Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby Carpophorus » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:02 pm

imaqtpie wrote:Thats like secondary or something girl(I thinks). First and foremost is def tongue usage skills. How on earth do you think lezbs get by?? Sizzoring???


I think hands beat tongues in this respect. Aren't like 50% of oral cancers linked to tongue usage? And it just seems a little wrong to lubricate something that is self-lubricating...
User avatar
Carpophorus
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:29 am

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby Kriswest » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:15 pm

gib wrote:
phoneutria wrote:I make more money than most men I know.


So much for the gender wage gap.

I make just shy of 500$ a week, what is the average in USA?
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20554
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby gib » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:35 pm



phoneutria wrote:People lowball me all the time on job offers, assuming I'll just take it because I'm a woman.


Do you know it's because you're a woman? Have you scientifically compared your offers to others, male and female, within the same range of experience, skill set, education, etc.?

Kriswest wrote:I make just shy of 500$ a week, what is the average in USA?


What's your occupation? Part time or full time? How many years experience? Continuous or intermittent?
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

In fact, the idea that there's more differences between groups than there is between individuals is actually the fundamental racist idea.
- Jordan Peterson

Here's a good rule of thumb for politics--attribute everything to stupidity unless you can prove malice.
- Ben Shapiro

right outta high school i tried to get a job as a proctologist but i couldn't find an opening.
- promethean75

Ahh... gib, zombie universes are so last year! I’m doing hyper dimensional mirror realities now.
- Ecmandu
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9073
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby phoneutria » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:32 pm

Carpophorus wrote:
phoneutria wrote:
gib wrote:
So much for the gender wage gap.


There's still a gap. People lowball me all the time on job offers, assuming I'll just take it because I'm a woman. Makes negotiating a lot more difficult.


The gender pay gap is a myth as has been proven many times over. You only contrive a pay gap by deliberately using an inappropriate average.


No.
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby phoneutria » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:36 pm

gib wrote:

phoneutria wrote:People lowball me all the time on job offers, assuming I'll just take it because I'm a woman.


Do you know it's because you're a woman? Have you scientifically compared your offers to others, male and female, within the same range of experience, skill set, education, etc.?



Yeah.
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby Kriswest » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:40 pm

Gib, average is less than 40 hours a week. I do work 7 days a week. I care for animals. Experience? On the job training. I knew about cats and dogs to a degree but, not nearly what I do now and that goes for the other species in my charge. Its a great job. Learning, love, laughter, pain, grief, devotion. I am damn lucky to have such employers, I know that.
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20554
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby gib » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:40 am

phoneutria wrote:
gib wrote:Do you know it's because you're a woman? Have you scientifically compared your offers to others, male and female, within the same range of experience, skill set, education, etc.?



Yeah.


Allrightythen.

Kriswest wrote:Gib, average is less than 40 hours a week. I do work 7 days a week. I care for animals. Experience? On the job training. I knew about cats and dogs to a degree but, not nearly what I do now and that goes for the other species in my charge. Its a great job. Learning, love, laughter, pain, grief, devotion. I am damn lucky to have such employers, I know that.


Couldn't find much on the internet, Kris, but according to this site you're getting paid about the average.

This notwithstanding the little information I'm going on--example: would you classify yourself as "veterinary technologist"? Are any of these figures before taxes or after? How many years experience is this average based on? Is this a national average, and if so, should we be using that as the standard or should we narrow it down to the state level or the local community?
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

In fact, the idea that there's more differences between groups than there is between individuals is actually the fundamental racist idea.
- Jordan Peterson

Here's a good rule of thumb for politics--attribute everything to stupidity unless you can prove malice.
- Ben Shapiro

right outta high school i tried to get a job as a proctologist but i couldn't find an opening.
- promethean75

Ahh... gib, zombie universes are so last year! I’m doing hyper dimensional mirror realities now.
- Ecmandu
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9073
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby phoneutria » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:09 am

Anyway, there's a thread for this subj, no?
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby Kriswest » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:21 am

Actually, animal nanny is what I would call what I do. I have had to learn veterinary information and procedures, but, while it is a big part, the main part is love and care.
I never had the formal schooling a vet tech needs, I did on the job training. I work for a family. I have had this scale of pay from the start. From cleaning bird cages twice a week for maybe a hundred to now. I have worked longer and harder for alot less . I do count education as a benefit. And that near to five is after taxes.
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20554
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby Kriswest » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:23 am

phoneutria wrote:Anyway, there's a thread for this subj, no?

