Post your favorite quotes and expressions here

The happiness is not a feeling, it’s a personal decision

streamable.com/45huk9

“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.”

Teilhard de Chardin

“The split in you is clear.There is a part of you that knows what it should do, and a part that does what it feels like doing”

From ‘Self Rescue’ by
John Cantwell Kiley

“The world is full of people who are educated beyond their intelligence.” anonymous dad

I did not see much tolerance and apathy in Nazi Germany.

Plato_Sophist_244a.jpg
Plato, Sophist, 244 a.

To succeed in life you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone.-Reba McEntire

:violence-bomb:

A moment of patience in a moment of anger will save you a hundred moments of regret.-Buddha

“What is our life but this dance of transient forms? Isn’t everything always changing: the leaves on the trees in the park, the light in your room as you read this, the seasons, the weather, the time of day, the people passing you in the street? And what about us? Doesn’t everything we have done in the past seem like a dream now? The friends we grew up with, the childhood haunts, those views and opinions we once held with such single-minded passion: We have left them all behind. Now, at this moment, reading this book seems vividly real to you. Even this page will soon be only a memory.”
― Sogyal Rinpoche, The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying

A calm mind is the ultimate weapon against any challenge in life- Buddha

[i]“History Doesn’t Repeat Itself, but It Often Rhymes.”

Mark Twain[/i]

A lotta truth to that, Gloom…

When I see an animal feeding in the forest, when I see a child at play, when I see a man at work or sport, but above all when I myself am working or playing, where are the problems with which my mind has been torturing itself unnecessarily? We do not understand the world when we are pondering over its problems, but when we are doing the world’s work.

• Hans Vaihinger

The man who lives in a small community lives in a much larger world.
He knows much more of the fierce variety and uncompromising divergences of people. In a large community, you can choose your companions. In a small community, your companions are chosen for you. Thus in all extensive and highly civilized society groups come into existence founded upon sympathy, and shut out the real world more sharply than the gates of a monastery. There is nothing really narrow about the clan; the thing which is really narrow is the clique.

• G.K. Chesterton

Observe constantly that all things take place by change, and accustom thyself to consider that the nature of the Universe loves nothing so much as to change the things which are, and to make new things like them.

Marcus Aurelius

Dr. Gene Ray, Timecube extraordinaire, of timecube.2enp.com/

My favorite quote. LOL

The world is at least four-layered.

Patience is bitter but it’s fruit is sweet.

Sometimes when something or someone seems too good to be true, it and they are still true.