What's for breakfast?

then you can have brunch which includes booze so there’s a silver lining for ya

Never enjoyed drinking alcohol which always tasted like poison to me, so not even a rust lining.

_
So… I have reinstated my morning coffee, because it actually causes my heart rate to rise… above 50, which then in-turn causes my blood pressure to fall… to around 117/80, and not be around the point where I need to state-the-nature-of-my-medical-emergency. A coffee a day, keeps 999 at bay. :laughing:

…I had a 3-egg scramble and ceviched salmon, to go with the (reinstated) morning coffee.

Your diastolic number seems high in light of your healthy eating habits and exercise regimen. Any idea why? Heredity?

It’s not high for my age group, and it fluctuates between 60 and 80, depending on activity… which is normal, and the medical emergency situation seems to coincide with Spring-pollen allergy season, so only a temporary situation which only started last year.

There’s a lot more Spring pollen in Britain… after the Green Party decided to implement their slogan of ‘we need to plant more trees’, and so they planted more trees, which has intensified pollen allergy symptoms for all sufferers.

The same weekend my system got overwhelmed by pollen in late April, I was at a (socially distanced) gathering, and a few people I spoke to fell ill that exact same weekend with the exact same symptoms… other than that, the phenomenon departs for the rest of the year… until Spring comes round again next year.

Spring pollen allergy season is nearly over. : D

Three eggs, sunny side up over buttered five seed toast.

_
3 scrambled eggs/spinach, and a large coffee with raw cane sugar… the added spinach to the eggs makes it more filling and is 100% pesticide-free/certified organic… otherwise I wouldn’t be able to have eaten it.

I had scrambled eggs too, the leftovers from last night’s dinner, but I smothered these in cheddar cheese and nixed the toast. Then chocolate mint coffee with powdered milk.

Mmm, cheese. :stuck_out_tongue:

I eat dinner stuff almost all day. Frozen dinners in the microwave.

But! When I do eat breakfast!

I love me a good Benedict !

My favorite is eggs Florentine… (which is hard to come by)

Eggs Florentine is just English toast, spinach, tomato’s, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce.

You can sprinkle cayenne on it.

I prefer the vegetarian route for my Benedict’s … but! I must admit … I had a seared mahi mahi Benedict in Hawaii that was divine.

My other staple for breakfast is hash browns… I’m very picky about them. Not too soft, and not a lethal weapon because they’re too crispy!

I kinda equate a good hollandaise sauce with something luxurious like a truffle sauce. Hmmm, I could probably make Hollandaise sauce into a soup it is so delicious.

Yeah… hollandaise is hard to make. I met a hotel chef when I was in my late teens / early 20’s who opened his own restaurant … made the standard Benedict with the ham, but his hollandaise sauce was the best I ever tasted. He told me one day that his secret was how much lemon juice he put into it.

Another amazing Benedict I’ve had was a bacon / arugula Benedict with spicy hollandaise

Crab Benedict’s are good too

I’m kind of a Benedict freak.

but mimosas tho

…same as all week, but with a glass of kombucha to sip-on after, today - the stuff really is good for One’s physical constitution… must be the polyphenols, flavonoids, and vitamins & minerals, I presume.

Same as above (quelle surprîse :icon-rolleyes: ), but with the addition of a Cell Salt… combination 12.

…to be followed by intermittent exercise of the dynamic-HITT kind.

__
Re: What’s for breakfast?
[size=85]Post by WendyDarling » Fri 04 Jun, 2021 15:11[/size]

Your diastolic number seems high in light of your healthy eating habits and exercise regimen. Any idea why? Heredity”?

Me: My exercise regimen, not my eating regimen, has been almost non-existent for almost a year now, apart from a few workouts here-and-there to stop me from feeling lazy… and therein the problem may lie :laughing: so I’ve just recently started, like intermittent eating/fasting, intermittent dynamic-HITT training… it’s much more pleasurable/less-boring to do than a set exercise regimen.

Three spiced eggs sunny side up over buttered five seed toast.

Name the seeds, please.

Brown flax, golden flax, sesame, black sesame, and sunflower, lots of texture with actual flavor packed into 1 carb per slice, made by Aunt Millie’s Co. in Indiana, named Live Carb Smart. I actually called their headquarters to see if their products could be ordered directly online. No. Big fat bummer.

Cinnamon and spice oatmeal with 1/2 Tbs brown sugar and milk.

_
A courgette, radish, celery, and watercress omelette, and an XL coffee… for brunch. Health on a plate…