Love doesn't happen by chance or does it?

For the majority of us, love is the one part of our lives we believe happens to us solely by chance.

For years passion was not considered a solid basis for marriage until recently.

Here we must exercise caution. When two people instantly fall in love, they are in love with an idealised concept of each other, which eventually, nearly always, ends in disaster.

How many of us would put in the effort needed to keep a relationship going when one person cheats on the other?

What about physical attraction. Yes. It is important, but too much of a good thing, can turn into a bad thing and instead of love it is lust. I chuckle here as some may disagree vehemently with this.

Does it make sense to enter into an aranged marriage where both parties can learn to love each other gradually and travel on solid ground.

I dont believe we have one person only for us. Our soulmate. That is for the poet and his/her muse.

Should we wait around hoping for our true love to happen upon us.

Should we use our common sense and plan for it, like we plan for a career, or anything else, reject the fairytale aspect of it.

Some are quite content without it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGpFcHTxjZs[/youtube]

Whoever said that a person could only have one soulmate? :confused:

obsrvr524 wrote:

Samuel Taylor Coleridge was a leader of the British Romantic movement and also fond of creating new words, many of which we still use today, one of which is soulmate, below is an excerpt from Letters, Conversations, and Recollections of S.T. Coleridge, 1822

“The use of soulmate didn’t take off until the 1980s, although it’s not clear why. Perhaps it was due to a 1980 edition of Carl Jung’s The Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious which mentions man having a soul-mate “somewhere in the upper world”.

“Love is a social disease.” Bon Jovi

Love does not happen by chance.

You have to take risks. When you hide indoors, shy away, never speak your mind, you cannot blame anybody else for your own misfortune. I feel pity for those who ‘lose’ at life in this way. There are countless among the populace, who are too scared to touch Love, and never feel it in their lives.

John Bon Blowme is a clown, motor D. Let the maestro explain…

youtu.be/3nQeYoYn03s

Shieldmaiden, it’s okay to want a Man in your life. This is an open forum, we are all here for each other’s feelings.

It’s okay to be vulnerable.

Prom is waiting…

Do you get a trophy in Heaven for winning at life?

Like Jack Nicholson said in the movie About Schmidt, when I die and everyone that knew me dies, it will be just like I never existed.

There isn’t some everlasting memory of being proud of your life after you die, there is no memory and it doesn’t matter if you lived a great life or a dull one. You can’t know stuff as it happens real time, you can only know what happened in the past, and once dead, there is no knowing or memory of the past.

Life is a playground for the rich and a nightmare for the poor. Death is the equalizer.

Love is what make’s Man’s soul immortal; Love lives beyond life.

The tragedy of life is that many, or most of humanity, will die without having ever experiencing it. For you to gloss over this, is quite heartless.

I couldn’t care less what he is, but the quote I posted is true. Love is a social disease. It’s more like a mental illness than anything. There’s a fine line between love and hate. You are more likely to be killed by your spouse than some random person.

Kinda cynical isn’t it?

You should have your condition evaluated by a professional.

For you to live in a fantasy world of believing that your love lasts beyond death is a type of mental illness.

So your parents die, and you are not a remnant of what they created?

You die, and existence goes with you??

When I die there is no me. I’m not dead somewhere thinking about what a great life I once had. That is absurd!

Motor D, I feel like your skepticism toward love is a bit excessive, and I get the impression that perhaps you’ve had your heart broken a time or two. If so, I would again refer you to the wisdom of the maestro so that you might find some guidance.

youtu.be/RrKKt6NprVM

Urwrongx1000 wrote"

What does that mean?

It means that you’ll remember those impressions and cherish them the most in life.

And that inspiration will pass onto your children. It’s the passion, the zest, the lust, the love of life. It’s the power of biology.

Urwrongx1000 wrote:

No, that was not my question…

I asked Love is what make’s Man’s soul immortal

I note the capital M, you have such a grandiose sense of self, Urwrong.

Look, you asked, I answered. It seems to me you suffer the common plight of Modern woman, scared to take risks with men.

You need to open yourself to vulnerability if you want to receive a Man’s love. It’s not a word thing. It’s a feel thing.

Good luck.