What’s become of this forum?

It’s like a ghost town with no life in it. Like walking through the ruins of a lost city. Does anyone run this place or has it just become deserted?

K: it is going through a minor lull time after months of intense
fighting about the election…I think we are all tired after so much
bitter and strident political infighting…

for example, I am trying to get back to strictly philosophical thought…

I suspect that we shall be back at it shortly… I am thinking around March 4th…

the timing of that date is quite specific…but I shall hold any more thoughts
about it to later…

Kropotkin

I didn’t realize you still stopped in occasionally, PG! The place is quiet, most of the Great Old Ones are gone, replaced with sniveling whelps. Or so it seems.

Hi Phaedrus,
Maybe they’ll be back. I guess they went and found themselves a life. Lol

I left it for a while. When I do the place always dies.

How come there’s no moderation or anything?

There is some thing but moderation not sure about. Guess it’s problematic to moderate some things, when anything moderate is immediately suspect.

This place is great I love it! One of few forums left which are not nerd autistic circlejerk who ban anybody who is not exactly like them…great forum.exactly how id run my forum.

I sense a very large dose of sarcasm…

There are a lot of different people here on ILP. The name of the forum: I Love Philosophy <<< This name would suggest a theme as any good name would. In no way does the name suggest that it is a hardcore philosophy forum. ILP’s name suggests more of a general theme, a theme that would suggest a welcome place to explore to your hearts content…whatever level of philosophy you want. One would not expect to always find an audience here as there are only so many people to go around and therefore some topics would only interest a minority better served by setting up their own special interest groups as some people who have been here might have done. If one were to set up an interest group and have it fail then another option would be to find an already established interest group - - failing this it would become apparent that “you” maybe ahead of your time, drastically behind the times, perhaps even delusional or something else causing “you” to find like minded people impossible.

It is always good to take a look at the world around you and also to look within yourself to find what is wrong or right. By this I am more or less suggesting that while the world might seem messed up, it is probably a good idea to work out whether “you” are messed up. There is no polite way to have this conversation if we are to be real about it. Personally, I think there are a lot of messed up(fucked up) people in the world. I believe the world as a whole is corrupt. I don’t trust anyone whether they are leaders or the person next door - there have been times when I have seen that I should not be trusted and while I cannot always keep an eye on myself to monitor corruption creeping in, I do think about this often.

Doing what is right and believing what is good can be hard because the line keeps shifting regarding good and right.

MagsJ, you sense a large dose of sarcasm but how can you be sure of that? From this person I sense a lot of noise, something akin to what has been described as background noise. I put it like this because the small amount of “material” I have read that has been produced by this person suggests that they are either looking for a place to be or perhaps have some message to get across but is unable to open a channel to any audience, if you get my gist. I am not ruling out the possibility that some people do indeed enjoy pissing others the fuck off or more generally enjoy annoying people and/or starting arguments whether between themselves and others or just between others << there is some sarcasm for you, lol.

I sense a very large dose of old saggy tits. Dont be silly…everything I say is 100 percent literal and comes out of the depths of my unconscious desires and ‘biological make-up’.

You can presume what you like.

You are preaching to the wrong choir.

I’m sure you’ll even see a good faith reasonable response, in his last reply?

Shut up you scheming iffy dog, go talk to people on your level at SHITthyself forum; they evidently need people since its only 3 of them talking to each other nowadays.

Oh, I know I am.

:smiley:

shut your fucking face you autistic wacko

Me?

of course you clown

So why do you think I am autistic?

I can accept being a clown

Polish thinks that because he can swear that he’s not autistic…

“The lady doth protest too much.”