Best song ever written

I’ve heard everything from the Beatles, Beach Boys, BeeGees, Beethoven…

This is the best song ever written!

If you disagree with me, you’re still young:

youtu.be/kXC04uXfmN8

This is the best song in existence.

It even tops: Nick Lowe - Failed Christian

youtu.be/ioMc4AyziYA

I’ll give you the lyrics too!

youtu.be/s_mFZ8wYE0c

the best song ever written is “i like it like that” by cardi b.

Dude, I humored you. She’s a rich bitch, entitled, vengeful spirit.

This is not the best song ever written.

People hurt in the world dude. Why do you have to be such a douchbag everyday?

You can’t even endure hell dude. Not without the grace of people like me.

The song I posted as the best song of all time can only be appreciated by people who start growing grey hairs and aren’t absolute fucking morons like you.

the best single best song ever written is Pachelbel’s Canon…

you can do about a million things with this song… slow, fast, jazzy,
classical, rock and roll, it fits into every single genre…
you can easily identify it and yet, it will still sound different
depending on who is playing it…

hands down the single best song ever written…

Kropotkin

I’d forgotten about your song. The lyrics are very well written but the vocals don’t touch me nor the melody uplift me the way Coldplay’s “Fix You” song does.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXq-14lV79s[/youtube]

Do you like Coldplay?

she was stripping for dollars like 3 years ago in atlanta. it’s a rags to riches story about a young girl who followed her dream and became the greatest singer of her generation.

I get mad sometimes. You know that about me. Sorry.

This isn’t about the story. This is about lyrics that have zero contradictions and are worth listening to.

Y’all obviously haven’t heard this song yet: youtu.be/3h3m4AJHiwg

Ecman, if that’s the criteria, a couple spring to mind: youtu.be/YXuB6md9zPk

A little more obscure: youtu.be/zafgTlAmAa0

the lyrics are pretty amazing

youtu.be/NQfe92oITWU

WestCoast easy listening, shmaltz

There is no such thing as the best song ever written.
There is not even such a thing as my favourite song.

But here is one I like. In just under ten minutes it is the song that first established Yes’ golden years, where all the right members were in the band and they finally offered something that no one else could match for the time. When this album was issued it led to their best time as a band until 1980 brought things down to the ordinary.
youtube.com/watch?v=DKftiJS30Cs

I’ve heard most of Zappa’s music, but this track stands out amongst the others. I captured my imagination and offers something few popular music tracks do; astonishingly good xylophone playing.
youtube.com/watch?v=vAGVQM6IAKk

The Beatles were amongst the most influential bands of the twentieth century. But just take Paul MacCartney’s solo performances; of Let it Be, Hey Jude and Yesterday - how would you chose between them? Let along the rest of the songbook.
youtube.com/watch?v=A_MjCqQoLLA

Then, in chosing a Beatles sing as the best you’d have to throw out the ouvre of The Rolling Stones. COuld you even select which of their’s stands out. Here’s a good’en, but this is selected more of less because I just listened to Hey Jude. Had I been listening to anything else there are a dozen other Stones songs that might have been a candidate.
youtube.com/watch?v=RcZn2-bGXqQ

I could no more reject the Stones in favour of the Beatle than I could reject Led Zeppelin in favour of Pink Floyd or reject either of them in favour of any of the above. One think definitely NOT in their favour, Pink FLoyd’s Roger Waters obsessively writing song about and related to his boyhood war experience got to be a bit of a fucking boor. Suck it up baby! Nonetheless many songs are well up at the top of the list.
Here’s one of the best from Floyd. youtube.com/watch?v=KBca3xf-j3o
Whereas here’s one of my favs from Zep. This took a lot of thinking.
youtube.com/watch?v=KBca3xf-j3o
Where do I stop?
youtube.com/watch?v=u5CVsCnxyXg
youtube.com/watch?v=bv_4sZCLlr0

What about Humour???
youtube.com/watch?v=aD9Lfyg2l6E

I’ll leave this here.
youtube.com/watch?v=LI7ASaA … rt_radio=1

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTlNMmZKwpA[/youtube]

I’ll just say this:

One hit wonders are better than big bands.

I’ll leave it at that.

Sculptor,

You’re not going to believe this!

I was actually invited by Jon Anderson into Yes.

It was funny.

I used to play piano at a coffee shop and this disheveled man starts humming to my Bach.

Then I start playing my own songs …

He walks up to the side of the piano as I’m playing, and like maybe 30 other people ask me if I’ll join their band before.

He asked me, “do you know yes?”

I looked at him and I stated, “I have no clue what you’re talking about” as I was playing…

Then I thought to myself “maybe I’ve heard of yes” and said it to him, thinking it might just be a local band.

Then he pointed to his heart and said, “I’m yes!!!”

I was like, “whatever dude” in my head.

Then many hours later I searched yes on my phone, and found out that Jon Anderson invited me to his band.

I don’t regret my decision, but it’s a funny story.

Also Sculptor,

One of my dreams in life is to release a piano album.

I’ve never met a person who doesn’t like my songs.

I just happen to have all of existence on my mind, so I’m a little busy at the moment.

But when I get around to it, more people than my circle of friends will hear my music.

I think out of all the people currently active on this forum, Prom likes them (Coldplay) the most. Right next to Maroon 5 and Bruno Mars. Amirite, prom?

Personally, I think Coldplay is better than both Maroon 5 and Bruno Mars, and they aren’t as bad as some make them to be (or at least they weren’t, I don’t know what they are doing today) but better than all of them is the original synth-pop band:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVl4qvHuY8g[/youtube]

And bands such as Phoenix are also better than Coldplay.

She’s more like a useful idiot, you know, the kind used for political reasons. And I am not sure you can call her a singer let alone the greatest singer of her generation.