a thread for mundane ironists

You’ve gone from suicidal to homicidal… what needs to happen?

yap yap yap…

So yap.

Any snarlers in the house? :sunglasses:

Feel better?

[b]Virginia Woolf from The Waves

I need silence, and to be alone and to go out, and to save one hour to consider what has happened to my world, what death has done to my world.[/b]

An hour at least.

On the outskirts of every agony sits some observant fellow who points.

To the cause for example.

I have made up thousands of stories; I have filled innumerable notebooks with phrases to be used when I have found the true story, the one story to which all these phrases refer. But I have never yet found the story.

Unless, of course, that’s the story.

The moment was all; the moment was enough.

Nope, not so far.

But for pain words are lacking.

Actually, you can borrow mine.

These moments of escape are not to be despised. They come too seldom.

I call them distractions, he said, and they come all the time.

[b]Existential Comics

If this site goes down my last tweet will be revealing which of you I secretly hate.[/b]

Same here, of course. Well, if it is of course, of course.

When you think about it, it just makes sense for Elon Musk to own this website. Who better to run Twitter than a narcissistic moron?

Got a few of them here, don’t we?

All the people saying they are going to leave twitter are in for a shock when they discover every other website also totally sucks.

What, even ours?!!
[size=50][I won’t go there if you won’t][/size]

If I see someone driving a Telsa I will be making assumptions about them. A lot of assumptions.

He means Tesla, of course. How embarrassing. Even for a Communist.

No one wants to admit it but the real problem with modern philosophy is that all the good ideas have basically already been thought of.

Not counting the small “d” dasein of course.

I don’t get the controversy around Marvel movies, I mean…they are obviously stupid trash movies that say nothing at best. It’s fine to like them or whatever but come on, be real.

No, as a matter of fact, he snorted, it is not okay to like them.

Are you trying to provoke an argument?

Good luck with that.

muahahahaaa

[b]Sean Carroll

If you believe that the atoms that are inside your brain and your body act differently because they are in a living person than if they were in a rock or a crystal, then what you’re saying is that the laws of physics are wrong.[/b]

Oh well, so much for free will.

Biologists Robert Sapolsky and Lisa Share studied a group of Kenyan baboons who fed off the garbage from a nearby tourist lodge. The clan was dominated by high-status males, and females and lesser males would often go hungry. Then at one point, the clan ate infected meat from the garbage dump, which led to the deaths of most of the dominant males. Afterward, the “personality” of the troop completely changed: individuals were less aggressive, more likely to groom one another, and more egalitarian. This behavior persisted as long as the study continued, for over a decade.

Memes > genes?

Each day, the moon’s gravitational field tugs at the earth as it rotates underneath. At CERN, this tiny stress caused the total length of the LEP tunnel to stretch and contract by about a millimeter (one-twenty-fifth of an inch) every day. Not such a big deal in a seventeen-mile-long beam pipe, but enough to cause a tiny fluctuation in the energy of the electrons and positrons—one that was easily detectable by the high-precision instruments. After some initial puzzlement at the daily energy variations, the CERN physicists quickly figured out what was going on.

Hmm. Remember back when the human race lived in caves…grunting for communication.

Meaning in life can’t be reduced to simplistic mottos. In some number of years I will be dead; some memory of my time here on Earth may linger, but I won’t be around to savor it. With that in mind, what kind of life is worth living?

Meaningless enough for you?

All lives are different, and some face hardships that others will never know. But we all share the same universe, the same laws of nature, and the same fundamental task of creating meaning and of mattering for ourselves and those around us in the brief amount of time we have in the world. Three billion heartbeats. The clock is ticking.

Actually, it’s closer to 2.5 billion. But point taken.

The enigma at the heart of quantum reality can be summed up in a single motto: what we see when we look at the world seems to be fundamentally different from what actually is.

Next up: quantum morality.

[b]The Onion

Report: World’s Lone Non-Telepathic Individual Still Completely Unaware [/b]

Hmm. I wonder if that might be me.

Rock Apparently Factors Into Girlfriend’s Shower Routine

Wrapped in a towel, say.

Trump Disappointed After Holocaust Denier Tells Him Holocaust Never Happened

Time for another one perhaps?

Child Who Just Lost Balloon Begins Lifelong Battle With Depression

One of these though: google.com/search?source=un … =615&dpr=1

FDA Warns Tying Penis Into Knot Only Prevents 73% Of Pregnancies

And only then if it’s long enough, Satyr.
Note to MagsJ:
Did I get that right?
:laughing:

Study Finds Plants Communicate Using Underground Network Of Spies

Ours and theirs.

Are you claiming that I’ve seen Satyr’s male member?

When?

Where?

How?

…what!

And I quote…

"You impotent, tiny weinered, father of a twat, crap-country dwelling, spineless, fake Nazi, incel, you.

Oh that! …that was me merely jesting, with He

He got the jest, gist, on his wish list… of challenges -man asked for it… I delivered. wink

MagsJ and Satyr…iambiguous and Maia: a double wedding?!!

Pick one:

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

[b]Emil M. Cioran from The Trouble with Being Born

I react like everyone else, even like those I most despise; but I make up for it by deploring every action I commit, good or bad.[/b]

This might surprise some, but I wouldn’t go that far.

I am for the most part so convinced that everything is lacking in basis, consequence, justification, that if someone dared to contradict me, even the man I most admire, he would seem to me a charlatan or a fool.

This might surprise some, but I wouldn’t go that far.

If I used to ask myself, over a coffin: “What good did it do the occupant to be born?”, I now put the same question about anyone alive.

And thus the expression, “you need to get laid” was born.

Having destroyed all my connections, burned my bridges, I should feel a certain freedom, and in fact I do. One so intense I am afraid to rejoice in it.

I’ll never stop rejoicing in it myself.

If we could sleep twenty-four hours a day, we would soon return to the primordial slime, the beatitude of that perfect torpor before Genesis—the dream of every consciousness sick of itself.

Pure poetry!

If death had only negative aspects, dying would be an unmanageable action.

Kind of let’s say.

does Satyr know about this? :-s

does Maia know about this? :-s

do I know about this? Oh yea… I do now. :open_mouth:

Well, that’s why I gave you the option to pick one of these:

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :romance-adore: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

gasp! An ILP wedding‽ Say yes! I better be invited!

Of course!

A triple wedding:

MagsJ and Satyr
Maia and iambiguously
Her and Ecmandu

With that, Charles says he doesn’t know where Ec is.

Also, Charles wants a retainer.