Architecture, Paintings, Statues, Sculptures etc. (no Music)

Art, especially architecture, paintings, statues, sculptures and the like (no music, please, because there are already enough threads about music).

I like music the most. But music is not allowed here for stated reasons. I have understanding for that.

Then I contribute by posting two pictures of a castle that I like very much:

1.jpg
2.jpg
See also: ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 2#p2804267 .

First two are part of two separate projects - number three is from my Mother - and last one - 4 - is from French painter, Oscar-Claude Monet.

1. I call her, Alis - she is looking through ice in process of cracking. I had to trim image because of forum limitation.

2. I call this, Below - my Mother like purple - she once painted a whole landscape in shades of purple - I loved it.

I also like to paint single flowers - my favorite was an Iris - it was in watercolor - it looked so real, maybe you want to pick it up from page, lol.

But the reality is not always necessary - Irises, 1889, by Vincent van Gogh - I like this too.

When I was young, I spent a lot of time with pottery and porcelain too - that was fun.

3. This one from my Mother - she was still working on this before she died - so it is unfinished - I don’t know what she named it.

Horizon is not level because painting is on easel when my Mother took photo, and lighting is not best but I am OK with that.

Acrylic on canvas was my Mother’s favorite. She also like leathercraft - such a creative woman.

4. This one, Claude Monet - Poppies - 1873 - Oil on canvas - (Coquelicots, La promenade (Poppies), 1873, Musée d’Orsay, Paris).

Amazing Monet - Monet was amazing…but I have many favorites…

There are too many architectures, statues, and sculptures to choose from - I like old ones the most.

Yes, I like music too. Everyone in my family except two sisters played instruments regularly - for me, guitar, bass guitar, clarinet, and compositions but I love violin, cello, and viola the best.

I have no pictures of anything I can post with my now mediocre phone, I am being brutally honest, I never had a computer, so there.

But if I could post it it would be. this:

images.app.goo.gl/FhGPAse8WmiZSySu8

Allow me…

Alice? It is beautiful.

Then try to describe the picture you can’t send, e.g. poetically, if poetry is allowed.

Yes, you do not need to post a picture, you can, if you want to, describe the picture you have in your head - poetically or not poetically.

This of course:

R_1883.jpg

It is a visual Pirandello, it is classically hollow ,the pillars possess intrinsic shadows which deliberate if light should overcome darkness. It is oblong or trapizoid and ItAlian fresco, it seems to gradually roll off anything there for it is leveled down to one side.

It is like a promise of a past future or even a future past come alive.

Ill try to find it

Chirico, of the scholar metafisica school-

“In a manuscript of 1909 he wrote of the “host of strange, unknown and solitary things that can be translated into painting … What is required above all is a pronounced sensitivity.”[12]”

Yes, a good idea.

But an “Italian fresco” is also just a fresco. Or do you mean something else by the expression “Italian fresco”?

Hello Kathrina !

“The word fresco (Italian: affresco) is derived from the Italian adjective fresco meaning “fresh”, and may thus be contrasted with fresco-secco or secco mural painting techniques, which are applied to dried plaster, to supplement painting in fresco.”

Hope that helps.

Ludwig v. Beethoven:

Meno, hi!

I did not ask about the origin of the word “fresco”, which I know, but about whether you yourself meant something different by it, because you added the word “Italian”.

____.jpg___.jpg__.jpg

Did you just post photographs, Kathrina? :sunglasses:

:angry-tappingfoot:

[tab]Do not derail this thread, Kathrina! :sunglasses:[/tab][tab]:laughing:[/tab]

Such pretty flowers though, Otto. Photographs of architectures, paintings, sculptures, and statues are OK though, right?

La danse à Bougival by Pierre-Auguste Renoir is beautiful, Kathrina - amazing what people can do with, oil on canvas. The Dance paintings are lovely.

Let us just say that I was inspired to post this:

Kathrina said:

"did not ask about the origin of the word “fresco”, which I know, but about whether you yourself meant something different by it, because you added the word “Italian”.

memo answers:

No, I didn’t mean anything other than what it says, sorry for another vain attempt to find something else in a lost wonderland

Yes, of course. Photographs of architectures, paintings, sculptures, and statues are welcome to be sent. :slight_smile:

Yes, you are right, Encode.

Hey, Encode. Very good.

Where did you find that?

Landschaft (landscape), 2012:

Landschaft.jpg
:character-cookiemonster: