An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:14 am

Steven Pinker thinks there's some kind of balance, he sugar coats it by saying that men have more extreme phenotypes than women, that they will be the dumbest on the planet and the smartest on the planet and women are more balanced in their intelligence... when you're talking an exponential difference in intelligence between 10 IQ points, it doesn't seem very balanced to me. The most accurate measure of intelligence on IQ tests in terms of predictive outcome is spatial IQ. So I think it is you who have more to learn.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11069
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

Postby MagsJ » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:14 am

Artimas wrote:IQ is everything! Not really. Creativity is more important.

Why not a mixture.. a triage of attributes? I doubt that any one sole attribute would be the glean in the eye of the most intelligent.

I think it's a case of extrovert exuberance Vs introvert boundaries and nothing more, so a fuss over nothing? Yes!
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 20912
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:18 am

Amorphos wrote:
It's called size of parts of the organ and nerve fiber density. I think you have more to learn, besides, we know from IQ tests that this is a fact.


IQ test tell us only how quickly people can do rudimentary maths. A calculator can do much better but has tiny brain size. I know that there are no male or female parts of the brain and that heads the same size hold the same size brain. Are you saying that nerve fibre density is greater in brains the same size but of a different sex? and that if true, then female brains wouldn't have other aspects of the brain to compensate or are we talking gaps again.


Male brains on average have larger and more dense...

"Einstein had twice as many glial cells as normal males — the discovery caused an international sensation as well as scientific criticism.

What are glial cells? Previously, scientists believe that neurons were responsible for thinking and glial cells were support cells in the brain. Now Researchers believe the glial cells play a critical role in brain development, learning, memory, aging and disease."
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11069
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:21 am

I was looking for the part of the brain, that was also twice as large but couldn't find it... it's the one associated with spatial memory. Unfortunately my memory IQ is in (or less than) the 1 percentile. I'll keep looking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11069
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

Postby Amorphos » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:27 am

Ecmandu
If you took two groups of men and separated them for 2,000 years, one not be allowed access to knowledge and the other does have access, they would develop different intellectual specialisations. They would both have the same brain size with a different utility of that ~ it stands to reason. ...women are similar to that.

IQ is information based, id argue that humans higher intellectual functions are in how the speech cortex talks with the visual cortex. Y’know like with visualisation, how some people with aspergers can do complex maths in some bazaar visual manner. Look into your own mind, the higher function is more fluid and expressive, conceptual objects interact then invention, inspiration, art, music and everything that makes humans better than machines happens.

look, physically the brain is just a bunch of multiswitches and connections, that doesn't explain the whole of the intellect especially as there is no way to correlate information as we know it with electrical or other signals. how can a concept be a signal?
Last edited by Amorphos on Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
User avatar
Amorphos
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7052
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: infinity

Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

Postby Arminius » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:28 am

Amorphos wrote:None of that made any sense and I don’t know why you would talk to a lady like that. It sounds like she deleted what she wrote because perhaps she felt it was provocative? I am bias because she’s a friend, yet you are a good poster too.

"None of" what? And "like" what? Amorphos, I do not know what your point is. You haven't read my last post, have you? Please read it! Probably and unfortunately you don't know what she wrote and what I wrote some days ago, because - unfortunately - Mags has deleted the posts (but I have the copies!). And why should I response to this nonsense in general? Can you tell me that? And why do you not write me a pm? Is this thread the "thread of the Last Judgement" or the "ILP kindergarten thread"?

There is no problem at all, except an ballooned one. I hope we can call it "Problem Descending" (do you have humor?), because now it is still a "Problem Arising". But why should I care about it? it is an almost empty problem, Amorphos!

Amorphos wrote:Why was there a need for your emotional outburst if you don’t want to be part of it? Why the need to act in such a way regardless of the content of the argument.


If you really (really!) want to know why she had that emotional outburst, then read my post above or/and write me a pm! Do you not know that also princesses are able to insult?

