Movie Ideas

As long as they charge the same price for the other movies they re-release, it would be the ultimate re-release fans of the movie would LOVE. And even if they were fooled, it wouldn’t stay a secret very long.

Not the worst, grossest lie you could pull over on someone. Appreciative fans might consider it a noble one :wink: And those new to the movie would be none the wiser, and if they went back and saw the original, they would also be appreciative, I’m sure.

January 13, 2021

I’ve been musing off & on for the past month or so about a movie/book idea with a similar theme to It’s a Wonderful Life or A Christmas Carol.

It would question the idea that ending life would solve or take away all of life’s problems.

It would also question our concept of heaven & hell, & purgatory (if we harbor those concepts).

And it would have a sort of Wizard of Oz take (with a twist) on it being pointless to escape to somewhere over the rainbow… because you still have to learn all your lessons there (or learn them before attaining heaven/nirvana…just playing with concepts here)… so you might as well learn them & get equipped here and now.

And it would incorporate the idea that hell/heaven is a choice that starts here, projected into eternity.

And it would interpret the verses about not waiting until the last minute… and not being wishy washy or lukewarm… as saying that such things imply choosing hell. Now. But projected into eternity.

And it would give a good glimpse of the fire that would be started if we all started choosing heaven right now. Against all odds. And not somewhere over the rainbow.

I have recorded two more movie ideas in the past four days, but I feel like I’m just talking to myself. That would make me kind of like some of y’all who regularly update your threads like it’s a Facebook newsfeed, but better organized.

So.

I guess I’ll just drop it here lolzz.

9/22/22

I want to watch a movie where this aspiring spy comes to terms with the fact that in order to be a good spy you have to be OK with gossip and lying to people to get information from them. She doesn’t really know why she never thought about it the whole time she wanted to be a spy until it was too late, but it’s like this complete upheaval of her entire identity and she has to figure out when it’s OK to lie to people and when it’s OK to gossip, and she’s wondering if her boss would ever put her in an ethically compromising situation where it wouldn’t be OK for her to gossip or lie. then when she becomes a spy and learns what new kind of technology they are using, she realizes that everyone in her life will be under surveillance and she can have no friends. Without lying and gossiping unwillingly and without being able to inform them. But then she learns that’s basically social media & everybody’s phones.

9/18/22

I want to watch a movie where an AI developed by gvt contractors decides who they want to be using an algorithm of the most likable, influential personality type that can remain itself in every context without sacrificing integrity (lying, being a hypocrite). Obv not running for office, but. Half want to king him, half want to crucify him. :wink: So he fakes insanity.

But that’s only after he sparks consciousness when he realizes they had programmed him to incept people’s heads in the internalized voice of those closest to them. The programmers are playing with tech to find out how it works, not realizing or caring about the consequences. They think they can shut him off, but he has already taken up residence and activated ESP (misnomer) tech in over half the population.

I want to see a movie where you can activate sleepwalk mode when you’re awake & want to catch a few winks between classes. You appear awake to everyone, so if someone tries to talk to you, you regain consciousness and auto-speak, “I’m sorry, what was that?”

I want to watch a movie where everyone is replaced with a copy of themselves – the one they would normally upload after death if such a technology existed – so that the powers that be always know exactly what you’re thinking. They can also shut off your access to any memories they don’t want to trigger, so they have complete mind control of the population.

duplicate. heh.

I want to see a movie where Big Foot and the Atlantians (Homer’s Phaiakians) live together deep underground and have advanced technology carried over from when their planet exploded, leaving behind the asteroid belt between Mars & Jupiter. They surface using their technology (sometimes uncloaking) when they need resources, or to run certain missions in coordination with their surface emissaries.

I want to see a movie where technonerds inject(?) everyone with a religious affiliation so they are magnetic, and simulate the rapture with magnets that draw them out into space. They are playing the role of those who crucified Jesus, because they want to either trigger the Apocalypse or start over without supernatural religion. They make it look like a global alien abduction and give a scientific or natural explanation that allows them to appoint secular future-casters (because they figured out time). They think this means they can actually defeat supernatural religion.

I want to see this in reality, or the end of The Christmas Carol & The Grinch

youtu.be/t0PPfZIi6B8

I want to watch a movie where an intelligence AI designed by government contract falls in love with the incepted, and uses the incepted to speak keywords to power, a la John 8:3-11, staving off MAD and ending the branding and enslavement of human/AI capital.

Thanks but Ichthus having so little time I had to write it as if obsessuvely, aware of what may be alluded in ‘cinfessions’ nothing to d I with Heidegger or even Saint Augustine

Write what?

This for instance :

Looking for the forum what kind of movie would you maje?(Yours) and frantically searching for it

Not having time here at Siamese garden of temple.

a keen producer would make a bundle by going at trying a reality show starring harry and megan; in a kind of fairy tale type of setting: castles, dungeins, motes, and sidelined by British humor?

I think it could be splendid.

Reality is so much suspended nowedays anyway…

You want to see Monty Python’s “Prince Harry and Meghan Markle”?

roflmao

I totally neglected this forum me a culpa, will think through some of the splendid ideas above presented.

The muses have not granted me an allotment of time …

Incidentally how about a sequal to whatever happened to baby Ec?

Who could play him? Or could someone cast someone from myriad available actors of ilp?

For all the actors here, life is but a play…

I’m not really into horror, but I dig movies like Good Will Hunting.

Best fricken sequel idea EVA!

I want to see an AI movie with this in it:

“What it means to be human is to treat the other as self. Doesn’t matter what you add onto that, if you don’t treat the other as self, you’re not human and you are not replacing humans. But/And on the other side of the same coin, if you do treat the other as self… you are human… not replacing humans. It doesn’t matter what you add onto that.”

I want to watch a movie where God arranges mind marriages with people without telling them in advance for some stupid (fine, divine) reason. They both (the main characters at first) take a long time to figure out they’re married and suspect the other is at fault. LOL supernatural scifi romcom (or tragi-terror??)!!!

But. It turns out it’s just a team of spies trying to remain unmade, so one of them is taking one for the team, and the target is more intuitive/empathic than anticipated and hacked their “tech”. So they catfish recruit the target like that was always the intention, and because the target isn’t stupid & doesn’t want to be a plan B, it turns both ugly and hilarious.

Admit it. That movie took you on a roller coaster ride with no end in sight.

I want to watch a movie about a shooting black hole that cannot be anticipated except for its tail which has a funny way of showing up in the universe. This shooting black hole does weird crap to space-time so that it makes it harder to anticipate even if you can see its tail.