my facebook page was hacked...

not that I go on facebook that often, but I woke up this morning all excited by
biden’s inauguration and first thing I see is my page has been hacked…
so, dam… It is basically the only way I communicate with my sisters and brother…
We are spread out over the country from FLA to IL to Min, to here in California…

and I have a sister’s birthday coming up and how am I going to wish her a happy birthday
without any long drawn out conversation that I don’t want to have with her… facebook was
great for that…do my social duty and move on with my day… dam, this is quite annoying…

Kropotkin

peter you should delete facebook.

K: well now that is the thing… I can’t get into my page to delete it…
you have to be on facebook to delete face book and I can’t get into facebook…

my temporary solution is to notify my family and then just not rejoin it for a long while…

Kropotkin

ive never had facebook, but i imagine that you should be able to reset your password or something. it’s a cesspool of misinformation and filth.

As long as the the email account associated with your Facebook account hasn’t also been hacked then you can reset your password and get Facebook access again, like Mr R said. Try: login > forgot password.

Once you get Facebook access again, first thing you should immediately do is go to: settings & privacy > settings > security and login. Expand the “Where You’re Logged In” list, and at the very bottom of the list click on “Log Out Of All Sessions” to ensure whoever might have had access to your account gets kicked off and won’t have the new password to log back in. Good luck. Consider two-factor authentication for important accounts.

and then delete the account entirely

After that go out and buy a sweater.