Architecture, Paintings, Statues, Sculptures etc. (no Music)

twisty.jpg

Gargoyles and Grotesques are expressions before modern times and therefore fine.

I guess the reasons behind Architecture/Art/Design, change over time/with the passing millennia, centuries, and decades… the natural, being replaced by man-made technological materials.

N_E_F.jpg
[tab]Wrong thread?[/tab]

F_K.jpg

_
Whitehall, London SW1

Aerial view of Whitehall Palace… Whitehall, London

6BFF7112-0CEE-4733-9993-89BCF0F3B856.jpeg

View of a Medieval-inspired Whitehall Palace, looking East from the Blue Bridge in St James’ Park… Whitehall, London

B62F0B16-10EB-4F37-B0C8-2E5FBEF37CAA.jpeg

Looking down Whitehall towards Big Ben from Trafalgar Square
at night in winter… Whitehall, London

The “painter” or “painters” of the first “painting” probably did not know anything about art. The (de)constructor(s) of what you can see in the second picture know only destruction, know nothing more of art. We live in decadent times.

One often wonders whether there are any artists left at all.

“Creative destruction” is what the “transhumanist” Klaus Schwab, who founded the “World Economic Forum” in 1971, calls the destruction of that which we Westerners have built up, but with it proportionately also that which the financial system dominating the world and thus also Klaus Schwab himself, who supports it, have built up. What is indicated in the systems of finance, economy, jurisdiction and politics is also indicated in art. “Creative destruction” therefore does not coincidentally go hand in hand with the art movement “de(con)structivism”. And as the latter tramples on art or what is left of it, so do those with money, trade, the business of medium-sized companies, laws, etc… And - as I have already announced so often since April 2001 in the Internet: at the end about 0.0000001-0.001% humans are to remain as powerful ones, so to speak as “superhumans”, and consequently 999.999-99.99999% humans as slaves, so to speak as “subhumans”. As if all this would not be already cynical and misanthropic enough, Klaus Schwab calls this goal also still completely openly “transhumanism”. He seems to be sure of his cause, even believes that this madness will be realized already in 2030. Schwab not only wants to expropriate us, i.e. not only to abolish our property, but even to abolish our possessions, i.e. to abolish us, because he who cannot possess cannot exist. Property is legally secured, but possession is not, because possession is only given purely factually, and existentially.

I love this one.
It’s unusual in that Thomas Brock was an otherwise unremarkable jobbing sculptor doing pretty standard public monuments.
This sculpture of “Eve” is well observed and rather precocious.
She’s one of my favourites

_
Meanwhile… somewhere in India…

_
Al-Khazneh (Arabic: الخزنة; “The Treasury”)
Petra, Jordan…

One word … I love it … ok, three words :smiley:

Hellenism, in 1st Century Jordan… what is it about it, that you like?

A walk between the columns to a “black hole”.

Great.

It does?

_

_
Somewhere in the Pontic Mountains…

DC150FBD-1644-434D-99DE-B8606D6F1D9E.jpeg

710592BB-A89F-4898-A90E-47A071E090E7.jpeg

330EA751-3809-4826-923B-1DDA00A6AD2F.jpeg

Chaz sculpture-124 -1.jpg

DSCF0016.JPG