Architecture, Paintings, Statues, Sculptures etc. (no Music)

Bb.jpg

Sorry.

Because I meant this work of art:

[tab]Actually, it should look like this:

Bb.jpg[/tab]

No. There is not only the classical style. And the rest is not only the same thing. There are many styles.

Do you have a favourite style(s)?

I’d say, that mine are definitely… Gothic/Gothic revival, Regency, Victorian, Georgian, and then… the North, East, Europe, the rest of the world.

cntraveler.com/galleries/20 … ers-photos

Yes, I have several favourite styles.

I just don’t like the new styles, because they simply no longer have anything to do with aesthetics in the positive sense (beauty), but only in the negative sense (ugliness, destructiveness - and the excuses for this are also ugly and destructive).

Gargoyles and Grotesques? not all Olde artistic creations are beautiful, but I appreciate and admire them none-the-less.

Bigger structures… like buildings and cities, are more difficult to hide One’s distaste over… I’m quite un-keen on the design of the UAE cities and states… far too arrogantly-opulent for my more ‘pared down’ tastes.

_
:open_mouth:

Where can this church be found? In England?

I’ll get back to you on that, but what of the gargoyles and grotesques and arrogantly-opulent towns and cities?

All Saints Church in Hereford, England, from what I read.

The church was built in the 1300’s but the carving was only noticed when an additional floor was added (for a restaurant, I think) and this was discovered that during the restoration. I wonder if it supposed to tell us something about the church’s priest?.. or perhaps the sculptor was saying he was fucked over by the church?.. or he might have tripped – almost falling to his death – and saw this I’m-fucked-image flash past him? Believing it was a message from God, he felt compelled to carve it?

One does indeed wonder what it was that prompted the carver, in his design of that carving.

Perhaps it was simply a prank, to defile the sanctity of the church that he was hired to help build… I had wanted Alf to reply to my last inquiry to him, before moving forward into that, tho.

Maybe - but really just maybe - the one you call „the church’s priest“ wanted it that way himself (?). :-k

I doubt it.

_
Product design… one of the most expensive cars ever sold.

980A0119-5581-4CA9-A32D-F6C8414FD27A.jpeg

Gargoyles and Grotesques are expressions before modern times and therefore fine.

I completely agree with what you said about the “design” of the UAE.

twisty.jpg

Gargoyles and Grotesques are expressions before modern times and therefore fine.

I guess the reasons behind Architecture/Art/Design, change over time/with the passing millennia, centuries, and decades… the natural, being replaced by man-made technological materials.

N_E_F.jpg
[tab]Wrong thread?[/tab]

F_K.jpg