Howsoever, Amorphos, I hope I get some texts from you.

Hey ...(?) ...!

Amorphos wrote:
A Shieldmaiden wrote:
MagsJ wrote:Not at all honey, and don't swear at me... control your temper won't you. You could have just said that you copied the article title word for word, but you chose to swear at me? and, from the look of your photo, you're the lazy one not

Got a chip on your shoulder.
Are you black?
I thought so.
Now fuck off. Idiot.

Wow, is it really possible for human beings to think like that.

Be very careful, dear Amorphos: she is a "lady"! :wink:

MagsJ wrote:
Arminius wrote:Mags, you would have done better, if you had not deleted the posts. Is it okay, if I quote some of them?

They were way off-topic.. hence the deletions, but I see no reason why you shouldn't quote them, so please feel free to.

Thanks, I had already quoted and then deleted them in this thread (not in my personal computer), because I thought that you would delete them again. :lol:

I do not know what I am going to do in this case, because this ballooned problem of nearly nothing is a strange experience.
Last edited by Arminius on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:41 am, edited 7 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:32 am

Amorphos wrote:Ecmandu
If you took two groups of men and separated them for 2,000 years, one not be allowed access to knowledge and the other does have access, they would develop different intellectual specialisations. They would both have the same brain size with a different utility of that ~ it stands to reason. ...women are similar to that.

IQ is information based, id argue that humans higher intellectual functions are in how the speech cortex talks with the visual cortex. Y’know like with visualisation, how some people with aspergers can do complex maths in some bazaar visual manner. Look into your own mind, the higher function is more fluid and expressive, conceptual objects interact then invention, inspiration, art, music and everything that makes humans better than machines happens.


Spatial IQ is the number one indicator for reality orientation and success in reality (hence why men basically have all the inventions)... they are also really the ones most interested in philosophy, (discussions about reality orientation), and are also better at making logically sound debates. Because just like they are on average TALLER than women, they ON AVERAGE have higher spatial IQ's than women. That's why men speak several thousand words a day less than women do, just like Einstein didn't start speaking until he was 5 years old and everyone thought he was retarded, I didn't start speaking until 5 as well.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11069
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

Postby Amorphos » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:49 am

Arminius

None of what?,


There was some writing in red and blue, but i couldn’t understand it.

Do you not know that also princesses are able to Insult?


Believe me mate i just come out of a marriage with that problem [the 'poor me' i am a female thing], some women think they are in the right and plead to other males as means of gaining strength they don’t have. I just don’t think arc is like that.

You are right that i have missed the conversation, perhaps it was in the religion section that i haven’t been to lately. It all seems childish so i would rather not know the details, i am just saying that i hope i wouldn’t talk to a lady like that, should i not be a gentleman?

Ecmandu

That's why men speak several thousand words a day less than women do, just like Einstein didn't start speaking until he was 5 years old and everyone thought he was retarded, I didn't start speaking until 5 as well.


Me too. Yet isn’t language and communication the very thing that humans have and other creatures don’t, so assumedly it is the higher [human] function [very general I know]. A computer which can communicate in a faster or more dexterous manner than another, is a better computer, no?
_
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
User avatar
Amorphos
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7052
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: infinity

Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:03 am

Amorphos wrote:Arminius

None of what?,


There was some writing in red and blue, but i couldn’t understand it.

Do you not know that also princesses are able to Insult?


Believe me mate i just come out of a marriage with that problem [the 'poor me' i am a female thing], some women think they are in the right and plead to other males as means of gaining strength they don’t have. I just don’t think arc is like that.

You are right that i have missed the conversation, perhaps it was in the religion section that i haven’t been to lately. It all seems childish so i would rather not know the details, i am just saying that i hope i wouldn’t talk to a lady like that, should i not be a gentleman?

