What are you doing? (Part 1)

Look, what you have done:

:eusa-naughty:

But a really beautiful flower he has. Also a typical American house to blow away (okay). And the trees are already green (light green). What degree of latitude is the house on?

(psst. that’s the old deck that I tore down, GA.)

I MIGHT finish it tomorrow. If I do imma post a pic. It’ll be an identical copy but two feet longer.

Hey but yo real talk I’ve never done that angled wrap-around bench style before. What u do is take some pics and save one of those vertical rail pieces for a pattern to cut the new ones (fuck figuring all those angles). The rest is easy. I’ll run through those rails because there’s no pickets. Take me about an hour.

He’s Killin me on the deck boards though cuz he wants em skrewed and that takes five times as long as using a nail gun.

But see I’m good on that because why… because there’s no pickets.

Now check this out. I found a database that collects information submitted by contractors and customers about average prices for deck building in the county. I found that the average price per square foot for non composite decking is $15. This means that I charged this dude less than half of what he’d expect to pay otherwise (that’s why he jumped at my quote).

I just found this site yesterday and my jaw dropped. I had no idea what these averages were because I’ve always worked for an hourly wage. To me, building that deck in two days for about $400 would seem and sound legit… until I find out what these fuckers are charging. I had no idea how badly I was raped until last night. I even called the exploited construction worker’s hotline and everything.

So now I’m just dumbfounded. I’ll make a grand in about two days and even that is a fraction of what I could actually get.

From now on I’m using the site with my customers to show them the average numbas. Then I shoot just below the average by a few hundred and I get a good lick.

This deck I’m doing is a 2,200 dollar deck. That’s just stupid. If I made that much in two days I’d go full retard.

That was the wind! :laughing:

Why are the trees already green there? Here is not much green in the trees yet.

Good luck!

Fuckin photosynthesis or some shit how the fuck do i know? Do I look like a fuckin botanist to you, pal?

streamable.com/kxcevg

I’m kidding they’re not that heavy… but you gotta watch construction workers because they always pretend the shit is harder than it really is to draw sympathy from u.

Imma get her done Monday, shirley. I’ve been so stoned all day I could hardly read a tape measure.

Okay, so I have some pathetic looking carrots to add to the spindly broccoli, tomatoes, and cabbage. The basil is trying. This gardening stuff is stressful. How can people enjoy the pressure of keeping the plants alive? Relaxing? Not even a bit I tell ya. I check on these plants ten times a day, praying they live for cryin out loud.

4:30 am. I’m trying to get the blues but I’m too stoned to remember where it is.

streamable.com/7h9qf5

yo somebody put something on this. Dave Matthews and co could do it (and they could… make thousands of dollars off that simple riff alone). I already hear the drums and bass in my head. hold some ambient synth chords in the back maybe even bend the pitch or something.

vocaroo.com/1cFIbihTCLj6

That stumble on what is so basic and fundamental to understanding and knowing whole steps and where they are, is really quite embarrassing and betrays the limits of my musical competence… something that kinda plateaued when I was thirtyish.

The only thing saving me from this terrible gaff… really rather ironic… is my ability to spontaneously find and hold without forgetting (hopefully) some neatly designed little set if licks and repeat them, forming a melody. This is always and without exception accidental for me; my memory is so bad - I am overwhelmed by how many notes there are - that each time I pick up the guitar, it is new again in a sense. Like I have to fiddle around and find shit that I should already know and have committed to memory having played for so long. I regret my lack of dedication to learning music when around me all my peers and band mates were well advanced in this and deserved and musician who knew wtf he was doing and could do it twice on purpose rather than accidentally.

credit can only be given to the dexterity and endurance my hands have as a drummer, which gives me a physical advantage over the guitar. But I have very very little understanding of what is happening.

nonetheless, my redemption in this particular case is that dirtyass bar pull off after that first bent note. U gotta get a’hold of her purty tight to sweep them notes like 'at.

(stevie ray smears knows what I’m talkin about)

Lentils are a go! The lettuce is the only thing that’s not made it.

Scheduling a Wed. tune-up on my trike then I’ll post pics of “him.” What to call him?

_
I’ve not even gotten out into the garden yet… I’m still working on the house.

It’s coming along nicely, if a little slower than I’d like.

where did you get this figure? is this published rates or effective rates?

like people who say they take all these taxes from their checks, but then at the end of the year they claim 2 kids, write off mortgage interest etc, then get a return that is greater than the amount that was taken from their checks. those people aren’t actually taxpayers.

38% is like the highest published corporate rate of our lifetimes. im not sure thats a rate for independent contractors. and again, in the case of both corporations and contractors, they aren’t paying published rates. they’re paying an amount, after deductions and credits, that turns out to be a significantly smaller percentage that that published rate.

am i making sense here?

do you actually know someone who has given up half their income in taxes?

like at the end of the year when i do my taxes, i actually end up at the end of the return looking at a real figure of something like 6 or 8 grand that i made that i did not get to keep that went away to taxes.

then someone next door to me who may make the same money, but who has 2 kids and a mortgage and other deductions, can end up getting a check in the mail for an amount greater than what was taken from their checks over the year. this makes them a de facto welfare recipient and it means that they are most certainly not actually paying any taxes when it’s all said and done.

this is pretty common stuff. people with no kids who make a lot of money pay the taxes.

people with kids who make mid range money or less complain about payroll deductions week to week, but are often not actually having to pay anything when it’s all said and done.

that’s the 47 percent that Mitt Romney so famously brought up that time.

once you get everything set up nice and neat and figure out what they want its pretty low maintenance.

Spring cleaning’s been a bitch this year. I’ll never finish. :cry:

just dont ever let things get dirty

Either my memory is shot or I am having a twilight zone episode. You’re right Mr. that my 38% was more than double what it actually is now (15%), but my memory swears it was 38% back in the 90s. Damn scary, my memory or this is some altered repeat which I have noticed happening before but only with movies that had changed and major scenes were left out. Time to take a break from the internet.

My main problem is having too much stuff to organize it properly and meanwhile buying more stuff and not having any idea where it’s gonna go too. Like my gardening adventure, no room for it but I keep buying more pots, soil, and such which has caused major clutter to reappear and the trike being parked in my small living room doesn’t help any either Did cut up and bin a lot of cardboard boxes today, but I’m kinda overwhelmed by my stuff. I know, throw it all out. No!