GO ENGLAND.....

I am rooting for England in tomorrow’s big football match

Kropotkin

and in the Copa, Argentina beat Brazil…
first major win for Messi with Argentina…
after 9 tries… good for him…

Kropotkin

_
Football’s coming home?

_
And we have… kick off.

I’m sure the boys appreciate your support Peter, and it traversed the Atlantic and reached them…

Well… the first minute in and Kane has scored… the crowd has gone wild… the game took a few minutes to restart, due to the on-going celebrations, from the crowd and players alike.

Are you shaw Kane scored, MagsJ? :-k It’s over. The best team won. Southgate got his tactics wrong tonight. Useful experience for the World Cup 2022.

you mean soccer?

…it was Shaw that scored, in under 2 minutes.

Some of the penalty-takers chosen were far too inexperienced for it i.e. far too young… instead of football coming home, it’s gone to Rome.

When some of the England players removed their medals tho… 8-[

I think it was an error of judgement to expect Rashford and Sancho to take a penalty. Neither man (boy) had been on the pitch for more than a minute. No chance to adjust to the environment - atmosphere. Just time enough to think: “There’s 60,000 people in the stadium and half a continent watching on TV - I’d better keep calm!” :laughing:

I am guessing that for those young lads, the medals symbolized failure! :-k

Yes! So called, because it is played by men wearing socks, which are covered by boots, all worn on the feet - hence it is more often than not referred to as, football. The ball tends to get kicked with the foot. Hence Football. :slight_smile:

As opposed to Armpit ball or Palmball and its variants, offshoots, and similes.

And they lost. That makes me happy.

I am sure the result pleased a number of people. That said, the fact that your happiness depends upon a team losing a football match may be a cause for concern. How long before you are no longer happy? Doubtless, you are hard to live with… you must be up and down like a yoyo! :-k

:laughing:

England has many haters… one more won’t make a difference. :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a dream that we [Serbia] were playing in a world cup against Iran. I didn’t watch the entire match – I woke up soon after it started – but we managed to score 4 goals during that time (it was like first 10 minutes of the match or so.) I can’t recall who scored the first one but I remember scoring the second one (I kept wondering why I’m in the team at all.) The third one was scored by our captain, Rafael Nadal; and the fourth one was scored by Djokovic. Now, if you’re wondering why Rafael Nadal was in the team given that he’s a tennis player, that’s because football was one of the career paths he had in mind back when he was young; as for playing for Serbia, that’s because Novak asked him to. All in all, it looked like we were going to completely dominate the tournament, so that made me happy.