Series and Shows

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXv-1CMcUu4[/youtube]

“Your Honor”… Almost like “Breaking Bad” set in New Orleans to the extent that Bryan Cranston is the same adrenaline-fueled engine holding our attention as the drama around him unfolds. It’s like the perfect follow up role everyone has been waiting for from Cranston after “Breaking Bad.” Cranston also fulfills a similar father-saving role to his son.

_
The Da Vinci Code - The Greatest Story Ever Sold:
How the Da Vinci Code forced a counter-attack from the church and the art world.

After Dan Brown’s publishing phenomenon The Da Vinci Code was cleared of plagiarism charges, this documentary explores the climate which has permitted a fictional story to make such an effective challenge to conventional history that it has forced a counter-attack from the Church, the art world and academics. Has Brown cracked the most difficult code of all our 21st-century cultural DNA?

Contributors include Richard Leigh, author of The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, art critic Brian Sewell, novelist Sarah Dunant, columnist David Aaronovitch and Opus Dei director Jack Valero.

_
Dan Brown asserted much as fact… says one documentary commentator.

The Rain (2018) In Danish, subtitles available.

Oh that actually looks very good. As in entertaining.

Im watching the Sopranos, once over, this stuff is like Caravaggio.

_
Foyles War:

Has been airing since 2002, but this is the first time I’ve watched it.

10 out of 10, for the acting and storyline, and excellent cast.

_
Agatha Christie’s Poirot… the David Suchet editions.

Mr Poirot: “Look after the liver, and life will take care of it self”.

Mr Poirot: Do you know the most-taxed thing in Belgium? rice! Belgium is trying to stamp it out!

Yea, Rome was a great series, too bad it didn’t get more seasons.

One of, if not the most interesting times and places in all of history, the fall of the Roman Republic.

And don’t forget eve garden

youtu.be/PLnkL_nqgLU

I admit it was only one episode, but the new show called “Resident Alien” on
sci-fi was truly funny… even my wife who hates sci-fi laughed…

I hope they keep up the good work on this one…

Kropotkin

So I’m on the 8th episode of “Your Honor,” continuing to enjoy what has been a pretty damn good show…and then it appears, in all its morbid glory… the ominous, blue face-diaper of death!.. up until this episode you just assumed the show was taking place in a universe free of covid-1984… But for whatever reason, they decided to diaper up one of the cast… just the sight of that thing completely killed the feelings of immersion I had going, thrusting me back into the very lame drama of covid-1984, and ruining what was a very enjoyable show… Apparently, there’s no low to which they won’t stoop…

“Goliath” (2016)… First season is good so far.

youtu.be/ITUazUt8wE4

The original Twin Peaks.
For its numerous moments of genuine soap, it has as many moments of the gravest, most profound art.
And then those moments where the two combine, which are truly transcendental.
Also, the concept of honor. By the 2000’s, it had become possible to convey the idea of honor only in reference to crime. Our culture had fallen by then.
Twin Peaks was made at the peak of the Empire.

#-o

That series was nuts… only the first few episodes made any sense, then David Lynch lost the making-any-sense plot… along with his mind? :-s

_
I’ve gotten into twee British murder mysteries… Midsomer Murders, Grantchester, Lewis, Morse, Endeavour, Vera, Foyles War, Poirot, Miss Marple, etc.

Speaking of nuts, did you ever watch ‘The Leftovers?’

Not heard of that show. HBO do make good shows tho… that’s an unfortunate name for a show.

With all the SJW garbage being circulated, I am disillusioned. Remakes of remakes of remakes. Ugh.

_
The Hatton Garden robbery series… airing is up to the point where the detectives have tracked down the white BMW that was constantly around and caught on nearby CCTV, prior and running up to the day of the robbery.

I never knew it went down like that… the dos and donts of after-robbery clean-ups. :open_mouth:

Whattt??

How dare you.

No, only the first 16 episodes made sense.

Thats when the killah was discovered and died. Then, the show had become so lucrative that they made another 16 episodes which did indeed fail to make sense.

About 5 episodes of the original 16 were directed by Lynch. These stand out to me as THE best art on the screen ever to have been produced.
The remainder of there episodes is directed by anywhere from bad to mediocre to fairly decent directors. Which gives the show an incredibly inconsistent quality.

Had to look up “twee”. What a twee word.