Madonna

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS088Opj9o0[/youtube]

Seriously.

A thread about Madonna.

This was Madonna’s definitive downfall.
She never recovered. She had gotten old and age doesn’t become a virgin.

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 1.46.35 AM.png

Why Madonna?

She was hated.

I think, she’s the first female artist (as in artist) who came out being a woman.
Not: hiding in plain sight, as all women used to be doing, but exposing.

Her Masculinity is integrated.

Jung: the shadow of a male is his feminine subconscious.
And of a female, her masculine subconscious.

Yet, a subconscious doesn’t have an I. It has too much pure intent to be regulated by the diplomacies of the egoic realm.
It is savage and wild as all cultures have expressed.

Madonna, queen of the 80’s; along with Maggie Thatcher.

Savage cunts -

What Madonna never could do is be sensual like this young lady.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIDWgqDBNXA[/youtube]

She was conceptually erotic. Men didn’t want to fuck Madonna. Not in particular. She was some kind of magical image working upon women post-sexualrevolution.

So like, why - Madonna?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_TwfpFXz6A[/youtube]

yes and no. because madonna was one of the first (if not the first) single female popstars to evolve out of a period when females were recognized as rock-n-roll band members (jefferson airplane, heart, fleetwood mac, etc.), capitalism hadn’t yet formulated the hypersexualized single female popstar commodity that would be produced in the decades to follow. in this sense she couldn’t be directly pressured and effected by those market pressures… because they didn’t yet exist. she was an experiment, sorta. not a ‘product’. not yet, anyway. spears, aguilera, beyonce, et al., these are ‘products’.

also the 80s was a creative period with the relatively new synthesizer technology that evolved out of the 70s. so madonna’s music, her sound, was actually good, something new and unique, because it hadn’t been done yet. it was the first of a genre and free from all the formulaic rules that would govern the music of the 90s female popstars.

but make no mistake; during the 80s the forces of capitalist production were mounting up in the background to wage a full scale war on the spirit of music. frank will explain.

Yes, that makes sense.
She could not be an object as much as Aguilera or this other Christina -

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z5Mvyp1QHw[/youtube]

Because indeed, she was a pioneer setting a precedent. Though - did it really become a precedent?
Or do the products that we mention deviate too much from what Madonna represents, to be seen as reflections of her Archetype?

So true. The Archetype is complex though.

Can You see Madonna in Britney? They actually implied a hidden feeling for each other , deep kissing on stage.
But even though Britney threw the gauntlet of her sexuality away with forlorn affection, can You see other pioneers in her?

youtu.be/CduA0TULnow

Ginger Rogers , even the strain ranging from as early as the various dumb blondes, with MM framing them with cynical incongruity; MM was a very highly intelligent naive played seductress:

Even Barbarella , the French recreation of Jane Fonda, pushes buttons here.

Barbarella is very stereoscopic with Barbara Eden’s visual pronouncement of a kind of Bowe’ish space oddity.

All of which feed on visual energy, a vampirism of multi dimensional autistic dreamworld , where the audience is multi dimensionally disaffected, from what really is eating his love pathos into mere visual cliches he need not understand.
For it would eat his heart out.

youtu.be/sk6aacq5tJk

Madonna holds the dubious honor of making the first ablum I ever bought. Think I moved quickly on to eurythmics and annie lennox, which makes me feel better about my teenage self :smiley: .

Still think Madonna’s a pretty good artist to be honest, but I always either love one of her songs, or hate the shit out of it - not a lot of middle ground. In her defence, she’s never compromised herself or her principles, though mainly because there has never been very much to compromise.

Fave: youtu.be/gLFWRDsx5AI

Looking back I really miss the 80’s, I never appreciated the music at the time, eh, I was young wotchagonnadoaboutit, but it was an amazingly rich time creatively, so much diversity. And happy happy. Everyone was rich, global warming didn’t exist, AIDS just killed poofs and the tv was racist lol. Innocent times.

Not sure whether she was a femminist icon so much as someone who just didn’t give much of a fuck what people thought of her just so long as they thought of her, and had a keen sense of what sold.
download.jpeg

Now You can understand how I feel being the child of the sixties , the eightees is a remorph, of a reform of the vain, wane of the sixties.

Naw it wasn’t an echo dude, it was its own thing because… computers.

Madonna is a computer artist. In that her beats came from the synthesizer kicks and pads and the sequencer.

You seriously cant fuck with the 80s, 1984 is even in the 80s. Ronald Reagan was there. Contras.

She had her time, she made her money, now get the fuck out… what more she want!

Not sure what’s so sensual about Aguilera (particularly the early Aguilera, when she first appeared with that hit single of hers, where she was more of an innocent girl than a sexual object.)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np_Y740aReI[/youtube]

The year is 1990. Far more sexual than early Aguilera and Spears.

lol okay then
not much love here I see

Well yeah that is a very erotic video. As in, a style. But if you’re going for that type of thing this is infinitely steamier.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f4BwQFF-Os[/youtube]

I was a fan… of not all but of some of her music, but once sex icons start getting old, they need to start rethinking their audience and offerings… so growing old gracefully and being a mature sexpot, lol, as we’ve all seen Whatever Happened To Baby Jane, haven’t we?

Nice to see you laughing btw : )

Both those videos have their (sensual) merit… the only difference between them being age.

I’m quite the fan of this Prince video… it’s both cute and sexy, at the same time.

Cardi B > Madonna

Her ass is a lot bigger, I guess her body mass is too. But do you mean she’s like, better?

Id dispute that.

She’s the only bitch who can be a stripper, a chart topping pop star and a political pseudoscientist all while having little more than a rudimentary grasp of her native language.

There is something to her.

Ill grant that. I don’t mean she has a body of some kind of personally designed deal with God. She isnt even pretty. She has some weird quality which is kind of Aeonic.