:) like this thread has never been derailed before...
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20554
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby gib » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:01 am

phoneutria wrote:Anyway, there's a thread for this subj, no?


Yes, in fact by yours truly: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=180515

Kriswest wrote:Actually, animal nanny is what I would call what I do. I have had to learn veterinary information and procedures, but, while it is a big part, the main part is love and care.
I never had the formal schooling a vet tech needs, I did on the job training. I work for a family. I have had this scale of pay from the start. From cleaning bird cages twice a week for maybe a hundred to now. I have worked longer and harder for alot less . I do count education as a benefit. And that near to five is after taxes.


Well, shit, that's impossible to find on the internet... and working for a family no less--well, that's not gonna find its way into anyone's statistics.

But good for you anyway. Your attitude is just stellar.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

In fact, the idea that there's more differences between groups than there is between individuals is actually the fundamental racist idea.
- Jordan Peterson

Here's a good rule of thumb for politics--attribute everything to stupidity unless you can prove malice.
- Ben Shapiro

right outta high school i tried to get a job as a proctologist but i couldn't find an opening.
- promethean75

Ahh... gib, zombie universes are so last year! I’m doing hyper dimensional mirror realities now.
- Ecmandu
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9073
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby phoneutria » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:39 am

gibby, your thread is about feminism and sexism, and the link you posted regards to wage gap due to employer discrimination.
I don't mean to get into the merits of whether or not discrimination exists. Only the hard fact that a wage gap exists between sexes.
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:06 am

I have a penis and i make so much money that its embarrasing sometimes. All my girlfriends for the most part have been unemployed and made no money at all. Pure science. Guys get paid more.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28461
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby gib » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:44 am

phoneutria wrote:gibby, your thread is about feminism and sexism, and the link you posted regards to wage gap due to employer discrimination.


Yes, I thought it would be an appropriate thread for this discussion. No?

I also started this one--more to the point but fizzled out in a pathetic death--not much substance worth any value I'm afraid:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=180537

phoneutria wrote:I don't mean to get into the merits of whether or not discrimination exists. Only the hard fact that a wage gap exists between sexes.


Oh, well, if that's all you meant, then yeah, there's a wage gap--a huge one... (I think).
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

In fact, the idea that there's more differences between groups than there is between individuals is actually the fundamental racist idea.
- Jordan Peterson

Here's a good rule of thumb for politics--attribute everything to stupidity unless you can prove malice.
- Ben Shapiro

right outta high school i tried to get a job as a proctologist but i couldn't find an opening.
- promethean75

Ahh... gib, zombie universes are so last year! I’m doing hyper dimensional mirror realities now.
- Ecmandu
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9073
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby Historyboy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:39 am

You bring them the Overman and they say "sorry, we only accept Americans here."
Life is will to power. - Nietzsche; Culture is and gives power and strength - Vollgraff; The only attribute of the mind is that he is powerful. - Aristotle; Mind is dragging us into the future and the heart into the present. - Aristotle; Those who can foresee deeds are born to rule and those who need to do them are born as slaves. - Aristotle; So, what is an aristocrat? He needs to be powerful, that means to be excellent in foreseeing things! - Me; The highest honor belongs to that one who is able to predict the moves of the enemy commander. - Machiavelli; If you want that what you have inherited to possess, you need to deserve it. - Goethe; Culture, which means exactly learning to calculate, learning to think causally, learning to prevent, learning to believe in necessity. - Nietzsche. [Autumn 1887, 10 [21]]; Morals in the narrow sense is the belief that the deeds of the ancestors will be transferred to the descendants. - Nietzsche
Historyboy
Thinker
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:16 am

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby phoneutria » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:45 am

Maybe the overman should try being less of a dickhead ;)
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby Historyboy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:54 am