Ecmandu

That's why men speak several thousand words a day less than women do, just like Einstein didn't start speaking until he was 5 years old and everyone thought he was retarded, I didn't start speaking until 5 as well.


Me too. Yet isn’t language and communication the very thing that humans have and other creatures don’t, so assumedly it is the higher [human] function [very general I know]. A computer which can communicate in a faster or more dexterous manner than another, is a better computer, no?
_


I'm just saying this isn't a fair debate. Like i said in my first post in this thread, I read all those posts (I didn't even bother to read the OP because I read the sources) and Arcturus started, and is, in this thread, stalking. It doesn't matter the character of the person she is stalking, that is just the basic fact, and she wanted the facts.

Dexterous does not imply number of output, what we're looking for is quality of output. Men have women beat on spatial IQ, and that is the reality orientation part of intelligence. The tallest man in the world is 8'4", WAY taller than any women, the same goes for spatial IQ, the man with the highest spatial IQ exceeds the highest female spatial IQ by at least 50 points, if not more, and 10 points is an exponential jump.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11069
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

Postby Amorphos » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:33 am

is 'stalking' the right word, is English is a second language to you? trying to find something out, isn't the same as stalking. at most its persistent, but stalking would occur usually over an extended period, and cyber-stalking is not in the same league as real life 'stalking'. its your choice of words here that are problematic perhaps.
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
User avatar
Amorphos
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7052
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: infinity

Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:39 am

Amorphos wrote:is 'stalking' the right word, is English is a second language to you? trying to find something out, isn't the same as stalking. at most its persistent, but stalking would occur usually over an extended period, and cyber-stalking is not in the same league as real life 'stalking'. its your choice of words here that are problematic perhaps.


I take cyber-stalking very seriously Amorphos. People commit suicide because of it. I think you need to scale back what you said.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11069
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

Postby Kriswest » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:57 am

Jeez, Arc you are not a stalker my friend.
For everyone : How does the process of making friends and being socially caring work? What is the process? Is this forum about just mechanics or humanity? Every damn one of us is here to socialize and learn. Get a grip and be human/e
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20554
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:47 am

Arcturus Descending wrote:
mr reasonable wrote:Yep. Total stalker.


:lol: Can you elaborate on that, mr. reasonable?



No.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 27028
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

Postby Arminius » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:20 pm

    I begged her six times that she should leave me alone with her childish nonsense, but she did not.
    Image
    User avatar
    Arminius
    ILP Legend
     
    Posts: 5732
    Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
    Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

    Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

    Postby AutSider » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:07 pm

    Promising title - disappointing OP.

    I know nothing about your little stalking incident, but just seeing the length of the OP and the tone of your language, I'm inclined to think that you did act sort of stalker-ish.
    User avatar
    AutSider
    BANNED
     
    Posts: 3337
    Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:04 pm

    Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

    Postby Ierrellus » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:34 pm

    I never saw you as a stalker. You want a good example of a stalker. Try the one that rides my ass.
    "We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
    I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
    From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
    Ierrellus
    ILP Legend
     
    Posts: 12884
    Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:52 pm
    Location: state of evolving

    Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

    Postby AutSider » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:58 pm

    Ierrellus wrote:I never saw you as a stalker. You want a good example of a stalker. Try the one that rides my ass.


    ... What?
    User avatar
    AutSider
    BANNED
     
    Posts: 3337
    Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:04 pm

    Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

    Postby Ierrellus » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:06 pm

    Atheris wrote:
    Ierrellus wrote:I never saw you as a stalker. You want a good example of a stalker. Try the one that rides my ass.


    ... What?

    Lev Muishkin. He follows most of my posts with ad homs. I don't see Arc as doing anything like this.
    "We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
    I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
    From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
    Ierrellus
    ILP Legend
     
    Posts: 12884
    Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:52 pm
    Location: state of evolving

    Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

    Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:27 pm

    Arminius wrote:
      I begged her six times that she should leave me alone with her childish nonsense, but she did not.


