What are you doing? (Part 1)

“If I may ask, how much did that house set you back?”

Well she set me back some’ers between seventy and a hunerd grand. This is the contribution I made… the other employees contributed about the same, give’er take.

Shit. Thats a lot of money to fork over to a guy you dont like. I gather you do like him and you were just playing around scolding him for his belly. What is this, a commune youre starting with a nominal figurehead for administrative purposes?

What pisses me off is that I cant claim his family as dependents on my taxes, and yet I pay all their bills. Its senseless.

Holy shit you just gave me a breakthrough. That’s it. That’s a theoretically workable concept that we can at least try for a few terms to see what happens to the economy.

We keep the psuedo-freemarket crony nanny capitalism but wage and salary earners PAY ABSOLUTELY NO TAX ON NUTHIN. not even sales or property tax. Why? Because they already contribute to the welfare of some portion of the public, namely those capitalists who buy their labor.

Well, Jesus loves you for it.

Fer sure. This has been my plan all the time. Taxation on private persons is obviously barbaric.

Warm, sweet coffee, Vivaldi’s complete viola concertos, I’m fucking ready.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1GCIlPUANE[/youtube]

It’s not L’Arte Dell’Arco, but it will do.

moar coffee ffs

_
I’ve run out of coffee, so thank goodness I had a stash of green-tea teabags in the refreshments cupboard… to have with my morning (scrambled) eggs. One cup of caffeinated beverage a day is more than enough for me, as any more than that, and my steady incline becomes a swift decline into fatigue and insomnia.
_
I really dislike online meetings, especially on Mondays… or on any other day of the week. :laughing:

Having not done so in many weeks, I really think I should do some sun-salutations and unweighted strength-training… once I get out of this bathroom.

Is it not sensible to accept only extreme indulgence or absolute abstinence?

Not for me… as far as coffee and caffeine are concerned, no… or, as some song or other goes, they do ‘bad things to me’ when my one-a-day caffeine hit isn’t adhered to. Other than that, it wouldn’t be a matter either way… in indulging or abstaining, in all and any things.

You may have a point. Still, I may go for a third cuppa today.

_
Every-so often I have a second cup, but it’s only every-so often… otherwise that slippery slope of fatigue appears, and I, gravitate towards it. :laughing:

My second cuppa of the day is mainly a Chinese oolong detox tea, that is helping me get out of a very long slump. It doesn’t taste bad, neither. ; )

Nothing wrong in having coffees throughout the day, if they don’t lead you to a slope. lol

I go through boom and bust cycles.

I also finally recently learned the English word for flor de Jamaica, hibiscus tea, so often I supplement also with that. A single small spoon of sugar will do, it’s great at nights. But even the fanciest shmamsiest hibiscus up here has nothing on the 2 cents flor de jamaica in the Caribbean. Still, I’m not complaining.

Time for some hibiscus.

_
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibiscus_tea

[b]Americas[edit]

A glass of cold agua de flor de Jamaica in a Cuernavaca restaurant

Bag of flor de Jamaica calyces from Mexico
Agua de flor de Jamaica, also called agua de Jamaica and rosa de Jamaica, is popular in Mexico, Central America, and parts of South America and the Caribbean. It is one of several common aguas frescas, which are inexpensive beverages typically made from fresh juices or extracts. Jamaica and other aguas frescas are commonly found in taquerias, or other Mexican restaurants. It is usually prepared by steeping the calyces, along with ginger (in Jamaica), in boiling water, straining the mixture, pressing the calyces (to squeeze all the juice out), adding sugar, sometimes clove, cinnamon and a little white rum (in Jamaica), and stirring. It is served chilled, and in Jamaica this drink is a tradition at Christmas, served with fruit cake or potato pudding.[3]

In Panama, both the flowers and the drink are called saril (a derivative of the English word sorrel). It is prepared by picking and boiling the calyces with chopped ginger, sugar, clove, cinnamon, and nutmeg. It is traditionally drunk around Christmas and Chinese New Year, diverging from Mexico and Central America and much more in line with the Caribbean, due to the strong West Indian influence in Panamanian culture especially in Panama City and most of Panama’s Caribbean coast.

In the English-speaking Caribbean, the drink, called sorrel, is made from the calyces, and it is considered an integral part of Christmas celebrations. The Caribbean Development Company, a Trinidad and Tobago brewery, produces a Sorrel Shandy in which the tea is combined with beer.

In American soul-food culture, hibiscus tea is included in a category of “red drinks” associated with West Africa, and is commonly served in soul-food restaurants and at African-American social events.[4][/b]
_

Ah, I know it as sorrel… never knew it could be from hibiscus, as it’s also made from green sorrel leaves. Who knew, huh.

Such teas are said to be slightly psychotropic, and the Oolong does seem to offer a bit of a lift. : )

I don’t know about the other stuff, I just drink straight hibiscus. And I drink it hot, as I would tea or coffee. And it does have a calming effect, but I’m not sitting here looking at elves or anything.

Very pleasant. Citrusy.

_
Lol

Well… I am a self+confessed lightweight, with such things… so that may be why it gets me ‘on one’.

Lol. Maybe I have to try oolong tea.

_
It’s a special blend that includes hemp and lotus… amongst other types of leaves.

Funnily enough, hibiscus and lotus teas are on my to-buy list. I hear that lotus is most psychotic indeed, in giving one a very good lift.

Lol, then maybe I should steer clear of it. I’m happy with the kicks I get from hibiscus, coffee and cigars.