Everything has its opposite. Even whites are guilty for them being black. Every success is frustrating somehow.
Life is will to power. - Nietzsche; Culture is and gives power and strength - Vollgraff; The only attribute of the mind is that he is powerful. - Aristotle; Mind is dragging us into the future and the heart into the present. - Aristotle; Those who can foresee deeds are born to rule and those who need to do them are born as slaves. - Aristotle; So, what is an aristocrat? He needs to be powerful, that means to be excellent in foreseeing things! - Me; The highest honor belongs to that one who is able to predict the moves of the enemy commander. - Machiavelli; If you want that what you have inherited to possess, you need to deserve it. - Goethe; Culture, which means exactly learning to calculate, learning to think causally, learning to prevent, learning to believe in necessity. - Nietzsche. [Autumn 1887, 10 [21]]; Morals in the narrow sense is the belief that the deeds of the ancestors will be transferred to the descendants. - Nietzsche
Historyboy
Thinker
 
Posts: 790
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:16 am

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:05 pm

Overman talk is so freshman year.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28461
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby AutSider » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:12 pm

Equality of opportunity is what matters, that of course doesn't guarantee the results will be equal.

Women always seem to complain how it's mostly men on the top, but seem to overlook how it's also mostly men at the bottom too.

Sure, most powerful people in the world are male. So are the ones with the most physically demanding, dangerous and poorly paid jobs.
User avatar
AutSider
BANNED
 
Posts: 3337
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:19 pm

I have a penis and i make so much money that its embarrasing sometimes.

lol What about the woman - who has no penis -and makes the same amount of money doing what you do?

All my girlfriends for the most part have been unemployed and made no money at all
.
You need to widen the scope of your female social circle. Why haven't you?

Pure science. Guys get paid more.

That's not science. That's barely tunnel vision. :mrgreen:
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."


"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."


“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 15689
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: A state of unknowing

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby Carpophorus » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:01 pm

phoneutria wrote:
phoneutria wrote:
Carpophorus wrote:
There's still a gap. People lowball me all the time on job offers, assuming I'll just take it because I'm a woman. Makes negotiating a lot more difficult.


The gender pay gap is a myth as has been proven many times over. You only contrive a pay gap by deliberately using an inappropriate average.


No.


Great argument. Now show me that mythical place where women are paid less for doing the same, you know, despite all of the legislation which makes it illegal. Makes you wonder why companies don't just hire women and slash their wage bill. Or maybe the contribution they make isn't as 'equal' as we are told to think it is.
User avatar
Carpophorus
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:29 am

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby phoneutria » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:09 pm

shoo troll... shooo shooooo
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby Carpophorus » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:17 pm

phoneutria wrote:gibby, your thread is about feminism and sexism, and the link you posted regards to wage gap due to employer discrimination.
I don't mean to get into the merits of whether or not discrimination exists. Only the hard fact that a wage gap exists between sexes.


Ah well we can now be sure to note that when you say 'hard fact' what you mean is 'intentionally misleading propaganda' or perhaps 'lie'.

Educate yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrbS537nnso&list=PLytTJqkSQqtr7BqC1Jf4nv3g2yDfu7Xmd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfw1Lr116wk

Notice how the White House spokesman tries to apply the correct, unbiased standard to explain away the 'pay gap' in his own house but it is not permitted to apply this standard to the rest of the economy. A pay gap will always exist because women don't work the hardest jobs, retire earlier, take breaks for childbirth and raising children, go into fields with less financial reward and work less hours per week. But maybe you would just prefer to believe the lie than accept that you are not near the top of your field?
User avatar
Carpophorus
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:29 am

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby Carpophorus » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:20 pm

phoneutria wrote:shoo troll... shooo shooooo


That isn't very nice you dopey tart.
User avatar
Carpophorus
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:29 am

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby phoneutria » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:14 pm

Nobody hires illegal immigrants either, to cut wage expenses... because it's illegal you know ;)

Just pick one of the related threads and post this on there okay? I may even join if I'm feeling particularly stupid.
There's the two gib posted above, and there is this one, that even has the proper title viewtopic.php?f=1&t=186584
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users