Watch This Fucking Movie Already

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8pOAsERcg0[/youtube]

Come on it is so so great. I just heard from my woman that it is a great film and proves my ability to make great films.
I showed it to my old buddy from the filmacademy who “made it” (in Dutch film, so thats basically the same as failing unfortunately, its the one thing the Dutch are not good at, theatrics) and he wondered why I was holed up in such “Seven-like” neighbourhoods. I thought he loved those as I so for their cinematic quality but then again, he has spent 20 years getting ruined by being successful in Dutch film.

I had a conversation with a fellow orgonite maker, I asked him if he could name some good Dutch film and he could name precisely 1.
(“Schatjes”)

I’ll watch it if, in 25 words or less, someone can explain to me why they watched it.

And I’ll watch it twice if, in 10 words or less, someone can explain to me why “all rational men and women are obligated to watch it”.

And, as always, no Kids please.

posting here so I can add it to watchlist

Like I said, no Kids please. :laughing:

lamb you’re a child compared to me, now go to your room, no dessert

What can I say: youtu.be/waf46eBajkw

Well, unless you count Pedro in yak yak yak mode.

The two of them can work that out.

Ok, let me introduce the film to you ya drooling bastid. Its about two guys who are beyond pshychiatric help (they believe in Gods and such crazyness) and who, in a world of unendurable weakness, have decided to meet in order to attempt something other than whatever the world suggests (weakness).

Of course, the project was bound to tragically come apart. But thats not the story. The story is, there is no story actually but the plot, the thing, its… well watch the thing. If I could explain in words Id not have made it.
Its about happiness too, you know. And snow and hot coffee that doesnt help against cold feet.

Its about everything and nothing. No, not everything. And not entirely nothing either though thats part of it.

Also there’s gossip about and mockery of promethean, early on. Its one of several pretty funny parts. You can take that personal if you wish.

Ill be curious to read your review, Urwrong. Im not expecting any awards, mind you.
(not because of not deserving them, but because of said condition of the world)

a social worker once told me that i was “therapy resistant”. i feel ya man.

So what’s the point or plot of the movie? You said everything and nothing, that’s about it. I saw mostly a couple of dudes hanging-out. There are some good shots in it, like when you guys run to the van in rain and drive over the camera. The post-production is missing, like sound and picture editing. The conversation is often drowned-out or quiet, if you intend to emphasize the dialogue. The background noise often canceled out conversation entirely.

R - I can see that.
Im “therapy resistant” in another way, though maybe essentially the same - Ive been through too much weird shit for them to even begin to know what theyre dealing with, and I understand them in their attempts too easily and play with it to drive away the boredom.

U — I guess I can put back the vase I had removed to make place for my Oscar for sound engineering.
The plot… is pretty dark. And you kind of need to want to catch it. Thanks for watching it though, maybe it will affect a dream.
Obviously that one in the rain with the van was a nice shot, though I always wish Id just steered right into the camera as I hit the gas, rather than make that preparatory swerve, which suggests that I have a purpose of going into a target like a camera rather than just happening to drive over where the viewer just happens to be sitting. I used to be an editor, small things like that make up the making of a film, the pacing, what happens to support whatever is explicit.

I know that sounds like pretentious bullshit.

But of all the thousands and thousands of videos that have gone through my hands, this is one of the most satisfying for me to look at.
Its a portrait of North America from Dutch eyes as well.

Anyone else? :wink:

As per usual his “explanation” above is as muddied and as muddled as most of what he posts here.

Or, rather, most of what I have read/viewed coming from him.

Anyway, as almost everyone knows, my own interest in philosophy revolves around “I” at the existential intersection of identity, value judgments and political economy. Attached to a point of view regarding conflicting goods and death… and what is anticipated to be beyond it. And what, in attaining what one does believe is beyond it, motivates one to choose one set of behaviors rather than another.

So, if those things are also of interest to you, watch the film and let me know if it might be worth my time to watch it in turn.

You know, because the film actually does deal with all those things in ways that are more or less straight-forward. And not couched in the usual ineffable, esoteric mumbo-jumbo that he often resorts to here.

In my own opinion of course.

Progress.

What else can I say: youtu.be/waf46eBajkw

You know, if you want to call that progress. :laughing:

What are these links you keep posting?

fixed one of my dreams in life is to be in a cage match with a therapist but like 2 separate cages where they cant murder me, and far enough apart where they cant spit at me and we go head to head until one of us has a nervous breakdown i think i could win man i know it i think about it all the time

Ill say.
With an english jews russian accent this could be called a great success.
The Great Success. Could be a Maoist disaster or an I Ching entry. Or the end of Objectivism.

Im reminded of this scene.
youtu.be/4i6-ndb_tKM?t=155
How bad is your temper?

It could be a nice tv show.

i dont have a temper i only get mad like once every 7 or 8 years and its usually for a good reason and i usually end up getting arrested lol but the entire rest of the time im just a calm monotone dude who just cant find anything to raise my pulse

So you are more like Zorba the Buddha than Tony Soprano.