open their doors of perception. Sometimes, they are obliged, with having no exit otherwise.

For some drugs will do it, for others the actual need becomes a real drug of choice.

what are thoughts made of?

[/quote]
I’d add that while humans possess their physical bodies, they are limited(distracted) by their senses(scientifically accepted sensory apparatus).

Meditation leading to OBEs reveals that much to do with our “minds” remains unidentified.

No wonder your posts are full of verbal diorreah.

Unless you’re a being of pure light on earth, the brain is meat that can be manipulated.

We made it that way.

This is part of the plan.

Being of light? Pure light?

We made meat brains to be manipulated…why?