What's for dinner?

that chef paul prudhomme is the real deal

I recently had fried eggs with mozza cheese.

_
Had a very early dinner… of two pan-fried duck breasts, with a whole courgette sliced in half and cooked with the duck.

I’d like to try all of his seasoning blends. Paul’s seafood seasoning is the bomb while his vegetable seasoning is blah.

This is actually not one of my recipes … this is a family recipe dating back to the late 1800’s

It’s called “corn fritters”

It’s a real thing, trust me… common dish in the 1890’s!

You buy a can of cream corn, and a can of regular corn (strain the regular corn of course), mix it with ground saltine crackers, 2 eggs, 1/3 stick of melted butter, and black pepper to taste. Cook them in butter on a skillet at medium heat (to cook the inside)… they take forever to cook but well worth the wait.

The corn fritter patties are about 4 inches across as round diameters.

They are divine food.

the blackened redfish magic is life

On my list to try.

Making a different version of marzipan, using pecan flour instead of almond flour. How tasty will it be? Let’s see…

Very basic, cut up chicken breast drenched in sambal and olive oil scorched for a short time very hot, on baguette with garlic sauce and lettuce.

_
Had a yummy chicken-wing n vegetable broth yesterday, and a minced-lamb ragu the day before… which I’ll have the remainder of, later today.

There’s enough chicken-wing broth for a few more days… saves on having to cook daily.

Blackened strawberry fraises and honey basted turkey ala duck dumpling wraps

Cotton’s favorite: baked chicken legs

dessert: pistachio pudding topped with cool whip

[Edit: Made the pecan version (trying to avoid lectins)of marzipan and it’s grittier and nuttier than the almond flour version. No way can it be fashioned into shapes, etc. Thumbs down. That’s a wrap.]

California medley mixed with chicken gravy.

_
…gonna have sweet-chilli chicken-wings n oven fries today.

__
Friday’s dinner… pan-griddled chicken legs, double-cooked oven fries, and a chilli-n-thyme oil.

Saturday’s dinner… pan-griddled chicken legs, griddled courgette, and a chilli-n-thyme aioli… couldn’t be bothered to make fries.

I’ll find out when I get to my Cousin’s house.

#stuffed!

87B2F76B-6F3F-4BA2-8DD1-C3D74EFDA258.jpeg

Umm… Subway?

Actually, I don’t really eat carbs much (don’t crave them at all) because of my alcohol consumption.

One weird thing I do because of this is I buy sliced organic smoked turkey meat. Then I buy organic munster cheese and I make a ‘sandwich’ with turkey between two cheese slices with brown mustard in it. No bread.

Baked chicken legs and veggies with the Chef’s seasonings.

White chocolate pudding and chocolate pudding mixed with cool whip.

Eggplant parmesan and pistachio pudding with cool whip.

What’d you say?

cool hhwhip?

Cabbage and bacon crumbles sautéed in butter.

Dessert: strawberry Jello