Architecture, Paintings, Statues, Sculptures etc. (no Music)

Aren’t all Grand Designs bourne of such, and other differing types of such…?

The degree of the beauty can be greater than the degree of the megalomaniac.

Please call the city’s Planning Department’s complaints division for your architectural complaint, and the Presidential HR complaints division for your megalomaniac-ruler complaint.

I have no „architectural complaint“.

In the meantime, I have experienced so many different kinds of madness in so many different people that nothing surprises me any more and I am practising ever greater serenity, tranquility.

I see… such people need to be kept at arms distance… or further.

That city has free-energy, so quite a benevolent act to pass. I don’t find that showing off your capital’s wealth a malevolent thing, as even third-world cities do it.

Art appreciation…?

I wouldn’t want to see either depiction over and over again, and after 40,000 years I’m sure there’s room for both of them. Sorry, but I’m not of your everything has to be classical ilk… you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all… I like visual variety.

Bb.jpg

Sorry.

Because I meant this work of art:

[tab]Actually, it should look like this:

Bb.jpg[/tab]

No. There is not only the classical style. And the rest is not only the same thing. There are many styles.

Do you have a favourite style(s)?

I’d say, that mine are definitely… Gothic/Gothic revival, Regency, Victorian, Georgian, and then… the North, East, Europe, the rest of the world.

cntraveler.com/galleries/20 … ers-photos

Yes, I have several favourite styles.

I just don’t like the new styles, because they simply no longer have anything to do with aesthetics in the positive sense (beauty), but only in the negative sense (ugliness, destructiveness - and the excuses for this are also ugly and destructive).

Gargoyles and Grotesques? not all Olde artistic creations are beautiful, but I appreciate and admire them none-the-less.

Bigger structures… like buildings and cities, are more difficult to hide One’s distaste over… I’m quite un-keen on the design of the UAE cities and states… far too arrogantly-opulent for my more ‘pared down’ tastes.

_
:open_mouth:

Where can this church be found? In England?

I’ll get back to you on that, but what of the gargoyles and grotesques and arrogantly-opulent towns and cities?

All Saints Church in Hereford, England, from what I read.

The church was built in the 1300’s but the carving was only noticed when an additional floor was added (for a restaurant, I think) and this was discovered that during the restoration. I wonder if it supposed to tell us something about the church’s priest?.. or perhaps the sculptor was saying he was fucked over by the church?.. or he might have tripped – almost falling to his death – and saw this I’m-fucked-image flash past him? Believing it was a message from God, he felt compelled to carve it?

One does indeed wonder what it was that prompted the carver, in his design of that carving.

Perhaps it was simply a prank, to defile the sanctity of the church that he was hired to help build… I had wanted Alf to reply to my last inquiry to him, before moving forward into that, tho.