      I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, arminius. You will have to copy and paste said "nonsense" over to me. Then, I will read it and decide as to whether or not I can see it and then others can do the same thing. Even so, I am not a stalker but you petty man like to take unfair advantage of a situation. We all need to grow a little humility in our gardens and yes, I do realize that I also have to but I see that you also need to and Wells as well.

      Do you want to know what your above statement just reminded me of -- what came to me ~~ I just saw all of the people in the village coming forth ~~ the herd ~~ and lying about those defenseless human beings being charged with witchcraft.
      Why, because they thought that they could, because they didn't understand their own minds and because they were in the grip of a virus or one might say a growing cancer - bias.

      Again, show me where I stalked you. You really need to pay close attention to the definition of stalker and stalking.

      Here is one:

      stalk2/stôk/
      verb
      1.pursue or approach stealthily.
      2.stride somewhere in a proud, stiff, or angry manner.


      One might consider that that is what you did to me when you accused me of stalking, when you called me a liar, and when you said that I was not a consciousness seeker.

      Here's another definition;

      Stalking definition, the act or an instance of stalking, or harassing another in an
      aggressive, often threatening and illegal manner: Stalking is now a crime in ...


      I never did that - not to you nor Wells nor anyone in here. But I might add that both of you did that to me - calling me a stalker is harrassing in an aggressive manner and calling me a stalker can easily be thought of as threatening since it is threatening to my personhood, my character. And that is the reason that I opened this thread.

      So I will wait for that evidence.
      "Look closely. The beautiful may be small."


      "Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."


      “Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

      Immanuel Kant
      User avatar
      Arcturus Descending
      Consciousness Seeker
       
      Posts: 15689
      Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
      Location: A state of unknowing

      Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

      Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:39 pm

      fuse,

      I would have been confused, and I can see how someone could be weirded out for a moment, but in the end I would probably conclude that the other person was the one confused about me and it'd be something I'd just shrug off. I can't say why exactly it turned out to be such a big deal in this case, I can only speculate. Sometimes people become very defensive when they feel exposed, and the increased drama ends up bringing them even more attention. When it gets to that point, I just go a different way and make sure I'm not feeding silly drama.


      That was also how I felt in the beginning, fuse, and I even went on to explain myself, my personality a bit to Wells so he could make the distinction. I have no idea what Magsj deleted or didn't delete but if I can, I will find that passage and place it in here. And, I was going to leave it alone. As I said somewhere above, I told him that I would not respond to any of his posts as clearly he seemed fearful and also delusional. And that is where it was left - until arminius then called me a stalker and accused me of lying.

      But I will admit to responding to Lev in regard to Wells with the word ad hom a few times and a few more things. But that is just because Wells continued on and on to accuse Lev of ad homs each and every thing that Lev said. At some point, Wells utters an ad hom towards Lev which clearly was an ad hom.
      "Look closely. The beautiful may be small."


      "Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."


      “Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

      Immanuel Kant
      User avatar
      Arcturus Descending
      Consciousness Seeker
       
      Posts: 15689
      Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
      Location: A state of unknowing

      Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

      Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:42 pm

      Ierrellus wrote:I never saw you as a stalker. You want a good example of a stalker. Try the one that rides my ass.

      :lol: I'm not trying to make light of your situation, Ierrellus. I do see him at work with you but I don't think those are actual ad homs either. I think he actually likes and respects you...though it may be difficult to see.
      Thank you, Ierrellus.
      "Look closely. The beautiful may be small."


      "Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."


      “Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

      Immanuel Kant
      User avatar
      Arcturus Descending
      Consciousness Seeker
       
      Posts: 15689
      Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
      Location: A state of unknowing

      Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

      Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:56 pm

      Ecmandu wrote:I didn't even read the OP because I've actually read the original thread and subsequent threads. I think you're blowing it out of proportion Arcturus, he thinks he knows you as another poster (the australian) and you claim that he doesn't, and then eventually he claimed that it wasn't you, and then you kept stalking HIM.


