What films are you watching right now?

Sound of Metal was a fucking fantastic film from 2019. I think most of you guys would like it

imdb.com/title/tt5363618/

If you like that, you’ll love this: youtu.be/WGsCzaI5qrM

Well someone obviously didn’t like his body of cinematographical work, or disliked he himself…

Possibly, MagsJ…

But now i’m just watching this:

youtu.be/hEaNcLwdNjc

& this final take eclipses the ending of even a brave new 1984.

youtu.be/MzHvj6roWwM

And finally, but don’t watch if you don’t have time for a full movie!

youtu.be/_m7uL4Q44ws

youtu.be/2fo2fG3t0eE

Ben Turpin at his bestest.

_
Deadpool 2… released in 2018 and I’m only just watching it, let alone Deadpool… or have I. :-s

youtu.be/jtL3wYA01IQ

I’m thinking of watching it then sometimes in the future, seeing the new opera, if possibly staged here

I read the synopsis , and am looking forward to it, and hope against hope that it stays science fiction. But we may never know, time still may be on our side.

It stayed science fiction all the way… harsh in some parts tho, very harsh… it got very messy too, very messy indeed.

Next up, Dead Pool 1.

_
But first up:

Suicide Squad, then Harley Quinn… coz I ain’t seen em yet, and I’m watching em because I can’t sleep/I’m currently in the Wide Awake Club, I’m wide awake.

Edited to add at 03.00: what an amazing soundtrack, to go with… :open_mouth:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG1VLYp5DjQ[/youtube]

The Guilty

One of the best of the best!

& one of the least .

youtu.be/wQvNxN1lSdw

Danced to this as a kid first time in a club in Minneapolis sloppy took my beat away

One of the best Michael Shannons I eva seen.

Richy: youtu.be/Z4Hb2oRhrLM (go to 43:06)

Micheal: youtu.be/l_gM0wib_GE

streamable.com/9agcoe

A clip from some Kaczynski tapes. He was indeed the last of the transcendentalists, but with a bullet. And it’s unfortunate that he would fix himself upon such a ridiculous idea as ‘technology is BAD BAD BAD’, but that is sometimes what happens when geniuses read philosophy books in the wrong order, or end up reading only the wrong ones.

What makes K so great is how he was a kind of omega point of the idea of absolute self autonomy put into radical action. The fundamental Rousseauean conflict being represented here at the heart of the social contract is tremendously, tremendously important.

Where K went south wuz when he started blowing up nonspecific targets and random citizens. Bad. Very bad, K. Targets should have consisted only of large scale industrialists, political figures and law enforcement officials.

U never blow up the people. First principle of the revolutionary anarchist.

youtu.be/MA41yu_aQQ8

At 13:22 Schaefer explains how he had worked for a corrupt police department. Such experiences are incremental in the development of the killer’s defiance toward and disgust with society. When you see this kind of lying and cheating at such high levels of authority, the emperor’s clothes come off.

Bundy as well had intimate experience with the some questionable ethics practiced by the courts during his trial. Especially the media attention.

Now the point isn’t that either of these guys are any less guilty. The point is that the very systems that persecute them are themselves corrupt to one degree or another.

So be careful with your cops and your prosecutors and your judges and your criminal institutions, because we sociopaths are watching very closely.

youtu.be/MA41yu_aQQ8 @ 39:50

This really is somewhat of a puzzle. Most of these guys want credit for their crimes and will only avoid a confession if they are waiting on appeals or trying to stall execution. But this guy had no appeals and was in for life… so why didn’t he confess? Shirley he’d want credit, no?

The strange thing is, he’s the kind of guy who would claim a body just to get his official count up, so when cases with decent circumstantial evidence came up (among the 30 some murder accusations against him) that put him as the killer, even if he knew he wasn’t, he’d still claim he was.

But he didn’t do this either.

What he was doing, however, was writing stories in which detailed descriptions of crimes were being created that matched the crimes he was being accused of. Stylistically clever as this is, it still doesn’t account for the vast number of accusations he didn’t confess to.

See what I mean? So he’s like ‘hey I’ll write stories about my crimes but never directly confess to them… that’s pretty novel and nobody’s ever done that before, etc.’ okay, that’s pretty cool, but ur still not impressing me because as far as I’m concerned, u only killed like four people, and ur being accused of killing 34. Funny thing is, Gerard, u aren’t even trying to lie about it and claim to be the killer, even if u weren’t. That’s what doesn’t make any sense.

Or maybe in the end, deputy Schaefer had us all fooled, having known in advance that we’d not be able to make sense of it. Well I guess.

He knew we would want to think of him as someone who would want credit even if it wasn’t his, so he purposely avoids confessing so not to be placed in that category of fraud.

That aside I would like to commend deputy Schaefer for his brilliant attempt to justify a botched kidnapping. He made a terrible mistake, but what I’m complimenting him on was his ability to come up with the best explanation possible for an impossible situation such as his. It was absolute genius.

Instead of telling u what he did, were gonna put u there in his situation and see what u do. And no googling the crime either.

U r a deputy, and u just abducted two fine ass bitches, tied em up and balanced em on some frickin tree roots or somethin with nooses around their neck. If they slip, it’s over for ya. But like a dumbass, u leave them there with the intention of coming back. But, they escape.

When u return, u discover them gone. What do u do? Hint: u call somebody. But who, and wut do u say?

See if u can figure out what to do. It’s the kind of thing where u r absolutely fucked, no doubt about it… but IF u had to give an excuse, this would be the only thing u could say that would stand a quantum chance in hell.

Nevermind there is no mystery here. Move along folks. I figured it out. Schaefer is being a pragmatist.

vocaroo.com/19b4KABc8IsT

Preliminary note to self: ILP shows no capacity for criminology or research in pathology, and displays no interest in the behavioral sciences in general.

Noted exceptions one ‘pedro I rengel’. Briefly displayed an elementary understanding of certain pathological features of the dissassociative personality disorder en census.

This obsession that you have is not healthy. Imagine if you spent a 100th of the effort on disentangling history.

But your mistake is that you spend too much time focusing on the mythology these very creatures create. There is no answer to them, they appear already half-assed and half-woven as distractions, admittedly aimed at the outside observer, but with the aim of projecting inwards towards themselves anything but these elementary pathological features.

It’s like trying to figure out nazi occultism in order to figure out nazis. It would be to entirely miss the point.