      :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
      Ecmandu, you have it backwards. It was me who thought that he might perhaps be my Australian friend who was once here and then he claimed that he wasn't. Perhaps at that point, I might have left it alone, but I am a curious creature but I still would not have called it STALKING and I don't see myself as really having stepped into his boundaries (as Magsj suggested).
      But if I had known his demeanor and personality, this wouldn't be happening right now. But I did explain myself to him.
      At some point then, he called me a stalker. He might have chosen a more wise word for what was happening but he chose that one - me point accused me of being a stalker. Why he was so fearful I don't know but i have my own ideas. And there is also a method to our madness...and it's the subtle subversive nuances and hidden intentions that I so despite.
      "Look closely. The beautiful may be small."


      "Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."


      “Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

      Immanuel Kant
      User avatar
      Arcturus Descending
      Consciousness Seeker
       
      Posts: 15689
      Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
      Location: A state of unknowing

      Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

      Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:22 pm

      ecmandu,

      I'm just saying this isn't a fair debate. Like i said in my first post in this thread, I read all those posts (I didn't even bother to read the OP because I read the sources) and Arcturus started, and is, in this thread, stalking. It doesn't matter the character of the person she is stalking, that is just the basic fact, and she wanted the facts.


      If you are referring to this thread, ecmandu, I do not consider this to be a debate at all.

      As to the rest, I am a little confused as to your meaning here. Also, I am not stalking in this thread. I am RESPONDING to things which were said AGAINST me by Wells and Arminius. That is NOT stalking, ecmandu. I am really trying to get at the truth of it. So yes I am taking a poll of sorts. What was it that Jung said ~~ that the truth needs the concert of many voices. Of course, I'm not sure he was thinking of the "herd' when he wrote those words.

      [b]“Lost rights are never regained by appeals to the conscience of the usurpers,
      but by relentless struggle.... Goats are used for sacrificial offerings and not lions.”
      ― B.R. Ambedkar, Writings And Speeches


      “Always in your stomach and in your skin there was a sort of protest, a feeling that you had been cheated of something you had aright to.”
      ― George Orwell [/b]

      What this is is my struggle to be heard, to voice my response to their accusations. I am no scapegoat and I am not one to turn the other cheek.
      "Look closely. The beautiful may be small."


      "Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."


      “Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

      Immanuel Kant
      User avatar
      Arcturus Descending
      Consciousness Seeker
       
      Posts: 15689
      Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
      Location: A state of unknowing

      Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

      Postby MagsJ » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:33 pm

      Arcturus Descending wrote:I have no idea what Magsj deleted or didn't delete...

      All off-topic posts... you took the thread off-topic, so I put it back on-topic - it would have been best to message him rather than take the thread off-topic, but you don't seem to want to acknowledge that Arc. Am I just repeating myself here :-?
      The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
      I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
      You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
      User avatar
      MagsJ
      The Londonist: a chic geek
       
      Posts: 20912
      Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
      Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

      Re: An Enquiring Mind Wants to Know

      Postby Orbie » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:48 pm

      '' i have laughed in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what i seem and what i am.''

      Nathanial Hawthorne, Scarlet Letter
      [size=50][/size]Allone's Obe issance



      In answer to your prayer
      sincere, the centre of
      your circle here,
      i stand ; and , without
      taking thought,-
      i know nothing. But i can

      Full well your need-as
      you be men
      This: Re-Creation. With a
      bow,
      Then, your obedient

      servant now.
      One gift is all i find in me,
      And that is faithful
      memory
      Orbie
      partly cloudy, with a few showers
       
      Posts: 7596
      Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 pm
      Location: Night of infinite faith

      PreviousNext

      Return to Non-Philosophical Chat



      Who is online

      Users browsing this forum: No registered users